more ยป" />

Cupcake Confidential

by Meghann on October 25, 2011

I’m famous!

Ok, not really, but it was fun to see mine (and Ashley’s and Elina’s) mugs on the Cooking Channel for approximately 1.5 seconds today. ;)

So, why the 1.5 seconds of fame?

Well, remember the random cameras that were filming a mysterious new cupcake show at the Foodbuzz Festival last year?

Ummm… yeah… I had almost forgot too.

That is, until I saw the buzz pop up on twitter!

Screen shot 2011-10-25 at 10.22.17 PM.png

Turns out the ‘mysterious new cupcake show’ was actually Cupcake Confidential from The Cooking Channel. The new show (which just premiered Sunday night) followed three cupcake entrepreneurs as they prepped for big events around the country (i.e. Foodbuzz Festival).

The actual footage from the Foodbuzz event was limited, but there was enough to spot a few more of my friends on the big (small) screen.

Lew- you’re famous!

If you’re looking for your face in the crowd check out this link for other showtimes.

Now, I’m sad I won’t be attending Foodbuzz again this year! Next year – I’ll try again for next year. :)

My dinner this evening wasn’t exactly cupcake inspired, but it was pretty tasty. The easy crustless quiche was the perfect ‘just-got-home-and-don’t-feel-like-cooking’ meal.

First: the vegetables.

I chopped:

• 1 onion
  • 3 carrots
  • 4 large mushrooms
  • handful of spinach

And cooked it all until soft with salt, pepper, and oregano.

The vegetables were then dropped in a greased ramekin

Topped with shredded cheese

And covered with a mix of 6 eggs with 1/2 cup of milk

The crustless quiche baked for 40 minutes at 375. :)

We paired the quiche with some spicy hashbrowns and called it dinner. Yum.

Dessert was a Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup.

I wonder if I can talk Justin’s into making Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups. Maybe? ;)

Have you ever had 1.5 seconds (or 15 minutes) of fame before? What were you on?

I was in a commercial once that people from my hometown semi-recognized me from. That was fun. :)

1 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 25, 2011 at 10:38 pm

love breakfast for dinner. that quiche looks delicious!!

2 Sweet and Savvy October 25, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Woohoo! Look at you On TV! :) thats Awesome!

Anddd Why did I not know Justin’s made PB cups?? Innn heaven thinking about them!

3 Army Amy* October 25, 2011 at 10:43 pm

My picture was in the newspaper when I was 10. There was a tiny blip if an article reporting on the lemonade stand I ran with a friend! That’s as close as I ever got to fame.*

4 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:13 am

Lemonade Stand? Must have been some big business to track the local press! :)

5 Michelle October 25, 2011 at 10:52 pm

No 15 seconds of fame for me. One day, I’m sure :)

6 Sana October 25, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Humm, I have taped lots of fake TV commercials ;)

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 25, 2011 at 10:58 pm

that quiche looks so good! the only “fame” I’ve had was being on the Today show in the crowd when I was visiting NYC in high school. Haha I had my mother watch and record it!

8 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:16 am

I’ve done the same thing when I was in NYC! I stood in the crowd and recorded it at home hoping I could see my face. When we were in NYC in college you could see mine and my friend Emily’s signs in the background, but they did do a good close up of Derek in the crowd.

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 25, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Why have I never seen those dark chocolate PB cups from Justin’s? They look amazing! I’ve been in the newspaper and on the radio but not TV :(

10 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:17 am

I think they’re new! They’re still not available in Florida, but they’re all over the rest of the country in limited quantities.

11 Aleyta October 25, 2011 at 10:59 pm

That quiche looks amazing and I don’t even like eggs!

12 Kristen October 25, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I’m in the video ad for my Bootcamp class, think it’s just on YouTube for online advertising!

Did you know You are in the Ironman clip crossing the finish line with your sister in Augusta from the show Georgia Traveler that aired Sunday night on our local network in Atlanta! It highlights things to do around the state of Ga and they were featuring Augusta. Add another second to you fame LOL!!!

13 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:18 am

WHAT?!?! Just checked it out online and watched the whole segment – too funny! Thanks for the heads up!

14 Laura @ Backstage Balance October 25, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Thanks for sharing – i just dvr’ed the episode! That night was so much fun, I was with you ladies and am wondering if I’m in the clip as well.

15 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:18 am

You’re in it!!! You’re in it too!!!!!

16 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine October 25, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Aw Meghann, you are so adorable in the commercial! :)

17 Corey @ Learning Patience October 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Fun times on TV…we leave for our cruise tomorrow..thanks for all your awesome blogs to get me excited!
xoxo from Trinidad

18 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:19 am

Have fun!!!!

19 Corey @ Learning Patience October 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm

xoxo from Trinidad

20 Krystina (Organically Me) October 25, 2011 at 11:37 pm

That quiche looks awesome! …And now I want a cupcake.

21 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 25, 2011 at 11:47 pm

WAHoo! How cool, Meghann! I’ve had *fame* before in church magazines and on bulletin boards—so crazy seeing yourself in those things. Kinda fun, kinda don’t like it. Haha.

Your quiche looks awesome!

22 Laura October 25, 2011 at 11:54 pm

When I was in 8th grade I waited all night with my friends for NSync concert tickets. They ended up doing the “lottery” to determine the order of the line and my friend had the winning ticket, so we were first in line. We ended up with 5th row on the floor tickets for the concert and the news interviewed us. I, of course, was an irrational 13 year old and screamed and jumped up and down in the camera. And everyone at school saw it. We ended up recording the segment, I probably have it around here somewhere…

23 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:21 am

The same thing happened to me with a Hanson concert! There was the lottery that we won and ended up in killer seats, but sadly it wasn’t recorded. Too cool that you made it in an NSync video! I would have died back then for that chance. :)

24 Prathiba October 25, 2011 at 11:56 pm

SO COOL! I actually heart the cooking channel. Will have to track down a re-run and watch it.

My 15 mins of fame came when I put together the publicity for a really big food event in Austin called “Taste of Austin”. The interview was on TV and I was thrilled. I was also 15. haha.

25 Danica @ GirlsThatRun October 26, 2011 at 12:00 am

YUM! I have been dying to try those peanut butter cups ever since I discovered my Justin’s Addiction!

That’s so excited that you were on the Cooking Channel! Thank goodness for DVRs. I remember back when I was on the news for about half a second and I had people telling me they saw me, but I had no way to go back and see it!

26 Lena @Fit on the Rocks October 26, 2011 at 12:54 am

Woohoo for being on tv! That’s so cool even if it was a small cameo :) My 30 seconds of “fame” was being on a radio program to promote Take Back the Night on my campus one year. Not tv, but I was on the airwaves!

27 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife October 26, 2011 at 12:56 am

My BFF and I were on Sportscenter once. We were early to the Purdue/IU football game in 2004. The guys in front of us were painted, and we were just standing there chatting. (Boiler Up!)
Oh, and my friends were on Bridezillas. We were out for my friends bachelorette and they were taping an episode of bridezillas. http://strawberryjampackedlife.com/2010/06/06/meet-our-new-puppy/

28 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:22 am

Wait, your friend was in Bridezilla or they just happened to be taping at the same place you were at? Either way – that’s fun :)

29 Anne October 26, 2011 at 10:05 am

We were there while they were taping Bridezillas. We got all chummy with her “gay”. We had a gay, too and wanted to have a gay off. Ours totally would have won.

30 Jess October 26, 2011 at 3:29 am

I was in TV ad when I was 14 for a local swimming pool. It is only played in the Wellington region, and I now live in Auckland, so I just assumed it wasn’t playing anymore. Went to Wellington on a trip, went to the movies and sure enough they are still playing the ad, 7 years later! My boyfriend and I got a fright seeing 14 year old me several metres high and on a movie screen!

31 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 26, 2011 at 6:41 am

I watched it and totally missed you! Now I’ll have to rewatch. Were the cupcakes good? We watched it for Hollis, the owner of Sweet in Orlando. I love her cupcakes!

32 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:24 am

I thought it was so funny that Sweet was on there too and I’ve totally been to the Festival of Trees before! It’s a small, small cupcake world. :)

Mission Mini’s cupcakes were good! They were there the year before and I fell in love with this pumpkin spice cupcakes. :)

33 Hillary October 26, 2011 at 7:07 am

I worked for an AmeriCorps program in college and, when I was a junior, ended up being one of the “poster girls” in their new promotional campaign. My face was on brochures and packets, and even the website!

34 Hope October 26, 2011 at 7:22 am

That is awesome! I’m going to have to dvr it and watch it! So cool! :) Your dinner looks delicious too! :)

I was on TRL back in the day requesting a video when I was in Times Square. That was pretty cool! Everyone in high school said they saw me on tv. I felt like a celeb. ;) My sister and I went to a taping of Paula’s Party (Paula Deen from the Food Network) back when that show aired. We were actually in quite a few clips.

35 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:26 am

I was on TRL too! In 2007 my friend Emily, Derek, and I went to a taping when we were *gulp* 22. I think we were the oldest ones in the crowd at the time, but we didn’t care – it was TRL and we were reliving our youth. Did you get to try any of the food at Paula’s Party? I’ve been to a filming of Regis and Kelly before, but you couldn’t see us in the crowd and I missed out on the yummy chocolate covered strawberries they were giving to the crowd.

36 Hope October 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

That is awesome! I miss the days of TRL! :)

Yeah, we did get to try a few things at Paula’s Party. Wow, I would love to go to a taping of Regis & Kelly! So jealous.

37 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:42 am
38 Ali @ Ali Runs October 26, 2011 at 7:38 am

I’ve never had any seconds of fame! Loved the Chevy commercial – I remember reading your blog back when you were participating in that. Loved your short hair! :)

39 Amanda October 26, 2011 at 8:47 am

I was on the cover of the Boston Globe with a couple of friends in high school, but that’s about it. haha

I’ll have to check out the new Cupcake Confidential show. Did you watch the whole episode? Curious what your thoughts were if you did. :)

40 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 9:28 am

I did watch it and it was your typical cupcake show. I probably found it more interesting than most because it focused on the Foodbuzz event (though the team seemed a little melodramatic) and it featured one of my favorite cupcake shops in Orlando – Sweet!

41 Sarah October 26, 2011 at 9:40 am

Mmmh that quiche looks good! I was wondering what’s happenig with your sister’s blog, it seems it cannot be accessed anymore?

42 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 10:03 am

She made it private for person reasons. You can still follow her on twitter at @bneathitall

43 Elisabeth October 26, 2011 at 9:53 am

I was on TV for quiz bowl in high school (dork…) ;)

44 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 26, 2011 at 9:56 am

Did you miss the crust on the quiche? I only ever eat the insides, but love the creamy texture of a quiche vs a frittata. That looks great.

45 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 10:03 am

Nope, the crust was not missed. I never make my quiche with crusts anyways, I honestly forget they’re supposed to have them sometimes.

46 Shae October 26, 2011 at 10:30 am

15 minutes of fame- probably a feature and photograph in the New York Times for my graduate program!

47 skinnyrunner October 26, 2011 at 11:23 am

i was on the tyra banks show about 5 years ago, me and my best friend were on a fashion segment. pretty embarrassing actually.

48 Cait's Plate October 26, 2011 at 11:33 am

Haha! That is so cool!

Quiche is something that’s so easy, filling and healthy and something that I NEVER think to make. I really need to change that.

49 Lew Kizer October 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I love being famous!!! thank you for noticing my fame. You know I owe it all to you and your ability to smash a cupcake in my face and my wife for producing two amazing little people. Have a great day.

50 Clare @ Fitting It All In October 26, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I played the harp on Trading Spaces once:)

51 Dori October 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Very cool! My biggest claim to fame was my Bing.com video, that was the first time I ever had a camera stick with me all day long, got makeup and hair done, get interviewed, etc. Loved it! I was also in a Nickelodeon commercial in 5th grade, it was a bunch of fast words about community service like “care clean visit share do” or something. They came to my school to film that since we were a service learning magnet school.