It was love at first sight. They had great drinks, a great atmosphere, and tons of potential to be my #1 stop for work.
Then they closed. Boo.
Fortunately, the close was only temporary. Felicitous was able to find a more student friendly location right next to USF and moved earlier this fall. I was happy to hear my beloved coffee shop was not closed forever and had been dying to visit the new location since they opened.
Today just happened to be the day to make that wish come true.
I wasn’t sure it was possible, but the new location may be even cuter than the last one. It has a nice, relaxed hippie vibe that’s perfect for zoning out with your laptop and getting some work done.
I was tempted to try a fun latte, but the milk steamer was down for the count. Boo. Instead I just ordered a simple ice coffee with milk.
Simple, but delicious. The iced coffee here is good.
Do you have a favorite local coffee shop? What about it keeps you coming back?
My lunch today was the results of an empty fridge and my desperate need to go to the grocery store this afternoon.
I had one stalk of broccoli left that I sauteed in a small pan then added two scrambled eggs to.
The eggs weren’t enough to cover the broccoli and ended up being more of egg crumbles than anything else. Oh, well. I topped the broccoli/egg crumbles mix with some string cheese (classy) and salsa.
On the side I had a rice cake with the last of the hummus
And an applesauce.
Like I said, I really, really need to hit the grocery store. It’s priority #1 once I leave here.
Las Vegas Recaps
I meant to post this last week, but forgot. Oops. I posted recaps from around the blogosphere after the Augusta 70.3 and Savannah marathon and thought it would be fun to keep up the tradition so you can read everyone’s thoughts on the races.
Here’s a taste of RnR Las Vegas:
- Skinny Runner: Rock ‘n’ Roll Vegas Race Recap
- Runner’s Rambles: Race Report: 2011 Rock ‘N Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon
- eri-thon: Las Vegas Marathon Race Report
- Wendy (from About.com Walking): Las Vegas Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Review – Strip at Night 2011
- Delicious Ambiguity: Vegas – Running With Team Challenge
- werrunners: Jeff’s Post – Rock N Roll Las Vegas ½ Marathon Review – A Tale of Two Races! and Tamara’s Post – RnR Vegas Race Review…Been There, Ran That!
- Blonde Ponytail: RNR Las Vegas: The Race Report
- Run for Fun: A PR is a PR for a Reason
- Phyllin’ Phat: It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times (Part 2)
- fANNEtastic Food: Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas
- RunEatRepeat: Rock N Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon ’11
- Eat:Watch:Run: Race Review: Las Vegas Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon
- Fitness, Food, Fulfilled: 13 Weeks, 13 Miles – Las Vegas RnR Race Recap
- F.A.B. Running: Race Report: RnRLV aka FlopAtNight
- Cynthia’s Adventures: Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas
If you ran Las Vegas and want to add yours to the list leave me a comment below or email me at email@example.com