Baby’s First Visit To Disney!

by Meghann on December 11, 2011

Disney just got a whole lot more fun today!

We gave Derek’s brother, his girlfriend, and their adorable 6 month old daughter an early christmas present and took them to the Magic Kingdom for the day. We. Had. A. Blast. Seriously. Who knew Walt Disney World with a baby would be so much fun? 😉

Marley was able to go on the majority of the rides, she was never fussy, and just had a blast going from one set of arms to another or just chilling in her stroller. She was an angel and I want to take her back tomorrow. And the day after that. And the next day after that. You know, when ever her mom or dad will let me. 😉

Plus, I know Derek enjoyed figuring out what Disney with an infant was like.

322228_10101265845217883_5207154_73528231_755091131_o.jpg

A glimpse into the future? Ha!

We left for Disney early this morning and made a quick pit stop in Lakeland to have breakfast with the grandparents at Cracker Barrel.

The Wholesome Morning Sampler instantly spoke to me as something that would fill me up without bringing me down for our long day ahead at Disney World.

Scrambled eggs and extra crispy bacon

A small yogurt parfait with granola and pineapple and an apple bran muffin that I ate half of.

Perfect.

With full bellies we were ready to go!

The plan for the day was simple – take a boatload of photos and let Marley experience as much of Disney as possible. I was actually surprised how many rides had no age limits or height restrictions. Basically every ride that didn’t resemble a roller coaster was fair game (i.e. Rachel and I had to sit out with Marley while the boys rode Space Mountain, but she rode everything else).

IMG_2963.jpg IMG_2970.JPG

Marley rode both the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, but her absolute favorite was Winnie the Pooh.

She loved the gentle ride and bright colors, especially when the neon orange Tigger popped out of nowhere. She loved him so much that she had no problem talking her daddy into a post-ride Tigger souvenir.

IMG_3067.jpg

She wouldn’t give Tigger up the rest of the day. They were a match made in Disney heaven. 🙂

We broke for lunch in Fantasyland and I ordered the Mediterranean Salad with olives, chicken, cheese, peppers, and red onions.

It wasn’t the best meal I’ve ever had in Disney, but it got the job done.

IMG_2957.jpg IMG_3004.jpg

After exploring all we could explore, the group ended our day with mine and Derek’s favorite Disney treat at Main Street Bakery.

Derek and I had been talking up the AMAZING ice cream sandwiches at The Main Street Bakery so much, that we couldn’t imagine leaving without one. They really are our favorite thing to get at Disney World.

First you select your cookies.

Derek and I asked for one sugar cookie and one chocolate chip.

Then they pile one cookie high with two generous scoops of vanilla ice cream.

Next they add the other cookie and squish it all together.

IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3035.JPG IMG_3036.JPG IMG_3037.JPG

Finally, you end up with the world’s most perfect ice cream sandwich.

There are no words for how much we all enjoyed this. No words.

IMG_3044.JPG IMG_3046.JPG

After that, it was time to head home.

Some were more worn out than others.

IMG_3076.jpg

Not going to lie, I crashed in the car before we even got off of Disney’s property. Marley wore us out. I know I’ll be sleeping good tonight and I’m sure Marley will be too.

When we finally made it back to Tampa I made a really easy dinner with what we had on hand.

A warm salad similar to the one I made on Friday with sauteed zucchini, carrots, and green beans, spinach, hummus, and walnuts. And a rice cake with peanut butter and pumpkin spice. I’m not saying the dinner made any sense, but it still tasted good. 🙂

Derek is sleeping on the couch. I think I might join him.

Good Night!

1 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 11, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Oh FUN!! Anything is more crazy fun with a baby. Hah.

I totally love ice cream sandwiches and those look AH-mazing. Delish.

Love the pic of you and Derek in front of the tree-cute!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On : Reverse Fly

2 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 11, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Aw what a fun day! Main Street Bakery is the best!

Was the park super crowded? I really want to go down there next week or the week after for a day or two to celebrate my graduation! 🙂 Yeah, I know I’ll be down there in January for the half marathon, but you can never have too much Disney! 😉
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..WDW Half- Marathon Training: Week 4

3 Meghann December 11, 2011 at 10:16 pm

It wasn’t bad. This weekend is usually the calm before the storm, that’s why the black out period for our passes start tomorrow.

4 wymberley December 11, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I am a firm believer in a baby in arms or walking hand in hand. NO TODDLERS at Disney. Talk about a headache. I can say this because two sleeping hand holders made it through The World and I wouldn’t do it any other way.
wymberley recently posted..A Weigh A Day for December: Weigh 9 Thoughts

5 Sana December 11, 2011 at 10:13 pm

i just told the boy that we HAVE to go to Disney! Looks like so much fun!!
Sana recently posted..Festive Pretzel Sticks {VIDEO}

6 emily December 11, 2011 at 10:26 pm

The pictures of you and Dereck stuffing in ice-cream sandwich are actually really really cute! It’d be fun to frame those side by side 😉
emily recently posted..Not My Birthday

7 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 11, 2011 at 10:34 pm

That baby is SUCH a muffin. Sho cute. And in all seriousness, I don’t know why I’ve never considered making my own ice cream sandwiches. Just squoosh ’em. Le duh.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Comment on Greek Men + Prose-spiration. by Michaela

8 Laura December 11, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Love your shirt! Does it have sequins on it? All of your outfits recently have looked great.

9 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner December 11, 2011 at 11:03 pm

OMG, you just made me so excited to take my little one to DisneyLAND this summer! We were afraid it’d be really boring with her, but now that I know she can ride some rides, she will have a blast!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..rockin’ it

10 Amy December 11, 2011 at 11:13 pm

We took our younger son to Disneyland when he was about 9 months-it was the PERFECT age. He was able to enjoy everything, but still content in his stroller or carrier. Glad you all had fun in the warmth-especially since i shovelled snow twice today.

11 Army Amy* December 11, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Omg! That ice cream sandwich is bananas! I want one!*
Army Amy* recently posted..NYD Training: T-Minus 3 Weeks

12 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 11, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Every time you guys go to Disney I get really nostalgic and want to go! I can’t believe I lived in FL, 2 hours away from it and never went!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Cranberry almond biscotti & a tree!

13 michelle December 11, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I really like the picture of you two in front of the Christmas tree.
michelle recently posted..12 Dates of Christmas–Date #6 (Mannheim Christmas Market)

14 Chuck December 12, 2011 at 1:25 am

How is the whole Christmas “festival”? Is it as magical as I’m hoping?
Chuck recently posted..‘Tis the season for giving

15 Christina @ Just Running December 12, 2011 at 1:36 am

Your boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend’s back and your boyfriend’s brother’s baby’s back are now famous!!!

16 Krystina December 12, 2011 at 1:55 am

Um, now I have to go to Magic Kingdom to get an ice cream sandwich like…tomorrow.
Krystina recently posted..Holiday Moment

17 erica December 12, 2011 at 3:06 am

omg the ice cream sandwich is the one thing i really wanted but never got a chance to try when i went to disney! it looks so good!
erica recently posted..the holidays…bring it on!

18 Shannon December 12, 2011 at 4:26 am

Makes me sleepy just looking at your day in Disney with Marley….or maybe I’m sleepy because it is 430am and I am pulling an all nighter studying for finals. My first trip to Disney was at 6 months, I sadly do not remember, but apparently it was a great time had by all and we have been back multiple times a year since!
Shannon recently posted..Mission Accomplished

19 Emily December 12, 2011 at 8:05 am

Looks like Marley had a GREAT first trip to Disney!
Emily recently posted..New Plan = New ‘do

20 Sarah December 12, 2011 at 8:10 am

So awesome you guys can just go to disney world on a whim! Looks like you all had fun. That ice cream sandwich looks beyond amazing!
Sarah recently posted..No Stress Challenge

21 Cait's Plate December 12, 2011 at 8:58 am

Oh my gosh that chipwich looks INcredible!! I’m so jealous how easy it is for you to get to Disney!! Also – Derek looks like a natural with the baby (just sayin’ 😉 )

22 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine December 12, 2011 at 10:10 am

Aw, looks like such a fun day. 🙂 You guys had a very festive weekend!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Holiday Gift Giving Ideas

23 colleen December 12, 2011 at 10:55 am

Looks like a fabulous day. We are heading down to WDW next week for 7 days – yes in time for the holiday rush, but it was the only time that worked for us. Can’t wait to see the reaction and excitement on my kids faces – 8, 6, and soon to be 3.

24 Meghann December 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

Good luck! It’s not so bad! If you’re going for 7 days, I would suggest visiting Santa in Downtown Disney and checking out the gingerbread displays at the Grand Floridean , Contemporary, Swan and Dolphin, The Yacht Club, and the Boardwalk. There’s actually a ton of stuff to do at Disney during the holidays for when the lines get too crazy. 🙂

25 Colleen December 12, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Thanks for the info! Will add it to my list.

26 Courtney December 12, 2011 at 10:59 am

What a fun day! The ice cream sandwich looks delicious!
Courtney recently posted..Relaxing Sunday

27 Rachel December 12, 2011 at 11:10 am

Meghann, honestly… I wouldn’t be so up front about your desire to get married/have children. I can sympathize with you for sure, but it sure does put a lot of unfair pressure on Derek. Maybe Derek doesn’t read the blog, but I’m sure many people that you come into contact with on a daily basis do. The best things happen when you least expect them!

28 Meghann December 12, 2011 at 11:27 am

I promise that Derek and I have had this talk many times and we both feel we’re not ready for kids just yet. They’re fun to play with (Derek claims he needs his fill of ‘Marley time’ on a weekly basis and heads over to play with her more often than I do), but it’s also fun to come home from a long day and just be the two of us. There is no pressure here between either of us. We just had an amazing day at Disney spoiling Marley and enjoy the roles of fun Uncle Derek and Aunt Meghann just fine.

29 Kate December 12, 2011 at 11:35 am

This is totally random, but I saw a couple in the Whole Foods parking lot yesterday that looked like you and Derek and I thought – oh, maybe they’re randomly in Virginia! and I was trying to decide if I would go introduce myself but then I saw the girl was carrying an infant carrier and knew I was mistaken. This post just reminded me of that, haha!
Kate recently posted..The Baby Story

30 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 12, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Tigger is one of my favorites!!! And those cookie sanwhiches? You’re right, no words.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Guest Post: Laura’s Homemade Chocolates!

31 Allison December 12, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Holy JUMBO cookie- I want one of those!
Allison recently posted..Do, Did, Do, Done