Model for the Morning

by Meghann on October 20, 2011

Meet Cat.

Hi Cat!

Cat is an amazing triathlete/blogger/photographer/all-around-awesome person who I had the pleasure of competing in Augusta with last month. She kicked my butt in the swim and bike (obviously), but we found each other on the run when Cat decided her shoes weren’t cutting it for her anymore and ran the last lap barefoot (she’s hardcore like that).

If that’s not enough to show to prove just how awesome she is, check out her blog, The Sexual Triathlete, I believe the title says it all. I have to give mad respect for anyone who is willing to get the truth out there on what it’s really like to do the dirty deed after a 3 hour session on the trainer or 10 mile run. So true and so hilarious.

Cat also knows her way around the camera (as evident on her photography website) and graciously agreed to take a few photos of me for some upcoming projects I have. Love her. We were supposed to meet yesterday, but when Cat asked to postpone so we could ‘make magic’ with the Orlando sunrise, I knew I had to trust her gut – she is the best after all.

Before I met Cat at sunrise, I had a bowl of oatmeal with craisins, apple, peanut butter, and granola.

I used my sister’s quick oats with a splash of milk and water for extra thick oats.

Cat had a whole morning of shots planned for us, including some gorgeous sunrise tri-themed photos near Rollins college.

And some business/fun shots at Credo Cafe near downtown.

Our props were extra tasty. Peanut Butter & Jelly Bar + Hot Chai Latte = Yum!

IMG_0140.JPG IMG_0139.JPG

Cat was so much fun to work with and – let me tell ya – if you’re ever feeling blue – take some photos with Cat and she’s sure to boost your self esteem. It was lots of ‘Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Turn to the left. That’s beautiful! Tilt your chin down. Perfect!‘ I probably ended the session with my head about 10 times bigger than it should be, but I don’t care – it was just so much fun!

I can’t wait to see all the photos and what ‘magic’ she was able to work up. 😉

After we wrapped up, I headed to Infusion Tea and met an old co-worker for lunch at Infusion Tea. It’s always fun to play catch up and hear that things really never change when you leave your place of employment. Sounded like a lot of the same old, same old, from the 2.5 years I was there.

I ordered my Infusion Tea stand-by:

1/2 Tempeh Chili

1/2 Milton Salad w/ beets, hummus, tabouli, and a balsamic reduction

Just as delicious as I remembered.

There was a minor hiccup when I realized I had left my laptop power cord in Tampa (where is my head lately?!), but nothing a little trip to Best Buy couldn’t fix. And if you were wondering – like I was – yes, Best Buy does carry Apple power cords. 😉

I’m on my way to my parents to hitch a ride up north for the weekend. They’re escaping to the mountains to experience fall and they invited me to join them. This should be fun!

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 20, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I really like her name.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Stealing Joy From A Baby

2 Cait's Plate October 20, 2011 at 4:24 pm

HAHA! Best comment ever.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Cracked Acorn

3 Krissy @ Shiawase Life October 20, 2011 at 2:27 pm

That lunch looks AMAZING….mmm.

I’m sure your pics turned out AWESOME!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..(Why We Run) Wednesday.

4 Hillary October 20, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I can’t get past the PB&J bar. Need it.
Hillary recently posted..Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili

5 melissa October 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm

salad looks amazing! I want one right now!!
melissa recently posted..Will Run for Cheese

6 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm

WHat fun!! I love working with a good photographer–it makes a HUGE difference!!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Exercise Inspirations + Thankful Thursday

7 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 20, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I must get my photography portfolio up soon. Can’t wait to see the photos 🙂

Ok, smack me. I miss Infusion tea. Haven’t return since our last lunch, remember? 🙂
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Stereotypes

8 Erin @ GoBananasBlog October 20, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Are you going to TN? If so, I am too! They are calling for snow so dress warm!

9 Meghann October 20, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I am! And I didn’t know about snow! I hope I packed enough warm clothes!

10 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com October 20, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I need a photographer friend to mentor me! 🙂 That salad looks amazing – I love beets!
Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com recently posted..Squash It

11 Hope October 20, 2011 at 3:17 pm

That is so fun! I cannot wait to see the pictures 🙂
Hope recently posted..A Butternut Squash Filled Evening…

12 Christie October 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Can’t wait to see the pictures. Sounds like you had a fabulous morning!! Have a great weekend with the parents to!
Christie recently posted..Things I’m thankful for

13 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 20, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Ah I love the Appalachians in the fall! The colors are gorgeous, have fun!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Carrot Cake Oats!

14 Carissa October 20, 2011 at 3:42 pm

ohhhh I can’t wait to see the pics!!!
Carissa recently posted..Skinny Italian Turkey Lasagna

15 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep October 20, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I LOVE Credo!!! I want to move to College Park just to be near Credo and College Park Yoga.
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Disney’s 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Recap

16 Alaina October 20, 2011 at 4:25 pm

It’s so much fun having professional photos done. 🙂 I can’t wait to see yours!
Alaina recently posted..Getting Healthy with Poland Springs & A Giveaway

17 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 20, 2011 at 4:34 pm

love that lunch!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Sugar and spice, and everything nice

18 Ashleigh October 20, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Looks like a fun photo shoot! Can’t wait to see the final product!
Ashleigh recently posted..Easy Weeknight Tacos

19 Corey @ Learning Patience October 20, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Fun…getting your picture taken is always a blast! Heading over to check out her website now!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Peach Crisp = VERY Happy Husband

20 MegaNerd October 20, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I’m jealous… I miss Infusion Tea SO MUCH!!!!!
MegaNerd recently posted..Philadelphia Marathon Training: Week 13

21 Shaun @ snackasaurusrex October 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Photo shoot sounds like fun…I want one!
Shaun @ snackasaurusrex recently posted..GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL!!!!

22 Ariel @ AriTiana January 13, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I love taking photos and I would love a peanut butter & jelly bar right now!
Ariel @ AriTiana recently posted..Time with the Hubs