Some Photos

by Meghann on November 18, 2011

Remember that crazy, amazing photo shoot I had last month with the crazy, amazing (and very talented!) Cat?!

Well, I finally got the final photos back last week and am a bit obsessed with the finished product. Cat did an incredible job capturing the gorgeous scenery and even succeeded in making me look like a ‘real’ triathlete.

_MG_1539.JPG _MG_1552D.jpg

If you’re looking for an out-of-the-norm Christmas gift for your triathlon obsessed significant other, may I suggest a triathlon-themed professional photo session? I think these type of photos are something every swimmer/cyclist/runner should have done once. It sure beats race photos, that’s for sure. 😉

Heck, even if they’re not triathletes, I believe everyone should have a fun photo session, period. It’s a great confidence booster and every girl deserves a chance to feel pretty! Just look for a local photographer who is starting out and willing to cut you a deal. (And if you’re in the Orlando area see Cat and tell her I sent you. She’s a triathlete herself and really knows her stuff!)

_MG_1582D.jpg _MG_1591D.jpg

Of course, the running ones were my favorite. FINALLY some photos where I’m running and not looking like I’m on the verge of death. 😉

_MG_1631.JPG _MG_1678D.jpg

I had the photos done because I was in need of some professional head shots for various blog projects. Again, Cat exceeded all expectations and took some beautiful professional-esque shots.

eeny meeny miny moe

_MG_1768.JPG _MG_1789D.jpg _MG_1792.JPG

My favorite. :)

Alright, enough photos of me. This post is bordering on narcissistic. Who am I kidding? Bordering? It’s flat out there. But, it’s rare when I’m the one the camera is focused on, so it was fun while it lasted. :)

THANK YOU Cat for the incredible photos! You’re talent never ceases to amaze me! You Rock!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life November 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm

LOVE all of these, Meghann! Cat really captured your energy :)
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Fantastic Friday!

2 Cheryl November 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm

The pictures came out great! I especially like the one where you are sitting on the dock.
Cheryl recently posted..The Weight Post

3 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 18, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Oh wow!! LOVE!! I love the one of you on your bike facing the camera. SO awesome!!!

you’re gorgeous :)
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Triceps Dips

4 Dori November 18, 2011 at 1:38 pm

LOVE the running ones!!!!!! I want!
Dori recently posted..Surprise! I Ran The SunTrust Richmond Marathon!

5 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane November 18, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Great Shots!!! You look amazing and she did some awesome angles : )
Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..Friday Running Cartoon 11-18-2011

6 Michaela November 18, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Beautiful photos! I always look terrible in race pictures. I would love some where I don’t look like I’m dying!

7 Jen November 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Those are great pictures Meghann, you look really beautiful!
Jen recently posted..The Thursday Dilemma

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 18, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I love, love ALL of these!! You look so cute in all of them. Awesome job, Cat!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Chili For A Chilly Day

9 Amy November 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Very nice :)

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 18, 2011 at 1:56 pm

These came out awesome! I love the running ones, especially the one where you’re tying your shoelace.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Spicy rosemary roasted almonds

11 Laura November 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Amazing photos! Good job, Cat!
Laura recently posted..50 Little Things – Week 6

12 Army Amy* November 18, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Fun! I like all of them, but I agree that the running pics are the best!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Talk to Strangers

13 Hillary November 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Love them. What a fun experience!
Hillary recently posted..Small Act, Big Impact

14 Corey @ Learning Patience November 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I love the first one! Great shots…you are allowed to have it be all about you… :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Today is an A Kinda Day

15 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm

beautiful!! i love all of these photos. what a great idea :)
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..haricots verts & wild mushroom sauté.

16 Lindsey November 18, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Great photos! I love the one of you on the bike!
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday!

17 Anne P November 18, 2011 at 2:45 pm

GORGEOUS! I would never have thought to have professional athletic photos taken – love that idea! All my normal workout pics are NOT cute, ha.
Anne P recently posted..10 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes

18 Coco November 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I love them- they came out amazing! I must say that the swimming ones are my favorite- but thats probably because I was a swimmer :)
Coco recently posted..And now that the weekend is here..

19 Holly November 18, 2011 at 3:05 pm

The pics look great!!!! Makes me want to get it done too! :) I’ve only taken 1 good race photo that I can remember and it was very recently. I almost bought it because it was actually decent, but alas the $40 price tag for 1 pic was more than I was willing to pay.
Holly recently posted..The Run Around

20 Michelle November 18, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Awesome pictures – they really capture “you” (if that makes sense). Love the bikes one – and the professional ones look great too!
Michelle recently posted..Five For Friday – Bring on the Funny

21 [email protected] November 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm
22 mary November 18, 2011 at 3:25 pm

You’re so pretty Meghann, I love all of those photos!
mary recently posted..Foodie Friday: Corn and Bean Salsa

23 erica November 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm

amazing photos! you look fabulous! :)
erica recently ode to helathy living blogs: personal training.

24 Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty November 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm

These are great! How fun!

25 Kate November 18, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Those are so fantastic! I’d never thought of doing something like that, but it’s ridiculously neat!
Kate recently posted..Hot Potato Chip: Week 25

26 Gwen November 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Those pics are EPIC! So beautiful.
Gwen recently posted..Food Bedlam

27 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) November 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm

They came out great! I dread photos of me running because I’m always waddling and look ready to pass out :)

28 Cait's Plate November 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Oh my gosh these photos are seriously amazing!! You look so fit and toned and awesome in them!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Joy of My Life

29 Liz November 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Wow! The photos all look beautiful!!

30 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Those are gorgeous!!! I don’t think it’s narcissistic, you should be so proud of everything your body can and has accomplished!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like…

31 Christie November 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I love, love, love them!! They turned out amazing. What a great job Cat did. And remember a while back when you posted about “haters” talking about your weight….HELLO??? I don’t see any problems here, none at all. I’d take it. You look great.

32 Emily November 18, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Gorgeous photos! Not a narcissistic post at all, you’re beautiful and you should be proud of your accomplishments!
Emily recently posted..The Yesteryears

33 Amanda November 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I love the photos, especially the one of you tying your shoe. So pretty!

And they don’t just make you look like a ‘real’ triathlete – you are one! :)
Amanda recently posted..Cardamom Cashew Fudge

34 Allie November 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Beautiful photos Meghann! You are so tiny!!
Allie recently posted..The Start of Painting Fun!

35 allie November 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm

really pretty!!!

36 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine November 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm

These are beautiful, Meghann! Not narcissistic. It’s fun once in a while. :) You look gorgeous and strong! She did a great job.
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Apartment Tour

37 Ida November 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Wow, all the pictures are great! I love the one of you leaning over the handlebars. And how do you look so good in a swim cap?!

38 Christine (The Raw Project) November 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Great photos, how fun!
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..Hearty Green Bean Casserole

39 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy November 18, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I love the cycling photos. You really look like an “iron” woman
Casey @ Insatiably Healthy recently posted..Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter

40 lindsay November 18, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Meghann, these photos are AWESOME and you look great. I don’t think it’s narcissistic at all – I much prefer these to self portraits in the car 😉

41 Kath November 18, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Love the one of you looking dead on at the camera on the bike – gorgeous!
Kath recently posted..Lemon Twist

42 Sarah November 18, 2011 at 6:42 pm

These are phenomenal, Megan. Just gorgeous!

43 Alaina November 18, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I love these!! My sisters in law are trying to get into photography. Maybe I should inquire about having a series like this done! :-)

And I concur, you are gorgeous.

44 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 18, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Awesome gorgeous photos. I love them all, but I really like the ones with your bike. Amazing!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend: Take 7

45 Hilary November 18, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Whoa, you look seriously H-O-T hot and like a seriously athlete…what great shots!

46 Leslie November 18, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Great shots! Love the one in the swimsuit with the sunlight on your face. The one of you sitting on the dock really shows your muscle tone. Seriously buffed thigh muscle.? Good for you! Glad you have the photos when your 52 you will be able look back at yourself in your prime. I’m 52 and wish I had reconized that I looked good when I was younger Instead of being so hard on myself for not being perfect. Celebrate, and be proud.

47 colleen November 18, 2011 at 8:19 pm

love the photos!

48 Kelly November 18, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I agree. It’s fun to have professional photos taken every once and awhile. I especially get having head shots for blog projects, it definitely makes it more professional. Curious though what made you opt for a triathlon themed shoot. I don’t think I’d want myself photographed in workout gear.

49 Caroline November 18, 2011 at 8:59 pm

These pictures are absolutely fantastic!! I love them:)

50 Ashleigh @ November 18, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Those are fantastic!!! You look great!
Ashleigh @ recently posted..Quick Fix Dinner: Spaghetti Squash

51 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Ahhhh! Ballaaaaa!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..[Phoebe’s] and I are long lost sisters.

52 Tracy November 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Wow!!! The pictures are awesome!! I NEVER comment but felt the need to tell you what a great job Cat did!!

53 Marie November 18, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Wow, very nice! I especially LOVED all the triathlon ones! I can’t choose a favorite! 😉

54 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 19, 2011 at 7:01 am

Awesome pictures!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently facts friday

55 Mary November 19, 2011 at 8:00 am

I always look like I’m on the verge of death in race photos too. I think the photographers try for that look lol!

56 Amy @ Pinning my Pinterest November 19, 2011 at 10:03 am

Awesome pics!!! Those really look great!!
Amy @ Pinning my Pinterest recently posted..<3 Poptarts <3

57 Shah'ada November 19, 2011 at 10:21 am

oh wow!!!! absolutely GORGEOUS photos!!!! i’m seriously loving them … the one with the bike on your back and the last one are my favs. you rock :)
Shah’ada recently posted..a winter (not) wonderland

58 Axel November 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

Ain’t Narcissism the point of blogging in the first place? 😉 Very nice work Cat…

59 Chase November 19, 2011 at 11:51 am

They’re amazing!!
Chase recently posted..Things I learned while training for a winter marathon

60 Maddie November 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm

These are absolutely beautiful! You will get a lot of good use out of them!
Maddie recently posted..Murmurmurmur blah blah.

61 Rachel Wilkerson November 19, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I noticed your new Twitter avatar the other day and thought it was so pretty…now I know the whole story!

Love the one of you leaning over your bike handlebars in your helmet…it looks like something out of a magazine!!
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..The Life: Some Thoughts on Thanksgiving

62 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted November 19, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Awesome! Love them!
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Pumpkin Season

63 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery November 19, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Those are stunning. You look gorgeous and it’s so awesome to have some professional action shots. <3
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..How do you use your ketchup packets? – Dip or squeeze?

64 Reenie November 20, 2011 at 12:15 am

They are all great photos and you look beautiful. I really like the one of you drinking coffee =)

65 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) November 22, 2011 at 3:30 pm

These photos are incredible. She is very talented, and you’re a gorgeous subject. :)
Alison (Fueling for Fitness) recently posted..The aftermath