Party with the Fishies

by Meghann on December 10, 2011

Last night Derek and I attended his company’s christmas party at The Florida Aquarium.

IMG_2814.jpg

It was a beautiful venue with lots of cool sights to see, good drinks to drinks, good food to eat, and a great band to dance the night away with. We had a blast! πŸ™‚

IMG_2798.JPG IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG IMG_2832.JPG

We were out late and crashed hard when we got home.

Good times. Good times. πŸ™‚

This morning I snoozed until 7:30, then went for an 8 mile run near my house.

The first mile was rough. My legs were still sore from yesterday’s strength training session and an extended night in heels, not cool. After that mile, my legs lost the brick feeling and began to feel normal. My pace picked up and I finished in 1:13:13 with an average of 9:00 min/mi.

I had an almost-gone jar of peanut butter waiting for me at home. I meant to make a batch of overnight oats in a jar before I went to bed last night, but totally forgot. Instead I made a batch right when I got back from my run, put it back in the fridge, showered, and just swapped out the overnight part for 30-minutes.

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • greek yogurt
  • milk
  • chia seeds
  • last bit of peanut butter in the jar
  • cinnamon
  • raisins

On top:

• apple
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin spice granola

Not quite as thick and creamy as the overnight version, but it still worked. The oats soaked up all the liquid and all the flavors were still there. Yum.

It’s a wet and rainy day today. Boo.

Perfect day to have no plans, wouldn’t you say?

Happy Saturday everyone!

1 MaryBe@Accidentally-Vegan December 10, 2011 at 11:09 am

What a great place for a party. Love the penguins. And your dress!!
MaryBe@Accidentally-Vegan recently posted..Groaning,But Not Moaning, Table

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 10, 2011 at 11:09 am

Lol my plans are my first final. But I love parties at aquariums! My sorority had our semi formal at the SC aquarium one year!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Becoming an RD – Guest Post!

3 Chloe (In Fine Feather) December 10, 2011 at 11:12 am

I love aquariums, and think hosting a party there is a great idea! The ambience is so great in aquariums.
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Goals for the Holidays

4 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City December 10, 2011 at 11:29 am

I love the idea of having a party in an aquarium- so cool! I also love your dress, very cute πŸ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Christmas in Africa

5 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine December 10, 2011 at 11:31 am

You guys look great! Looks like a fun party. πŸ™‚
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Holiday Gift Giving Ideas

6 Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 10, 2011 at 11:36 am

What a cool place for a party! Those poor little penguins though…I would have taken them! haha
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on BT: Cassowary by Living, Learning, Eating

7 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 10, 2011 at 11:50 am

How cool to have a party at the aquarium – it looks beautiful!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Gender Specific Toys

8 Corey @ Learning Patience December 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm

How fun…party at the aquriaum sounds awesome! I absoultely LOVE you’re silly picture! Those always are the best to look back on!

You guys make such a adorable couple!
xoxo from Trinidad

9 Cara December 10, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Looks like a fun night! πŸ™‚
I love your dress! Where did you get it?!
Cara recently posted..Wonderful Time of the Year!

10 Meghann December 12, 2011 at 10:55 am

Thanks! It’s from The Loft!

11 Koko @ Koko Likes December 13, 2011 at 10:26 pm

A recent purchase??? I kind of want to get it!!
Koko @ Koko Likes recently posted..And He’s Gone…

12 Rachael December 10, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I am hoping you can tell me that those poor penguins where not in that little glass show case to be petted by a lot of people all enjoying a Christmas drink. That seems awfully cruel if it is the case!

13 Meghann December 12, 2011 at 10:56 am

The penguins weren’t petted at all. They were just brought out for 30 minutes for photos, but stayed in their glass covered wagon the entire time. The aquarium staff was very protective and made sure nothing happened to them.

14 Sana December 10, 2011 at 1:57 pm

πŸ™‚ You and Derek look great!

15 Mary December 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm

That party looks like fun! I like hot oats in my almost empty nut butter jars. The nut butter gets all melty – YUM!

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 10, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Oh that party looks awesome! I want to go to a fun party soon too πŸ™‚

Nice job on the run!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On : Reverse Fly

17 Alaina December 10, 2011 at 4:36 pm

That looks like such a fun party! I would have hung out with the penguins all night. πŸ˜›

18 Janine @The Purple Giraffe December 10, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Okay, the aquarium really missed an opportunity here with the drinks. Blue Hawaii’s in a fish bowl with swedish fish and nerds in the bottom!? Yep. You’re welcome.
Janine @The Purple Giraffe recently posted..and FIIIINDING a Christmas tree!

19 Meghann December 12, 2011 at 10:57 am

I know! I’m surprised they didn’t have any fun themed drinks.

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 10, 2011 at 6:59 pm

What a unique place for a party! My senior prom was at an aquarium- it was fun πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Week Long Ironman Challenge

21 Shannon December 10, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Looks like a blast. Highlight of the party from what I saw in your pictures….the penguins…I would totally have gotten a good buzz then played with them. I’d be that embarrassing girlfriend that no one wanted to own up to being with…
Shannon recently posted..Mission Accomplished

22 Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 10, 2011 at 10:26 pm

That looks like so much fun! I’ve heard of people reserving aquariums for parties before but have never had one of my friends do so or anything. Maybe I’ll just have to do it someday. πŸ˜‰

23 Cheryl December 10, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Good to know that you can speed up “overnight” oats. I am still not really convinced that they are any good (GASP!), but I’ve yet to try them in a jar SO I have a feeling that peanut butter is going to come to the rescue…and I’m just a spoonful (or fingerful) or two away from having a jar to make ’em in!
Cheryl recently posted..Studying vs. figuring stuff out…

24 Orla December 11, 2011 at 3:03 am

I have to agree with Rachael with regards to penguins. I think it is so wrong to have the penguins out as entertainment for people. I 100% accept that hiring out for parties is a great way for the aquarium to make extra money but giving so many people direct access like that to animals that are so small is wrong.

25 Meghann December 12, 2011 at 10:58 am

No one was petting the penguins. They were just out for 30 minutes tops with two members of the aquarium staff by the cart to protect them and answer any questions anyone had.

26 Orla December 12, 2011 at 11:12 am

Fair enough – a good way to get peoples interest and educate them I suppose. I was a little horrified at the thought of the poor mites out for the entire event. Thanks for clearing that up.
Orla recently posted..Review – Really Good Organic Coffee from Cafe de Cuba

27 Katy Widrick December 11, 2011 at 10:17 am

GORGEOUS dress.
Katy Widrick recently posted..Five for Friday

28 LizP December 11, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Those poor penguins! Cool concept to be at an aquarium…but penguins are not pets and I doubt they were happy to be surrounded by drunk people…..

29 Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland December 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

My company Christmas party was on Friday too. Although we didn’t have adorable penguins. I’m borderline obsessed with penguins!
Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland recently posted..My Apologies