The Squash That Keeps On Giving

by Meghann on October 28, 2011

Happy Friday before Halloween!!!

someecards.com - You strike me as one of those people who hands out fruit on Halloween.

Does anyone have any big Halloween themed plans this weekend?

I wish I could say Derek and I were heading to some big party this year, but our plans are limited to pumpkin carving, scary movie watching, and 5k running (in costume). Derek is still getting over his cold, so we’re keeping it quiet. Poor guy.

I’ll just have to live vicariously through all of you. πŸ˜‰

Lunch

My lunch today consisted of (surprise! surprise!) leftovers.

I swear that hubbard squash is never ending. I still have another meal’s worth in the fridge after this!

i took a quarter of the squash out of the fridge and ‘grilled’ it under the broiler with some hummus and cheese. Once the cheese was melted I added the squash to a bed of spinach and topped it with chopped apples and almonds.

It was a very festive fall meal. πŸ˜‰

Adidas Winner

The winner of the Adidas CC TRs is….

Screen shot 2011-10-28 at 2.19.03 PM.png

Congrats Courtney! Send me an email at mealsandmiles@gmail.com to redeem your prize!

1 Joy October 28, 2011 at 2:37 pm

A 5k in costume? Fun!!

2 Jen G. October 28, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I’m not really a Halloween person. At a young age, my parents told us we could either get Halloween costumes and go trick-or-treating, or get $25 cash. My sister and I were the pragmatic sort, so it was an easy decision to take the cash. I’m pretty sure my parents were the smartest people ever.

3 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 28, 2011 at 2:57 pm

what a fun halloween race! can’t wait to see the 5k costume πŸ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..feeling fall: sweet potato oatmeal cookies

4 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 28, 2011 at 3:03 pm

that lunch looks delicious! I am just not creative enough! Haha, hopefully with all this blog reading I’ll learn!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..This Food is Bananas, B A N A N A S!

5 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 28, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I love the halloweeny color of that squash. πŸ™‚ It’s weird, but I only like apples whole. Or cooked into pie..obvi.
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..The usual Friday

6 Amanda October 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I don’t think anyone ever gave me fruit when I went trick or treating as a kid, but I did have someone give me money! It was only $1, but I was pretty stoked at the time. Maybe they forgot to buy candy. lol

Have you decided on a costume for your 5k yet, or still mulling it over?
Amanda recently posted..TGIF Pumpkin Spice Donuts

7 Sophie October 28, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Haha, that postcard made me chuckle – my Mum was only just saying today how she thought she may give out grapes! I told her she didn’t want to be that person… πŸ™‚
Sophie recently posted..Thought For Friday

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 28, 2011 at 5:05 pm

We’re going to a party tonight—not sure as what yet, though…..haha πŸ˜‰

HOPE he feels better! And your meal does look festive. YUMM
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Halloween Candy

9 Billie October 28, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Halloween is a big celebration for us as Pagans so I am looking forward to the feast, taking a lighted candle through our house to clean it spiritually and reaffirming my vow to walk at one with the earth. We have only borrowed this life and need to fill it. x
Billie recently posted..Saying goodbye to the fat woman…

10 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 28, 2011 at 8:49 pm

We’re not huge Halloween people. I love passing out candy and seeing the adorable little kids!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Chill and chili

11 Allyson October 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Are you freaking serious, where did you grow up, did you never go out for Halloween? Halloween is most likely on a week/school night. Omg, how old are you? If one of my friends ever asked me that, I would call them some names I won’t say here.

12 Meghann October 28, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Ummm… according to the responses I got via twitter, I discovered different neighborhoods/cities have specific rules for trick or treating, so it was a fair question.

13 Maureen October 28, 2011 at 9:28 pm

mmm….that squash looks so good. I am also trying to get over a cold this weekend. Lots of sleeping in my near future!
Maureen recently posted..Blah

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 28, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I’ll definitely be living vicariously through everyone else this weekend as my work schedule is looking insane! That and due to some health stuff my nights look the same: pain meds, tea, and a book until I fall asleep. HA!

But a 5k costume run sounds fun!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Just an update