Chilled

by Meghann on December 7, 2011

GOOOOODDDD MORNNINGGGGG!!!!!!

It’s BEAUTIFUL outside! Perfect running weather for an early morning tempo run. I did a total of 6 miles with a goal of 8:10/mi 3 mile tempo in the middle. My legs were still a bit sore from yesterday’s introduction to NROLFW 5A, so I was only able to average 8:20 on the tempo portion. Eh. Not the best, but not the worst either.

6 miles. 53:12. 8:47/mi

I returned from my run feeling warm and thought I could finally get away with making the pumpkin smoothie I had been craving for a while.

In the blender:

• plain yogurt
  • milk
  • ice
  • pumpkin
  • pumpkin spice
  • vanilla extract
  • honey peanut butter
  • graham cracker <– couldn’t taste it :(

Big mistake. It tasted good, but it instantly chilled me. I had to drink the smoothie curled up with two blankets while simultaneously sipping on hot tea. Brrr….

IMG_2707.jpg

On the side, I heated up one of the chocolate Van’s Muffin Crowns. I love how chewy and rich these babies are.

Time for work!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 7, 2011 at 10:04 am

LOL I had a smoothie this morning too and totally drank it under a blanket! There’s snow on the ground but I just can’t give them up!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Recap: Try Something New Tuesday 86

2 Army Amy* December 7, 2011 at 10:16 am

That smoothie looks good, but I’m getting cold just thinking about it!*
Army Amy* recently posted..DWRM Race Recap

3 wymberley December 7, 2011 at 10:29 am

Have you tried my butterfinger smoothie recipe? It is amazing! come visit and take a look.
wymberley recently posted..Southwest Butternut Squash Soup For A Cold Fall Day: Recipe Included!

4 Mary @ food and fun on the run December 7, 2011 at 10:41 am

I haven’t put peanut butter in my pumpkin smoothie yet. Hmmm, sounds like a good addition :) I’ll throw a banana in mine every once in a while to get some fruit in there too!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..The Next Challenge

5 Cait's Plate December 7, 2011 at 10:44 am

Bummer you couldn’t taste the graham cracker but that smoothie combo still sounds AMAZING!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Four Ingredient Fix

6 Corey @ Learning Patience December 7, 2011 at 10:49 am

Oh…I so miss those runs in that weather…they are my favorite!
Enjoy!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..WIAW and an AWESOME giveaway

7 kathleen @ the daily crumb December 7, 2011 at 11:19 am

i just bought a costco sized box of chocolate vita tops.. oh emm gee. so delicious!! i can’t even believe they are remotely healthy!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..sweet potato molasses muffins.

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 7, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Hah. Yep, pretty much have not been drinking smoothies for that reason–way too cold! all i want is tea and eggs. Hah.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Treadmill HIIT Workout #1

9 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Yea, I’ve officially nixed smoothies now that it’s getting below freezing! Just too cold.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAW – Finals Style

10 Tracy December 7, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Smoothies don’t have to be freezing! Don’t add ice next time. If I’m really cold, I’ll sometimes put my smoothie in the microwave on defrost setting just to take the edge off. Also, a chocolate smoothie is actually good warm. It’s like a thick hot cocoa!