Happy in Love

by Meghann on October 11, 2011

Remember those free drinks I was after? Found them.

Gotta love Carnival’s loyalty program.

If you’ve sailed on Carnival before (this is my 5th Carnival cruise – cruises are ridiculously cheap and easy vacations when you grow up less than 20 minutes from a cruise port) they give you a shiny gold card and throw you a little party with free drinks, entertainment, and fancy hors devours. Score!

I had my fair share of red wine and champagne during the 45 minute event.

IMG_4397.jpg

Derek and I also split a tiny plate of cheese and olives.

Of course, that tiny plate did nothing for our hunger. After the party we headed upstairs for some chips and salsa to keep our hunger at bay until it was time for dinner.

While waiting I became a little obsessed with our formal portraits.

What do you think? Worth $20?

I love how happy we look in that one. πŸ™‚

Side note: The necklace is from Target and the dress was from the sales rack at Dillards – it’s the same one I wore for the cocktail party at the Healthy Living Summit this year. πŸ˜‰

Dinner was delicious, but I’ve come to expect nothing less.

There was french bread

A fruit plate

And turkey in honor of Canada’s Thanksgiving! When I ordered it our server wished me a Happy Thanksgiving, so Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends!

The tiramasu I ordered for dessert was my favorite part of the meal. It was really rich and creamy – I licked my plate clean.

The ship is so peaceful and beautiful at night.

Derek and I walked a few laps of the ship and set a new record of staying out until the wee hours of 11:30pm.

IMG_4412.JPG IMG_4414.JPG

Whoa! Party animals!

Speaking of animals…

I’ve got this one.

It’s a scorpion.

And I named him Scorpio.

Until I ate his eyes.

And kicked him off the bed in my sleep.

RIP Scorpio.

1 Caileigh October 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I think they’re adorable! Worth $20 to me.
Caileigh recently posted..Well hi.

2 Krissy - Shiawase Life October 11, 2011 at 6:45 pm

AHhhh these posts make me want to get back on a ship, pronto!

Your formal pics are adorable!!
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..It’s all GU.

3 Hillary October 11, 2011 at 6:51 pm

That first picture looks a little bit like Derek is smelling your ear ; )
Hillary recently posted..I Used To Be Fat

4 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) October 11, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I would love to go on a cruise! I went on a Scandinavian cruise with a friend two years ago and it was SO expensive, but so worth it! The food was amazing- easily the best part of taking a cruise.
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Chicago Marathon Recap

5 Tristen October 11, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Meghann you are so absolutely beautiful. And it looks like you guys are having sooo much! I wonder what you guys are planning for you cruise next year πŸ˜‰

6 Megan @ Life As Megan Knows It October 11, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Looks like you are both having a wonderful time!

Very cute photos πŸ™‚

7 Laura October 11, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Totally worth the $20!

I’ve always been a little “meh” about cruises, but you totally make me want to go on one! The husband will take some convincing though – he spent too much time on a boat in the Marines.
Laura recently posted..Monday Morning Motivation

8 Corey @ Learning Patience October 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Ohhh…I wonder if we will have one of those frequent carnival parties… So much fun! Hope y’all have a wonderful last days…

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Curried Zucchini Fritters

9 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Looks like you guys are having a blast! Thanks for info about the dress. πŸ˜‰
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Baked ziti

10 Ali @ Ali Runs October 11, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I also really liked the second picture! All of your posts are making me want to go on a cruise asap. I’ve never been on one!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Perfect Fall Run!

11 erica October 11, 2011 at 7:37 pm

i love those pictures! worth the $20 πŸ™‚
erica recently posted..condo progress: blinds!

12 Sara October 11, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Love the formal night pictures, you should buy them both!

Which Carnival cruise ship has been your favorite so far out of all of your trips? I went on Royal Caribbean for my first ever cruise this past March and my boyfriend and I wanted to give Carnival a try this summer!

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 11, 2011 at 7:49 pm

SOO cute. Totally worth 20$ to me–you look great, and SO happy πŸ™‚

Have fun! And swim some for me, mmmkay?! heh.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

14 Whitney October 11, 2011 at 8:13 pm

So I’ve been on vacation the last few days. Are you on the Carnival Destiny?? I’m pretty sure it’s the exact ship I was on two weekends ago! I went from Tampa to Cozumel and it was a music cruise: Rombello! Check it out, I think you’d like it πŸ˜€ Have fun!!

15 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner October 11, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Derek – that picture would look better with a RING on her finger! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..baby’s new home

16 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 11, 2011 at 8:23 pm

those photos are so cute!! very jealous of these delicious meals!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..my must have kitchen gadgets.

17 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run October 11, 2011 at 8:41 pm

LOL!!!
Ok, these 3 lines just cemented the fact that I must have a happy hour with you.
It’s a scorpion.
And I named him Scorpio.
Until I ate his eyes.

18 mary October 11, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I am in love with that second portrait of you guys. That is frame worthy!

So glad you’re having fun! You look beautiful! πŸ™‚
mary recently posted..Three Truth Tuesday: I Think I have ADD

19 Cheryl October 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm

OMG, you 2 are toooo cute, love the 2nd pic! Carnival should pay you to advertise for them!! These posts are making me want to go on a cruise also!!!

20 Sana October 11, 2011 at 9:08 pm

You are going to have so many pics from this vacation πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Day 11: Something Blue

21 Miranda October 11, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I think your Scorpio is actually a lobster!

22 Christine @ BookishlyB October 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I totally want to go on a cruise now, dang! When I went on the last Carnival one I almost went to the animal towel making workshop until I decided that maybe a buzzed adult working alongside kids may not be appropriate…
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Nonfiction Nagging- Maybe Baby

23 Lindsey October 11, 2011 at 9:35 pm

DID HE PROPOSE YET??? WE ARE ALL WAIIIITING!

24 Amy October 11, 2011 at 10:50 pm

haha I didn’t think about that at all…well, at least, not until I saw that first picture showcasing the ringless ring finger. If Lindsey is right, then that picture would be a great night before we got engaged keepsake! haha
Amy recently posted..I lie!

25 mindy October 11, 2011 at 9:39 pm

At first glance, it TOTALLY looked like that ring was on a different finger in those formal pictures…. πŸ˜‰
mindy recently posted..be the match.

26 Dani Eats Veggies October 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Omg those pictures are SO cute! You HAVE to buy them!
Dani Eats Veggies recently posted..Pittsburgh Half Marathon Recap

27 Meg October 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm

UM ADORABLE much?! Love it πŸ™‚

28 Cait's Plate October 11, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Aw you really do look so happy (and you look beautiful!) – love it!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Pumpkin Bandwagon

29 Reenie October 11, 2011 at 11:26 pm

cute pics πŸ™‚

30 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 11, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I loved those animals on my cruise. So cute!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tuesday Word Day: Winning Hands Down

31 Liz October 12, 2011 at 1:03 am

That turkey meal looks delicious! I need to get myself on a Carnival cruise, stat!

32 Britt @ Run with Britt October 12, 2011 at 5:38 am

Love the pictures! Totally worth $20 πŸ™‚ I haven’t been on a cruise since I was in 5th grade. Your pictures make me want to drive to the nearest port and hop on the first ship out. πŸ™‚
Britt @ Run with Britt recently posted..The Ultimate Stress Survival Guide

33 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine October 12, 2011 at 7:14 am

Those photos are completely adorable! You guys look gorgeous. I say definitely buy them. πŸ™‚
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Back Home Again …

34 Hope October 12, 2011 at 8:15 am

That is an aweome perk! You are lucky that you grew up so close to a cruise port. I absolutely love the 2nd picture of you and Derek! So cute πŸ™‚ You look so pretty!
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Macy’s Sip & Scan Event…

35 Samantha October 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

Those pictures of you two are adorable! Definitely worth the $20. Go for it and frame ’em when you’re home!
Samantha recently posted..Speed Work

36 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 12, 2011 at 10:03 am

I’ve only ever been on one “real” vacation with my bf. It wasn’t a cruise but it was down south. All of my friends and colleagues were telling me about the fabulous towel animals that the housekeeping staff can do. πŸ™ all I got was a towel rolled into a roll … maybe it was supposed to be a cigar?
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..Do You Exercise When Sick?

37 Laurie October 12, 2011 at 10:09 am

Loveeeeeeeeee the pictures!!! Yes, definitely worth the $20.oo! You’re a good looking couple!

38 Jen October 12, 2011 at 10:16 am

Definitely worth $20! Love them both, especially # 2. You guys look fantastic! πŸ™‚

39 Girly October 12, 2011 at 10:23 am

I think we are all waiting what’s going on!!! Please update!!
Girly recently posted..Be the master of experiments

40 Wendi @ A Southern Yogi October 12, 2011 at 11:21 am

my fav thing about your posts the last couple of days have been the towel animals. awesomest ever.
Wendi @ A Southern Yogi recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday – Biggest Loser Edition

41 Amy October 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm

You have to buy those pictures! They are great of both of you and sooooo sweet!!! I hope you are having a total blast on your vacation. Live it up! You deserve it ironwoman! πŸ™‚

42 Erin October 12, 2011 at 2:22 pm

i think that towel is a walrus….

43 Julie October 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm

To be totally honest, I wouldn’t buy those pictures. You both look really happy, but the posing with the hand is really awkward. It looks like you are showing off an engagement ring (but you aren’t) or you are awkwardly framing his ear with your fingers. You both look really good, so I bet you have better pictures where you didn’t have a photographer put you in a terrible pose!

44 Shaun @ snackasaurusrex October 12, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Great pics and I love the necklace from Target!!

45 Carissa October 13, 2011 at 10:42 pm

You guys are so cute! Kyle is scared of cruises and being “trapped” on the boat and I’m sad about it because they are cheap and easy! And an “eaters” paradise.

You guys win the “cutest couple” award..although for some reason I’m waiting for a post with some “bling”???? huh??? haha
Carissa recently posted..Time to Detox

46 Sophie October 22, 2011 at 5:41 am

Glad to see I’m not the only person that feels obliged to take full advantage when the drinks are free!
Sophie recently posted..Half Term!