Extra! Extra!

by Meghann on November 2, 2011

Alright, you guys caught me. I fell in love with the Farmer’s Market yesterday, but I made a mistake by not staying and eating there. Truth is I had already made up my mind to eat somewhere else and – when my stomach is set on one thing – it’s hard to trade it in for something else.

But, don’t worry, I went back. Word on the street was that I had missed out on the tacos at Loteria Grill. You didn’t have to tell me twice to return and try them.

When I walked up and there was a line, I knew I had come to the right place. I waited patiently and silently drooled over all of the delicious options. The menu had three different types of seasoned chicken, four different veggies, beef, seafood, or pork that could be made into a taco, sope, tostada, or burrito.

It all sounded too good to narrow them down to one, so I selected three options to whet my appetite.

The ‘chicken in mole poblano’ and ‘chicken in red pipan’ made up my taco fillers. Both meats were moist and spicy and tasted like they had been marinating in the sauces for days. The homemade tortilla was very light and fresh.

The tacos were tiny. When they first came out I was afraid they wouldn’t fill me up, but they ended up being the perfect size. I was full, but not stuffed when I finished.

I also ordered a side of the zucchini with roasted corn. It was the perfect mix of spice and flavor without being greasy. Again, delicious.

I think in a taco contest I would still vote for Taco Bus over Loteria Grill, but my meal was pretty amazing. Thanks for the recommendation!

After my lunch I wandered around The Grove and stumbled upon this.

I had heard rumors they filmed Extra at The Grove, but I didn’t think I would actually stumble upon the set. Pretty cool. Now I kind of want to watch the show more to see if I recognize any of the background (can’t say I’ve ever watched an episode before).

I was taking a picture of the set when one of the producers asked me if I wanted to stand in the background for the segment. Me? Less than 5 feet behind Mario Lopez?!?! Heck yeah!

Why, hello, lover.

IMG_0683.jpg

I’ve seen Mario Lopez in person once before at the taping of The Ellen Show at Universal last year, but there he felt like he was miles away. This time I could have pinched his butt if I wanted. Which, I did want to, but I’m not sure his security detail would have liked it that much. πŸ˜‰

They were filming an interview for Friday’s show with Gabby Sidibe about her upcoming role in Tower Heist. It was cool too see all the behind the scenes stuff. The two of them chatted like they were old friends and continued the smiles when the cameras weren’t rolling. The whole thing made me smile too. πŸ™‚

And then when the segment was over I continued to stalk Mario. He’s just so pretty. πŸ™‚

IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0697.JPG

Bye A.C.!! I mean… Mario. πŸ˜‰

So, yesterday SkinnyRunner and I did a running tour of The Grove looking for the Jamba Juice, but couldn’t find it. Guess what I found right by the filming of Extra?

Duh!

I finally got my small pumpkin smash and it was heaven in a cup. Yum. πŸ™‚

Now it’s time to say goodbye to my brother’s place and head north to the Dole Summit!

Catch ya later!

1 Elizabeth November 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm

A.C!!! So cute!!! And you were so lucky!!
That juice sounds amazing!

2 tracey November 2, 2011 at 7:17 pm

He’ll always be A.C. Slater to me πŸ™‚

3 erica November 2, 2011 at 7:19 pm

AC. lol.
i was always a zach morris kinda girl. ;p
erica recently posted..a trip down halloween lane

4 M November 2, 2011 at 7:20 pm

It’s clear you are putting in some extra effort to proofread your posts. They are more readable now – keep it up.

5 Army Amy* November 2, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I think Mario Lopez is kind of annoying, but he sure is fine!*
Army Amy* recently posted..These Hands

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm

that’s so neat that you got to watch the filming! Haha I don’t watch it either, but still!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Work Those Legs and WIAW

7 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 2, 2011 at 7:36 pm

ooohh that zucchini + roasted corn looks delicious. may just have to do a recipe recreation with that one πŸ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..coffee talk: {11.2.11}

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm

WHoa! He is totally A.C to me too! haha.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Junk Food and Health Food – The Cost

9 Amanda November 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm

“This time I could have pinched his butt if I wanted.” hahaha Best.Line.Ever.

Sounds like such a fun day in LA! πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Moroccan Stew

10 Victoria November 2, 2011 at 8:24 pm

When I was in LA last year, I met Chase Crawford. That’s my claim to fame!

A.C., I mean Mario, sure is tan!
Victoria recently posted..Running in Vegas

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 2, 2011 at 8:42 pm

AC Slater! Love him!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..unfried green tomatoes

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 2, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Haha! I was watching Extra last night and I was thinking to myself that I never call him Mario, but ALWAYS A.C Slater.

Ah, Saved By The Bell…such a great show. πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Gym “Whoo-hoo-ers”

13 BroccoliHut November 2, 2011 at 9:13 pm

COOL! I will always have a place in my heart for AC πŸ™‚
BroccoliHut recently posted..Moments to Celebrate

14 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I’d be SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED, SOOO…scared, to see Albert Clifford Slater.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Peeing on a Pedophile’s Lap

15 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) November 2, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Haha glad you’re having a great time! The Grove is awesome for celeb spotting.
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Pumpkin french toast

16 Krystina (Organically Me) November 2, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I can’t stand Mario Lopez. He’s handsome but seems like the biggest tool.

Those tacos look good but holy crap, they’re tiny! I wouldn’t be full off of those in the slightest.

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 2, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Fun day! Jamba, Slater, a film set, and good tacos..what more can you ask for right?
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Reese’s has nothing on me

18 Hope November 3, 2011 at 7:07 am

Ahhhh!! Mario Lopez!!! I can’t believe how close you were to him! He seems like such a nice guy! When I was younger, I met the entire cast of Saved by the Bell at a Philly car show. I just about died. It was an awesome experience! I was always a Zack Morris kind of girl πŸ˜‰
Hope recently posted..I Can See Clearly Now, The Rain Is Gone…

19 Tessa @ Amazing Asset November 3, 2011 at 7:13 am

Eeee Mario Lopez! I am not sure how much restraint I would have practiced seeing him haha
What a fantastic idea lady πŸ™‚
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..WIAW- Get Your Iron On

20 Sophie November 3, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Haha AC Slater – it’s been a while!
Sophie recently posted..A Letter To The One That Got Away.

21 Alaina November 3, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Mario is so cute. And I love Gabby Sidibe. I heard Tower Heist was really good!

I need to go back to LA to visit my family. Looks like a fun time!
Alaina recently posted..The Uncertain