It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

by Meghann on November 20, 2011

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

IMG_1619.jpg

I know it’s only November, but I can’t help but dive head first into the holiday spirit. I already have Christmas music uploaded to my ipod, several Christmas movies saved to the DVR/ Netflix instant queue, and have purchased a gift or two for friends and family. Plus, this is the PERFECT time to visit the Christmas decorations at Disney world. This is the weekend right before the holiday crowds start to fill in and there are too many people to enjoy it.

Previous Christmas themed Disney posts:

IMG_1623.jpg

Derek and I had some free time in Orlando yesterday before Ben’s birthday celebrations began, so we decided to take advantage of our about-to-be-expired annual passes and check out the parks. Even though I was just at Disney on Friday, it isn’t hard to talk me into going two days in a row. I mean, we have these passes for a reason. ;)

First we checked out one of my favorite gingerbread displays at Disney’s Boardwalk and I contemplated just how much of the 100% edible structure I could consume all on my own.

IMG_1608.jpg IMG_1609.jpg

Give me a month and I could slowly make my way through 75% of it. Pinky swear. ;)

(psstttt… check out THIS POST for more information on the gingerbread houses found in the Disney hotel lobbies)

Then we headed to Epcot for lunch at one of our favorite food spots in Morocco.

I had the vegetarian platter with hummus, lentil salad, tabouli, cous cous, falafel, and bread. The platter is always my go-to meal when walking around the world in Epcot. So. Good.

We ate in Epcot, but our hearts were set on seeing Hollywood Studios. I love how the two parks are just a quick walk away from each other.

The park was a little more crowded than we expected, but not bad. Some of the rides had 60+min lines (boooo to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror), but others were fine. We finally had a chance to ride the newly updated Star Wars ride (which was awesome!), saw the Little Mermaid (I’m still a ten year old girl at heart), and walked around some of the Christmas displays. We just closed our eyes and pretended the lights were on. ;)

After making our way through Hollywood Studios, we met my family for dinner at Bahama Breeze to celebrate Ben’s birthday (he turned 22 on Thursday).

I ordered the Chicken and Fruit Salad, which I’ve had before and knew would be good. I love how they don’t skimp on the fruit. ;)

Despite being the ripe ole age of twenty-two, my little brother loves the cartoon movie Cars.

Cars-Movie-Poster.jpg

Yep. That movie.

Actually, he loves cars in general, so that shouldn’t be such a shock. ;)

The other week I spotted some Cars themed cookie cutters at Williams-Sonoma and thought it would be fun to bake a few for his birthday.

WmSonoma-Cars2-Cutters&Box.jpg

I made the dough Thursday night, baked the cookies on Friday, and decorated them Saturday morning.

Ummm…… not exactly like the box, but it’s the thought that counts, right?

Oh, well. Happy Birthday Ben!

IMG_1628.jpg

I had two and – trust me – the poor icing job didn’t mess with the taste. These babies were just as good as pretty one. :)

Of course, Ben’s birthday wouldn’t be complete without a a visit to a dueling piano bar

Or an obnoxiously oversized drink

With big straws.

IMG_1639.jpg

You can’t forget the straws! ;)

Happy Birthday Ben!

We partied hard at Howl of the Moon before turning in to a nearby hotel room. Free breakfast and another fun day in Orlando awaits!

1 Ash Bear November 20, 2011 at 9:45 am

Aww, Bo and I are so jealous! We were talking last night about how much we want to head down again this year! Keep us posted! :)

2 Meghann November 20, 2011 at 9:48 am

We were thinking about you guys yesterday! That’s why we tagged you at ‘our’ ride. :) Come back and visit anytime!!!!!!!

3 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 20, 2011 at 9:49 am

I am so jealous that you’re so close to Disney. I must live vicariously through your Disney posts :).

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 20, 2011 at 10:12 am

adorable cookies!! looks like a great celebration. that last pic with your sister is beyond precious!

5 Nikki T November 20, 2011 at 10:25 am

mmmm…I had that salad when we were in Orlando in January!

6 Alaina November 20, 2011 at 10:46 am

What a fun birthday celebration! There’s a Howl at the Moon in Boston now. I haven’t been but it looks like a lot of fun!

7 Army Amy* November 20, 2011 at 11:06 am

The cookies look cute!*

8 Lindsay November 20, 2011 at 11:14 am

I’m from the midwest so I don’t get to go to Orlando very often but whenever I do I love going to Epcot! I turn into such a dork every time I’m there, who wouldn’t love exploring all of the different countries? :P

9 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 20, 2011 at 11:15 am

I bought the Cars pancakes molds at Williams Sonoma, but I haven’t used them yet…Now I want the cookie cutters too :) I can only imagine how magical Disney World is this time of year! I’ve been in the holiday spirit since Nov 1 and I have no shame! Happy birthday Ben!!

10 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 20, 2011 at 11:27 am

You are so lucky that you live right by Disney!!! It’s like you live in a magical land! Haha. And those cookies are adorable!!!

11 Cait's Plate November 20, 2011 at 11:29 am

Haha I think they came out super cute!!

12 Hillary November 20, 2011 at 11:46 am

My bf and I have been talking about traveling to Disney for Xmas for years now—he wants to show me those giant edible structures, too!

13 Sophie November 20, 2011 at 11:49 am

I love it when the first signs of christmas begin to appear!

14 Kadye November 20, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I work there!!! I actually work at Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. If you visit again before January 4, let me know! I’ll hook you up!

15 Meghann November 20, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Sweet! We’ll be back in December! ;)

16 Laura November 20, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Does Kelly not blog anymore? I enjoyed reading her blog and now it doesn’t seem to exist…

17 Lilly November 21, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I was wondering the same thing, what happened to Kelly’s blog? I enjoyed reading it also, and now I just can’t find it anymore

18 Meghann November 21, 2011 at 12:17 pm

She has temporarily shut her blog down and has decided to concentrate 100% on teaching for the year.

19 Rachel@ The Skinny Southern Belle November 20, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I love how you still find wonderment at Disney! I’ve never been but I’m thinking I need to see if some friends would enjoy going.

20 Megan @ Megan in Wonderland November 20, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I can’t believe you were so close to me this weekend! I could practically walk to Howl at the Moon and drove right by it after breakfast this morning. I’m also starting at Sunset Ranch Market at DHS on Tuesday. Let me know the next time you want to visit any of the parks in the area and I’ll join you!

21 Hope November 21, 2011 at 8:03 am

Looks like so much fun! I wish I lived as close to Disney as you do! It’s my favorite place. :) I really need to get back there. I’m going through Disney withdrawal.

22 Shalani November 21, 2011 at 10:53 am

Ohhh, I am also thinking about Christmas right after our Halloween celebration. Actually, I have my Christmas tree prepare on the 2nd week of November. Christmas time is my favorite season! Thank you for sharing your happenings…

23 Lucy November 24, 2011 at 6:29 am

I would love to go to Disney at Christmas!!!
Looks like you had so much fun!

I went to Copenhagen last week and I came home feeling very festive! They’ve got decorations everywhere already ! And stalls selling Glogg ( Mulled Wine ) all over the place. Absolutely loved it!