The New Felicitous

by Meghann on December 12, 2011

Back in April I stumbled upon the cutest little coffee shop about 15 minutes from my house called Felicitous.

It was love at first sight. They had great drinks, a great atmosphere, and tons of potential to be my #1 stop for work.

Then they closed. Boo.

Fortunately, the close was only temporary. Felicitous was able to find a more student friendly location right next to USF and moved earlier this fall. I was happy to hear my beloved coffee shop was not closed forever and had been dying to visit the new location since they opened.

Today just happened to be the day to make that wish come true.

I wasn’t sure it was possible, but the new location may be even cuter than the last one. It has a nice, relaxed hippie vibe that’s perfect for zoning out with your laptop and getting some work done.

I was tempted to try a fun latte, but the milk steamer was down for the count. Boo. Instead I just ordered a simple ice coffee with milk.

IMG_3108.jpg

Simple, but delicious. The iced coffee here is good. :)

Do you have a favorite local coffee shop? What about it keeps you coming back?

Lunch

My lunch today was the results of an empty fridge and my desperate need to go to the grocery store this afternoon.

I had one stalk of broccoli left that I sauteed in a small pan then added two scrambled eggs to.

The eggs weren’t enough to cover the broccoli and ended up being more of egg crumbles than anything else. Oh, well. I topped the broccoli/egg crumbles mix with some string cheese (classy) and salsa.

On the side I had a rice cake with the last of the hummus

And an applesauce.

Like I said, I really, really need to hit the grocery store. It’s priority #1 once I leave here.

Las Vegas Recaps

I meant to post this last week, but forgot. Oops. I posted recaps from around the blogosphere after the Augusta 70.3 and Savannah marathon and thought it would be fun to keep up the tradition so you can read everyone’s thoughts on the races.

Here’s a taste of RnR Las Vegas:

If you ran Las Vegas and want to add yours to the list leave me a comment below or email me at mealsandmiles@gmail.com :)

1 Lindsey December 12, 2011 at 2:36 pm

My favorite local coffee shop is called Cool Beans and it is a double decker bus that was renovated into a coffee shop! I love it :) Downstairs you order and upstairs has booths to sit and enjoy your treats.
Lindsey recently posted..The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!

2 Sana December 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm

:) I love going to work at coffee shops, except for when I have to go pee. I hate taking my stuff with me to the bathroom :(
Sana recently posted..White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

3 Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl December 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I think your empty the fridge meal looks great!
I don’t live in an area that has cute coffee shops close by. It’s just me, Starbucks, and my iced coffee. :)
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..Xen Strength Yoga ROCKS! [Review + Giveaway]

4 Gillian December 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I have a favorite coffee shop too! My favorite is extremely comfortable, the coffee is delicious, and I love their bakery stuff. Plus, it’s my place to find chocolate covered espresso beans :)
Gillian recently posted..First post :)

5 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. December 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm

My favorite local coffee shop is called The Sparrows – it’s a bit of a hipster vibe, super laid back, and great coffee. LOVE it.
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..kiva.

6 Emily G. @ From My Messy Desk December 12, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Have you tried cold brewing coffee to make your own iced coffee? I’ll be honest and say I prefer the homemade stuff over Starbucks anyyyday – and the money I save makes me happy, too!

I use a 3:4 cup coffee/water ratio. Mix the coffee and water really well and let it sit for a minimum of 8 hours. After those 8 hours, get a mesh strainer and line with paper towels and pour the mix in. This will make the coffee concentrate. When the grounds are free of liquid, measure them out in another bowl and repeat the process (this is optional but you get more bang for your buck!). There is a step by step on my blog, but I don’t like the free plugs.

I know you buy these while you’re out bc you’re using the WIFI free but it’s just a thought if you ever wanted to make them at home.
Emily G. @ From My Messy Desk recently posted..Weekly Meal Plan 12/11/11-12/17/2011

7 Meghann December 12, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for the tips! Generally Derek just brews a pot of coffee at the beginning of the week and sticks it in the fridge for our version of iced coffee, but I rarely drink coffee at home. I only get it when I work at coffee shops (or am out and about) because sometimes I just need to get out of the house to work. :)

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 12, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I love a cute sandwich shop too!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..No Bad Foods

9 Sarah December 12, 2011 at 4:07 pm

What a cute coffee shop, something about the colors really screams FL to me! I love Ink! which is a coffee shop chain here in CO with limited locations. They roast the coffee in Aspen and have really fun combinations – like the White Caramel…it’s white chocolate powder, milk of choice, espresso and caramel. Definitely a once in a while treat, but soooo good.
Sarah recently posted..Sunday Savings

10 Emily December 12, 2011 at 4:19 pm

My favorite local shop is called coffee please. I am just a black coffee drinker, but they have the best flavors! They also carry Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream which is AMAZING! (some whole foods have it, check it out!)
Emily recently posted..After being away…

11 Hillary December 12, 2011 at 4:47 pm

There was a coffee shop back in my college town that I went to at least 3-4 times a week. It’s where I wrote all my best papers, where my boyfriend and I had our first “real” date, and where my friends and I hung out all the time. It was warm, cozy, inviting, and they made a damn good cup of coffee ; )
Hillary recently posted..Notes From The Week

12 Cait's Plate December 12, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Oh my gosh that place is SO cute. I love little coffeeshops like that so much more than the bigger chains.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Oats & Yogurt

13 Jeff December 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Tamara and I love local coffee shops and make a point to find one everywhere we go! Thanks for sharing! We enjoy your blog and appreciate that you listed us in your RnR Vegas recap section! Thanks and Good Eats and Happy Running!

Jeff & Tamara
Jeff recently posted..Jeff’s Post – The 5k – Not My Favorite!

14 Jessica December 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

My favorite local coffe shop in the Mt. Lookout area of Cincinnait it Lookout Joe. I loves it’s cozy atmosphere and different selections of drinks. Yum!
Jessica recently posted..Holy Hummus Batman!

15 Army Amy* December 12, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I wish there was a cute place like that where I live!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Long Distance Marriage

16 Stephanie December 12, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for linking lady :) the shop looks great :) I am so jealous of Florida weather right now lol

17 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I wish I had a cute local coffe shop like that near me. I just get my coffee at Dunkin donuts – I can’t help it, I love DD coffee!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Cookie Swap – Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

18 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona December 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

My favorite coffee place when I was in university was The Ugly Mug. They had a wall showcasing a collection of ugly mugs. Some of them were pretty horrible.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Lunch

19 Phyllin' Phat December 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm

OH WOW!!! Thanks for the shout out!!!!!!!!!!
Phyllin’ Phat recently posted..Hitting the Big Time

20 Maureen December 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I love local coffee shops, but the only drive through one where I live is Starbucks {which I love, but I like to support the local community when I can}.
Maureen recently posted..Christmas In The City

21 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I love independent coffee shops! They have such a fun vibe and make studying much more interesting
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Guest Post: Laura’s Homemade Chocolates!

22 Jess @ Blonde Ponytail December 12, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Thank you for the linkage! I like your idea of sharing other runner’s reports! I have to say you make food look dreamy…your healthy plates are mouth watering! Why have I taken so long to visit?!
Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..Monday Moves: A Tabata Workout for You

23 Jessica December 13, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Aw I am so glad to hear this. I went to the one in Lutz and was sad when they closed too. I didn’t realize they moved near USF. I might have to go SOON!
Jessica recently posted..Why I don’t run well with others

24 Whitney December 14, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I love finding new coffee shops, my coffee taste is a wide range so I love trying different brews. I have one favorite that’s 10 blocks from my apartment but sadly it’s more of a to-go place. When I’m visiting somewhere one of my favorite things is checking out the local coffee stops.
Whitney recently posted..Friday Favorites: 12.9