Taco Night

by Meghann on November 20, 2011

Maddie is wiped.

We dropped her off at doggie camp yesterday morning and she could barely keep her eyes open when we picked her up earlier this evening. The good news is she came home with top marks on her report. Apparently she’s a good eater, plays well with others, and easily bonds with every counselor. I’m so proud. :)

Tacos were on the menu for dinner tonight.

Part 1: Veggies

• Carrot
  • Onion
  • Broccoli
  • Mushrooms
  • Taco Seasoning (chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, pepper, salt, oregano)

Part 2: Cold Bean Salsa

• Black Beans
  • Frozen Corn
  • Red Onion
  • Tomato
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Chili Powder

Part 3: Tortillas

(I picked these up today, but wasn’t a fan. They fell apart before either Derek or I had a chance to take our first taco bites. eh.)

Part 4: Cheese :)

Done. It was a veggie heavy meal, which is exactly what I was going for. :)

My mind was dead set on Monica’s No-Bake Protein Pie for dessert. It’s hard to say no to a 4-ingedient pumpkin pie recipe with ‘no-bake’ in the title.

Only I added chocolate chips to mine. It needed a little somethin’-somethin’.

Mmmm…. pumpkin pie.

I was impatient and didn’t let it refrigerate first, so my piece wasn’t the prettiest coming out, but that didn’t stop it from being tasty.

The texture and flavor reminded me more of a pumpkin pudding pie than anything else. It was good, but still missing something. Maybe more chocolate drizzled on top?! ;)

Derek and I just started Captain America. I’m crossing my fingers Chris Evans keeps his shirt off the entire movie. A girl can dream, right? ;)

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 20, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Those tacos look so good with all those different veggies! And more chocolate always makes things better!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Every Step Counts 5K

2 Sana November 20, 2011 at 9:33 pm

:) I loved your dinner, healthy and fun!
Sana recently posted..A Trip to Ikea

3 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 20, 2011 at 9:46 pm

your tacos look great! i love mixing pudding mix and plain chobani … especially the cheesecake flavor. to me, it takes on a consistency similar to cheesecake which really makes it taste similar!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

4 Army Amy* November 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I thought Captain America looked super lame, but I ended up loving it. It’s a fun movie!*
Army Amy* recently posted..NYD Training: T-Minus 6 Weeks

5 wymberley November 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I always use more Pumpkin pie spice ;)
wymberley recently posted..Twi-Dorks Excellent Adventure

6 Carissa November 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Wait a hot minute…no bake pumpkin pie???? Say what??? Totally making some for my mock thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday! Thanks for the inspiration!
Carissa recently posted..Faith, Fitness, Fun – guest post

7 Lesleigh @iwannadatearunner November 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I love no bake stuff, and usually such recipes involve refrigerating for an hour. That’s too long for me.
Lesleigh @iwannadatearunner recently posted..Philadelphia 2011

8 Britt @ Run with Britt November 21, 2011 at 8:01 am

Those tacos look delicious! It’s a refreshing change from the bright yellow fried taco shells and greasy meat that I usually think about when I dream of tacos. I’m going to have to recreate these soon, Texas girl style. :)

9 Hope November 21, 2011 at 8:03 am

That tacos look really yummy! There is nothing like Mexican food for dinner :)
Hope recently posted..Back To The Basics…

10 Amanda November 21, 2011 at 8:14 am

I haven’t had Mexican food in far too long. I’m thinking tacos or enchiladas in the near future…

Maddie is adorable all cuddled under the blanket. My dog is the same way – so snuggly. :)
Amanda recently posted..Cardamom Cashew Fudge

11 Hillary November 21, 2011 at 8:16 am

I made pumpkin pudding pie for a potluck we’re having at work today. It looks and tastes dreamy!
Hillary recently posted..Suck It Up

12 Leo November 21, 2011 at 8:51 am

Wow! Amazing recipe! The images are mouth watering. I love eating healthy food and this is one delicacy that seems to be stuffed with great nutritious food. Thanks for sharing.
Leo recently posted..Los medicamentos para dejar de fumar

13 Billie November 21, 2011 at 9:22 am

I have never had pumpkin pie… It is on my list to try.
Billie recently posted..I am in Love…

14 Cait's Plate November 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

Looooove taco night! We have it once a week in our house :)
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Inspired

15 Marlina @ Baker Princess November 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Mmm, tacos sounds yummy! I saw those tortillas too and were super intrigued by them, but I ending up taking home the multigrain ones, which held together just fine. I’m bummed yours didn’t :-/ they sounded so good! My guy has been buggin to see Captain America! He brought home The Green Lantern (which was supa good) I’m thinkin another hero movie wouldn’t be so bad :)
Marlina @ Baker Princess recently posted..It’s Too Late For Me

16 Kelly November 21, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I’m guessing pie probably needed some spices. To me pumpkin pie isn’t pumpkin pie without some cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.