more ยป" />

Merry Christmas Eve

by Meghann on December 24, 2011

Who needs grandkids when you’ve got granddogs?

Right, Mom and Dad? ๐Ÿ˜‰

We had a fun mini-photoshoot with all the puppies today. (remember, we’re crazy dog people).

Do you know how hard it is to get 5 dogs to look and smile?

IMG_4194.JPG IMG_4195.JPG IMG_4196.JPG IMG_4197.JPG

This shot was a miracle. Trust me.

More outtakes.

IMG_4145.JPG IMG_4146.JPG IMG_4147.JPG IMG_4148.JPG

There we go.

Yet again….

IMG_4171.jpg IMG_4172.jpg

Much better.

And just for a taste of cheese.

It wouldn’t be Christmas Eve without a big Christmas party. This morning we celebrated with my Dad’s side of the family and tonight we invited my Mom’s side of the family over for our annual Christmas Eve feast.

We started with a table of apps.

I mainly stuck to my mom’s cheeseball and our tray of veggies and hummus. There was a nibble or two of the baked brie on the table as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_4208.JPG IMG_4210.JPG

Two of my favorite girls.

IMG_4216.jpg IMG_4217.jpg

The first of my two glasses of merlot for the evening.

Congrats to Anthony for carving his first every turkey this evening! He did good.

IMG_4245.JPG IMG_4247.JPG

Who’s ready to eat?!

I cleaned my plate. Everything was delicious, as usual.

IMG_4278.JPG IMG_4284.JPG

I had been talking up my yule log all night. I told everyone I talked to that they had to try it (or else).

The good news was it was even better than I thought it was going to be. The rich mocha flavor flowed nicely with the light sponge chocolate cake.

The sad news is it’s gone. It was the first dessert to go and I miss it already. I’ll definitely be making this again in the future!

Present time!

My favorite part of Christmas is watching the little one unwrap their gifts. Watching their faces light up is priceless. Especially when they turn to you and immediately ask you to open whatever toy it is because they have to play with it right. now. That’s when you know you’ve done good.

IMG_4297.JPG IMG_4298.JPG

Christmas Eve was full of great food, family and friends. Definitely one of my favorite days of the year. ๐Ÿ™‚

Time to head upstairs and crash hard before Santa comes.

Good Night!!!

1 Army Amy* December 24, 2011 at 11:54 pm

The matching PJ’s are too cute! Merry Christmas!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Lazy Bones

2 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 24, 2011 at 11:55 pm

So adorable! Merry Christmas!!
Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted..A Surprise Package

3 Sana December 25, 2011 at 12:17 am

You guys look super cute with the machingnesss <3
Sana recently posted..A Message from My Brother to Megan

4 wymberley December 25, 2011 at 12:42 am

Makes me miss our big Christmas in Colorado. its hard to be so far from family!
wymberley recently posted..Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments and A Little Christmas Deer

5 Allie December 25, 2011 at 12:54 am

Love the matching pj’s! So cute.
Allie recently posted..Adventure Park Fun

6 Liz December 25, 2011 at 5:25 am

I just love the family shots with the dogs & the last one of all of you in PJs ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh, and I spy a Cabbage Patch! Those were my favorite as a kid – no Barbies, please, just Cabbage Patch dolls. I was born in ’82, the year before they came out, and in ’83, my mom searched high & low at Christmas for one for me (everybody had to have one that years!)…but no luck. I had to make do with a homemade one from a seamstress and wait until she could find one. Anyhow, hope Santa is good to all of you & Merry Christmas!

7 Mary December 25, 2011 at 6:04 am

Brian saw your picture of everyone on FB and exclaimed

” I dont know who these people are but LOOK AT ALL THOSE DOGS! I love it!! ”

These are such good pictures of you guys, and the pups.

Merry Merry! I hope your day is filled with family, friends, cheer, and most importantly tank-tops and sunshine! ๐Ÿ™‚
Mary recently posted..Foodie Friday: Corn and Bean Salsa

8 Luna December 25, 2011 at 7:29 am

You and your family are gorgeous!!I love the pics and all the decorations, and the matching pajamas… It’s nice seeing Kelly “again” too, as her site look to be down or something (I can’t access anymore!)
Merry Christmas!!

9 Matteson@ Healthy High Schooler December 25, 2011 at 8:15 am

Awesome! Merry Christmas, Meghann!

10 mi-an d. December 25, 2011 at 8:39 am

Merry Christmas!!! i read your blog everyday….hardly comment but thought today i would greet you! love your family gathering!! i’m in ny this xmas and my fam is cali so im unable to see them… seeing ur pics with them makes me miss them…. enjoy your day!

11 Mary December 25, 2011 at 9:06 am

Merry Christmas to your family! Your pictures outside make me long for the warmth. Not much outdoor celebrating at Christmas in Michigan!

12 Cait's Plate December 25, 2011 at 11:05 am

LOVE the matching t-shirts ๐Ÿ™‚ And I LOVE your Christmas Eve outfit!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Merry Christmas!!

13 Courtney December 25, 2011 at 11:14 am

So cute! I’m jealous that you can all wear short sleeves outside in December! ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney recently posted..Chicago Trip!

14 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Such great pictures! Merry Christmas ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Jessica December 26, 2011 at 12:33 am

Love the doggie photos! I have five dogs (hazard of doing dog rescue)! It is hard to get them all in one picture.
Jessica recently posted..Tradition

16 Genna December 26, 2011 at 10:10 am

I just wanted to say how much I love all of your pictures? Do you use a special camera? I always seem to forget about pictures when I am places!!

17 Brittany December 26, 2011 at 10:45 am

Merry Christmas Meghann.

PS- Your hair looked adorable!
Brittany recently posted..Eat Clean Christmas Giveaway

18 Meghann December 26, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Thank you Brittany! Merry Christmas to you too! ๐Ÿ™‚

19 Reenie December 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Love all the pics with the doggies =) Love your dress/skirt too!

20 Heather December 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm

for the record: your family-full posts always bring such a big smile to my face!! xo
Heather recently posted..Tuesday, Monday*

21 Emily January 1, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I am loving the PJs. And all the food looks so great!
Emily recently posted..Happy New Year!