more ยป" />

Hot Fitness Yoga

by Meghann on November 28, 2011

Since moving to Tampa last March, I’ve tried my fair share of yoga studios in the area.

Tonight I have a new one to add to the list: Hot Fitness Yoga of Tampa.

HotFitnessYogaTampa.png

I purchased a Groupon to the studio months ago. The deal was set to expire tomorrow, which was the kick in the butt I needed to finally put the unlimited month of classes to use. The studio is fairly new to the area and had a great variety of hot yoga classes to choose from throughout the week.

This evening I selected ‘Hot Yogalates’ class, which was a fusion of both yoga and pilates in a 95 degree room.

The studio was tiny with two simple rooms. There were no fancy set-ups, no fancy yoga gear for sale, and no fancy cubbies or lockers to hold your stuff. It felt authentic and real. There were no gimmicks, just yoga. I liked that.

I arrived a bit on the early side and quickly made friends with a couple of girls in the class. They were very welcoming and spoke highly of the studio. I have yet to find a yoga studio that keeps me coming back on a regular basis in Tampa (I’m still not over my loss of Orlando Power Yoga :(), but I had high hopes for this one based on their reviews.

I still have high hopes for the studio, but as soon as the ‘Hot Yogalates’ started, I knew this wasn’t the class for me. The class had more of a pilates base with just a couple of yoga flows thrown in on the end. There were a lot of leg lifts, pulses, and squats. Eh. I prefer the flow of yoga over the pulses of pilates.

However, I did love the feel of the studio and how genuinely hot the room was (I’ve tried some ‘hot yoga’ classes where I didn’t even break a sweat!). There are a couple of power yoga classes on the schedule that I would love to go back and try. I have a whole month of classes to explore, my fingers are crossed something will stick! :)

Before yoga I had a Van’s Blueberry Muffin Crown (free coupon alert).

Love how fluffy these babies are. :)

I’m not sure where the craving came from, but I really wanted a burger after yoga. I had some ground chicken waiting for me in the fridge that I seasoned with some bbq spice, soy sauce, and worcestershire sauce and formed into two patties that went on the George Foreman.

There’s something that’s just so easy and classic about a good burger. These babies took less than 10 minutes too cook and were fabulous with some ketchup and spicy mustard.

No burger is complete without a healthy serving of sweet potato fries. :)

Pumpkin pie ice cream for dessert

Deal Alerts

Did everyone see the Gold Box deal on Amazon today?

Screen shot 2011-11-28 at 10.30.09 PM.png

That’s a great price for the Garmin Forerunner 405CX. :)

I have the Forerunner 205, but the 405CX is a little prettier and a little smaller if you’re not a fan of the bulkier 205 or 305.

Also, my favorite point and shoot (the Canon PowerShot S95) has a great deal going on today on both Amazon and Best Buy.

CanonS95.jpg

I LOVE this camera for low light situations or times I have to leave my DSLR at home. :)

Have you seen any great Cyber Monday deals?

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 28, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I just bought a new garmin. NOT $149. FAIL

2 Chloe (In Fine Feather) November 28, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I like to stick with my tried & true Bikram yoga & think that one of the perks of that style is that I ALWAYS know what’s coming. It’s also in a heated room, which makes me feel like I’m doing even more work :)
Hope you find a class you like!

3 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 28, 2011 at 11:25 pm

A turkey burger and sweet potato fries are probably one of my most favorite meals of ALL time!

4 wymberley November 29, 2011 at 12:15 am

I was thinking about your yoga quest today. Glad you found a new place to try.

5 Christine @ BookishlyB November 29, 2011 at 12:16 am

How can you stand it so hot? I started yoga a few months ago and I feel like I’m going to pass out when it gets unintentionally warm. What am I not doing/doing wrong?

6 Living, Learning, Eating November 29, 2011 at 12:43 am

I want to take up yoga – I’ve heard so many good things! But I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do hot yoga. Heat = NOT my thing.

7 Courtney W November 29, 2011 at 12:56 am

I officially joined the Garmin club. Thanks for the sporadic dip in my bank account….I’ll consider it a graduation present to myself :)

8 Chef Katelyn November 29, 2011 at 1:01 am

OH girl…. it may not be for everyone, but I am a FAN. It sounds kickass!

9 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 29, 2011 at 6:07 am

Sounds awesome! I looooove Bikram yoga. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive!

10 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 29, 2011 at 7:21 am

I saw a lot of good deals, just nothing I needed… Haha forced myself to resist on the clothing front!

11 Emily November 29, 2011 at 8:16 am

I have that garmin and love it! (So if anyone is thinking about buying that specific one, feel free to reach out to me!)

I have hot yoga & bikram on my list of things to try! I really need to get my butt in gear and try some new classes and studios! Thanks for a little push!

12 Corey @ Learning Patience November 29, 2011 at 9:19 am

Tried Hot Yoga once but it was just too hot, smelly and sweaty for me.
xoxo from Trinidad

13 Cait's Plate November 29, 2011 at 9:26 am

Gah! I want that Garmin! I have the Forerunner 205 that’s basically like wearing a calculator on your wrist. I LOVE it but I really wouldn’t mind a sleeker version!

Also I’m DYING to try those Van’s muffins! They look incredible – I’m a huge Van’s fan so I’m sure I’d love them.

14 Marty November 29, 2011 at 11:10 am

I’m kinda hesitant to try hot yoga. I mean, how hot is hot? Living in Miami they could drop the whole “hot” and just call it yoga!

15 Alaina November 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

My brother in law sent me the link for the Garmin. Still wondering if I want to bite the dust now and just buy it, and not wait for Christmas. Hmm..

16 Heather @ Better With Veggies November 29, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Hot Yoga seems to be a popular topic today. :) I can’t imagine a class where you didn’t break a sweat, did they not read the title of their own class?

I wish that Garmin deal was for the waterproof one, I’m going to hold out until I can find a deal on that one before upgrading.

17 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre November 30, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Can I just say that after reading this (yesterday), I immediately purchased both items (camera and garmin). I just got the e-mail that they shipped and it reminded me how thankful I am that you posted these specials!!