Keeping Breakfast Easy

by Meghann on November 2, 2011

Good Morning!

I crashed hard last night. It was a long day and I just couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. I enjoyed 8 blissful hours of sleep and slept in later than I’ll probably get to any other time this week (7:30 is the new 10:30).

I could have gone out and spent $$ on a breakfast at the cute cafe across the street (my original plan), but a mix of laziness and the knowledge that I had enough food here to put together a meal here convinced me to stay in and save a little $$.

Part of my bounty from yesterday’s shopping adventure. πŸ˜‰

Just cut, spoon, and pour and you’ve got breakfast.

An apple with peanut butter and granola isn’t anything fancy, but it got the job done. My belly is happy and full and I never even had to shower or walk out the door. Works for me.

Can I just say how super jealous I am of my brother’s window in his kitchen?!

IMG_0652.jpg

Natural light while cooking?!?! I forgot such a thing existed!

My house has one teeny tiny window for the entire place, as well as a single sliding glass door that is shaded by a covered porch, trees, and fence. There is no natural light at all and it’s probably one of the biggest things I complain about. One day I would love to have a house with lots of windows in every room, including the kitchen. One day…

I’m glued to this chair until lunch time.

Happy Hump Day!

1 Sana November 2, 2011 at 11:59 am

πŸ™‚ Haha, it’s lunch time!!! on the East Coast!
Sana recently posted..I’m Feeling Chatty

2 Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) November 2, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I know what you mean about windows! Most of my house has decent sunlight, but not the kitchen. It always feels dark and gloomy no matter what its like outside. hate it!
Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) recently posted..Oh, Hello 5am

3 jen November 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm

ah, i dream of having a house full of natural light. my apartment only has two windows in the living room since i live in the basement. i feel like i live in a cave sometimes, and it makes my food photography look horrible, oh well.
jen recently posted..Music I Listen to when I’m NOT Running

4 Athena @ Fitness & Feta November 2, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I had that exact same pumpkin spice granola for breakfast this morning! In a Vanilla Chobani yogurt. Good choice πŸ™‚
Athena @ Fitness & Feta recently posted..The β€œStart November Off Right” Workout & Playlist

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I love windows in the kitchen. That is a MUST. And a NEED πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Junk Food and Health Food – The Cost

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 2, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I think lazy breakfasts are the perfect way to go, and I wanted to go to bed at 8 last night, but forced myself to stay up and keep working until 9! I am such a grandma…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Work Those Legs and WIAW

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm

1 window in the entire house?! I think I’d go some sort of sunshine deprived crazy!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Reese’s has nothing on me

8 Dave November 2, 2011 at 12:26 pm

With three kids six and under 7:30 is like the new 11:30. I like the apples/granola/peanut butter mix. I’ll give it a whirl.

9 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) November 2, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Ah, I love lots and lots of windows in a house. One of the draws of my current apartment was all the light in the bedrooms.. I do wish I had a window in the kitchen too, though!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Pumpkin french toast

10 Amanda November 2, 2011 at 12:41 pm

You shower before you go to breakfast? Meh. πŸ˜‰

My last apartment got almost no natural light, despite having a lot of windows. The surrounding buildings were very close and prevented the light from coming through. One of the things I love most about my new place is that it gets a TON of light during the day.
Amanda recently posted..Banana Bread As Therapy

11 Hillary November 2, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I need natural light in my living space. My boyfriend’s old apartment had NONE (honestly, his living room constantly looked like it was nighttime) and it’s a huge requirement for any home I live in!
Hillary recently posted..Apple Crisp

12 Sara @my less serious life November 2, 2011 at 1:07 pm

i am just finishing up a bag of that very pumpkin spice granola from TJ’s. it is so festive and makes breakfast (even a simple one like you had today) that much more exciting!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..my less serious day: love struck

13 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com November 2, 2011 at 1:08 pm

We are done with lunch and your post is about breakfast – a delicious change πŸ™‚
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Hits and Misses’

14 Cait's Plate November 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Gah! I would KILL for a window in my kitchen! It’s actually one of the requirements I have for my eventual house!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Get Outside

15 Hope November 2, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I love what you did for breakfast! I think it looks quite tasty! πŸ™‚

I would kill for a window in the kitchen. I always say the house that parents had that I grew up in for the majority of my life had the best kitchen! It was huge, had a ton of light, a window above the sink and a huge island! It made it very easy to prep food and bake a ton of stuff in that kitchen. I miss it!
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The Shoes!…

16 Emily@SavoryandSavage November 2, 2011 at 2:52 pm

One of my go to lazy breakfasts is apple sauce and cereal – sounds kinda gross but it is pretty yummy.

Enjoy your visit with your brother!
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Mini crab egg rolls

17 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT November 2, 2011 at 3:12 pm

That pumpkin spice granola is BOMB! πŸ™‚
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..14 Thrillmill Miles

18 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm

we had zero natural light in our last apartment. we’re in a bigger house now and it makes all the difference! we have a million windows and i LOVE it.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..coffee talk: {11.2.11}

19 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 2, 2011 at 4:01 pm

i LOVE that granola! It definitely one of my favorites! I must go get some! πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie For a Day

20 Alexa @ Simple Eats November 2, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Apple and peanut butter is always my go-to breakfast. That or a banana with peanut butter, times two!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Hey There, November.

21 Army Amy* November 2, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Breakfast looks yummy! I could never eat enough apples. I have one apple a day!*
Army Amy* recently posted..These Hands

22 Chuck November 3, 2011 at 12:29 am

Isn’t that granola so good?
Chuck recently posted..Mile 6.5 got really dark…