more ยป" />

All Packed

by Meghann on December 2, 2011

Guess what? It’s almost Vegas time!

Being the procrastinator that I am, this of course meant my bag wasn’t even halfway packed when I woke up this morning. Fail. Why does it always seem like a good idea to wait and pack at the last minute?

I told myself I had 30 minutes to run, then I wasn’t allowed to eat, shower, blog, or check email until I had at least a semi-full bag of clothes waiting for me. I know me and I know that once I had showered, ate, and sat in front of my computer that hours could potentially drift by in the blink of an eye. Not good.

The plan worked great. I set out for a 3 mile loop, ended up back at my door with time to spare (4 minutes and 15 seconds to be exact ;) ), and had my clothes picked out before Derek even crawled out of bed for work. Success!

The weather forecast looks a bit chilly, so I’m going with an assortment of layers and boots mixed with a couple of ‘let’s go dancing in Vegas’ dresses. I’m crossing my fingers I can get one more use out of my stand-by glitter New Year’s dress. ;)

After packing and showering, the last quarter of a can of pumpkin was waiting for me in the fridge begging to be turned into something delicious.

I mixed the pumpkin with some plain yogurt, pumpkin butter, and peanut butter; then topped the mix with Cinnamon Life Cereal, an apple, and a small handful of pumpkin spice granola.

Breakfast perfection.

We had to break out Maddie’s sweater yesterday. The poor thing was shivering while keeping Derek company in the office. A true Florida dog through and through.

How does your dog react to the cold weather? Do they need to be bundled up (you should have seen Maddie tucked under the blanket this morning) or can they brave it with the best of them?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life December 2, 2011 at 10:03 am

Have a safe trip, Meghann!

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 2, 2011 at 10:05 am

When we first moved from Florida to NY our dog wouldn’t even go outside under 40 degrees. She’d stay by the door and just look at us all pathetic. Now she loves the snow!

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 2, 2011 at 10:06 am

Aw Maddie looks adorable! And very exciting about Vegas.. I’ve never been but would love to one day! Safe travels!

4 Mary @ food and fun on the run December 2, 2011 at 10:09 am

Such a cute vest!

My dog is pretty good with the cold. We have been noticing quite a bit of dog hair on the couch though when we are not home. She has been snuggling on the couch when we are gone – can’t really blame her! It has to be warmer than the floor!

5 kathleen @ the daily crumb December 2, 2011 at 10:21 am

have a safe trip!!

we have to bundle up our puppy in this cold chicago weather… she is so skinny and gets so cold!

6 Army Amy* December 2, 2011 at 10:28 am

My dog loves cold weather! But he’s 60 pounds and hairy!*

7 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com December 2, 2011 at 10:33 am

Poor Maggie! My doxie always gets cold in the winter, too! But he has an aversion to all clothes so he usually just find some warm blankets to burrow in. :)

Love your bowl of morning goodness!

8 alice December 2, 2011 at 10:44 am

my pup will come and cuddle in the blankets with me when she’s cold! but whenever she has the opportunity to go outside, she’ll go no matter how cold it is :) that’s my girl

9 Heather December 2, 2011 at 10:44 am

my little toy poodle babies wear sweaters all winter long. They like to curl up under blankets and sit by the fire!

10 alice December 2, 2011 at 10:45 am

my pup will come snuggle with me in blankets when she’s cold! but whenever she has the opportunity to go outside, she’ll go no matter how cold it is :) that’s my baby <3

11 Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 2, 2011 at 10:49 am

Have fun and good luck! I know you will kill it though. :)

12 Amanda December 2, 2011 at 10:52 am

My dog likes to be bundled up, but she also loves to run through the snow. It’s pretty funny to watch when it’s deep and she has to hop to get through it. :)

13 LeeAnn December 2, 2011 at 10:57 am

I love in Colorado where it was a balmy 8 degrees this morning. I have a super short haired dog (Vizsla) and he enjoys wearing MY clothes. His favorite is a puffy blue vest. Nice to know that I wear the same size as my dog! He also likes to be held like a kid on my hip-he weighs 60 pounds :-/ Have a blast in Vegas!

14 Amanda December 2, 2011 at 11:13 am

My pups (both bigger than Maddie) do pretty well in the cold MI winter, though one would crawl INTO the heating vent when it was on if she could. Instead, she comes running when it kicks on and just curls up right in front of it. The other one will run after snowballs.

15 Courtney December 2, 2011 at 11:17 am

My dog loves the cold. She runs around like a crazy person; she’s also a Lab Pit, though, not a small dog.

16 Megan @ bump on a log learns to jog December 2, 2011 at 11:19 am

My puggle Champ is pretty good with the cold but he hates the rain. I literally have to drag him out the door so that he will go to the bathroom! Have fun in Vegas!

17 Carly December 2, 2011 at 11:21 am

My dog is a big (BIG) labrador, so he doesn’t get cold (that we can tell). We tried to find him a vest for snowy days, but he’s so broad the only ones were XL-XXL and since we can’t find them locally we just haven’t bothered yet.

I wish we could get him to wear little booties though…he gets so pathetic and upset when salt and ice get on his paws.

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 2, 2011 at 11:23 am

Have fun!!! I always wait til the last second too….. :)

19 Laura December 2, 2011 at 11:34 am

My JRT can brave the cold as long as he’s moving. Walks are no problem, but if he’s just sitting he shakes like crazy. Our Chih/Dach definitely needs a sweater, but the husband is saying no. I think I’m going to have to invoke Dog-Mom Law on this one. Or just buy it without telling him.

20 Hannah (Running In Freedom) December 2, 2011 at 11:54 am

I think its a Jack Russell thing too, my little girl had to get a sweater because she was shivering! Good luck in vegas!!

21 Samantha December 2, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I am so sad! The weather here (Vegas) has been SO NICE the last couple of weeks! In the 70s and not a cloud in the sky! Then Wednesday night they took a turn for the worse…horrible wind and now the last 2 days just cold cold cold and rain! Hopefully it gets better by Sunday! Especially since the marathon is at night!

Good luck! The family I babysit for, both of the parents are going to be running too!

22 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 2, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Poor little Maddie!!! So precious!

23 Cat @Breakfast to Bed December 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I think my akita would do nothing but bitch-pun intended in the FL heat. She’s a snow angel.

24 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 2, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I definitely put a blanket over Charlie every night before he goes to bed. I’m nutzo.

25 Kara December 2, 2011 at 12:45 pm

4 minuets huh? How long is that exactly? I haven’t played violin in quite a few years, but I think it varies. :)

26 Ari @ Ari's Menu December 2, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Oh my gosh, Maddie is so freaking cute in her little sweater!! I love puppy clothes. I know so many people are against it, but my dogs get cold too (in Phoenix no less haha) and so I feel like sometimes little sweaters actually do make them feel better, not to mention look cuter :)

27 erica December 2, 2011 at 3:06 pm

my little yorkie doesn’t do well in the cold. he has to wear sweaters when i bring him to work, because building management likes to make us feel like our building belongs in the north pole year round!

28 Amanda December 2, 2011 at 5:43 pm

My dog is a black German Shepherd, so he LOVES the cold. He has a thick undercoat that makes him hot very easily. He loves when it starts turning cold and snowy!

29 Megan December 2, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I don’t know how he’ll manage… but I’m about to find out. My boyfriend and I have been living in Costa Rica and adopted a puppy here. The 3 of us are moving back to Boston on Dec. 17th, and I have NO idea how our little Tico puppy is going to deal with anything under 70 degrees, never mind below freezing and snow!!1