Make it stop!

by Meghann on December 6, 2011

Ahhh….. make it stop! make it stop! make it stop!

We’re having work done on our rooftop and it has been nothing but constant nailing, banging, loud conversations, and the stale smell of cigarette smoke seeping through the vents all day. Poor Maddie doesn’t know what to do with herself. Every 10-15 minutes, she’ll go from being very quiet and shaking one minute to up on all fours and barking her little heart out the next. She usually sleeps all morning, but I’m not sure she’s closed her eyes once since the work began around 9:00.

There are also random tacks on the ground outside that I discovered in a not-so-pleasing way this morning. I’ve been wearing extra thick soled shoes to take Maddie out and have had to carry her through the problem areas.

I’m thinking about heading to a coffee shop this afternoon for a little peace and quiet and taking Maddie with me. The weather is just nice enough to work outside, as long as Maddie has no problem sleeping on shaded cement. At this point I believe anything will be better than the banging. I’m about to take Maddie’s cue and start barking at them too, all the banging is guiding me to the crazy side.

Blah.

Anyways….

Last night’s rotisserie chicken leftovers became the base for a delicious chicken salad wrap for lunch.

Chicken Salad:

• leftover chicken
  • plain yogurt
  • dijon mustard
  • fresh dill
  • olives
  • salt and pepper

A side of carrots and hummus to finish the plate.

Pretty much identical to my pre-plane meal on Friday, obviously I thought it was good. :)

And Maddie just started barking again.

Coffee shop, here I come.

1 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 6, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Haha. I can relate. I’m sitting in an airport with a SCREAMING child behind me now for the past 20 minutes straight. I’m at the point where I would like to start screaming too. Don’t you wish that was just socially acceptable? I’m sure the construction guys would get a kick out of you barking at them! ;)

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 6, 2011 at 2:25 pm

For an entire semester my freshman year of college there was constant banging from construction next to where a lot of my classes were. It got so loud my calculus teacher would just have to stop talking and wait for it to stop !

3 RunEatRepeat December 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm

You need doggie ear covers for her :)

4 Amanda December 6, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Maddie looks pretty pissed in that picture. haha

Sorry you have to deal with all of the construction noise. I know what that’s like – the building across the street from me was doing renovations for almost 2 months!

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Yikes–I hate the smell of smoke!

Good luck with the coffee shop –I love working outside, so nice!

Yummy lunch–looks delicious!

6 Chloe (In Fine Feather) December 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Construction can definitely be annoying, and I hate smelling smoke anywhere, especially my own house.
Sounds like you & Maddy need a girls day out!

7 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 6, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Yum – I love anything with dill! I had carrots and hummus for lunch today too – it’s my fav!

8 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine December 6, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Poor thing–both of you!! That is super annoying. Coffee shops are always fun to work at anyway. :)

9 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 6, 2011 at 3:13 pm

ugh they were doing some work near my office the other day – and yes – it drove me CRAZY!!!

10 erica December 6, 2011 at 3:20 pm

argh. i hate construction noises (and smells)
electric drill sounds sends my dog into a crazy tizzy!
good idea about getting out of the house!!! :)
poor little maddie.

11 Karen December 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm

You can always bring a doggie bed with you to the coffee shop too! Embarrassing as all hell but worth it!! (Been there, done that!!)

12 Marissa Elliot December 6, 2011 at 7:39 pm

okay girl you really need to up your calories!!!! You are going to get injured or sick! I say this with genuine concern.

13 Cheryl December 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Your lunch looks so good. I just so happen to have the ingredients, so I’m going to totally copy you tomorrow.

14 Coco December 7, 2011 at 6:59 am

Aww Poor Maddi! At least it usually doesn’t take more more than a few days to get that type of work done.. Stay sane!