Formal Night

by Meghann on October 10, 2011

We make this cruise look good. πŸ˜‰

IMG_4306.jpg

Formal night is my favorite night of any cruise. Who doesn’t like dressing up and enjoying a fancy meal? I know I do!

Before getting all fancy, we enjoyed the sun just a tad bit longer.

IMG_4286.JPG IMG_4282.JPG

Pre-prep ice cream was a given.

Not the best ice cream ever, but it was cold and refreshing. πŸ™‚

Then it was time to get all fancy

IMG_4293.jpg IMG_4294.jpg

I told you we make this cruise look good. πŸ˜‰

I thought there would be free cocktails (aren’t there usually free cocktails on formal nights?!), but it turns out they only had $1 off drink specials. Boo.

So, we enjoyed out $$ cocktails while watching football in the lounge.

IMG_4304.JPG IMG_4302.JPG

I had a Blue Moon and enjoyed every sip.

I told Derek we don’t look this good every night, so we had to take advantage with LOTS of photos.

IMG_4316.JPG IMG_4314.JPG IMG_4311.JPG IMG_4312.JPG

He was a good sport about it too. πŸ˜‰

Our formal dinner started with a glass of the leftover wine from the previous night. There was just enough for each of us to have a generous glass with our meals.

French bread x2 (I was HUNGRY)

My first starter was the pumpkin soup. The chicken stock base gave the soup a very meaty taste that I wasn’t too big of a fan of with the pumpkin.

My second starter was the alligator fritters. Nothing like alligator fritters to make me feel like I’m back in good ole Florida. Yum.

It wouldn’t be formal night without LOBSTER! Our whole table enjoyed every buttery bite (a couple of people even asked for two!)

Derek enjoyed the lobster, then moved on to the prime rib. He was a happy boy. πŸ™‚

Dancing time!

Our waiters serenaded us with ‘It’s Amore” before moving on to dessert.

Speaking of dessert…. Bread pudding?!?! YES, PLEASE!! πŸ™‚

I left So. Full. I could only manage half of my dessert, but polished off everything else. It would a good evening for food on the ship.

For the second night in a row Derek and I peaced out on the evening activities and were fast asleep by 10:30pm. We decided we’re here to relax and there’s no point trying to force ourselves to stay up and party when all we want to sleep. Sleep is good. πŸ™‚

1 Heidi October 10, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Very cute dress! Where is it from?

2 Britt @ Run with Britt October 10, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Love that dress!! Where is it from? Y’all make a very good looking couple. πŸ™‚
I have been on one cruise and by far formal night was my favorite.
Britt @ Run with Britt recently posted..Marathon Training Week 13 Recap

3 allison @ thesundayflog October 10, 2011 at 5:25 pm

ahhh i love these recaps! formal nights were the best. and i am ashamed to admit i ate my body weight in frozen yogurt during our cruise. i probably had 3 servings a day, everyday! hahah whooooops
allison @ thesundayflog recently posted..Sunday Dinner: Oktoberfest and Mexican Salads

4 Hillary October 10, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Two orders of lobster?
Now that’s what I call vacation.
Hillary recently posted..Tastes Like Tradition

5 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run October 10, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Really like the dress/necklace combo! And Derek cleans up pretty nice over there too. πŸ™‚

But in bed by 10:30 two nights in a row? That’s gotta be breaking some type of Cruise Law, right? Hee.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Quick and Painful

6 Shanna, Like Banana October 10, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Ow ow! Hot! Love the turquoise / orange combo!
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..28+ Week Update: weight, kick count, and c-sections

7 kirsten October 10, 2011 at 5:41 pm

You guys look great, love the dress!

8 Heather @ Side of Sneakers October 10, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Ahh I LOVE the orange + blue combo! So fun & perfect for a cruise (which I’m pretty jealous of, by the way.;))

9 Army Amy* October 10, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Y’all look so cute!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Our Love Story: 3,650 Days

10 Laura October 10, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Orange and turquoise… LOVEEEE!
Laura recently posted..Monday Morning Motivation

11 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 10, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Formal night is the best! You two look so great! I’m jealous of your lobster dinner. The food is always my favorite part of any cruise.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Bonefish

12 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 10, 2011 at 5:53 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE that necklace / earrings combo!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Viva le France!

13 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 10, 2011 at 6:19 pm

loving the orange and blue combo!!

is it just me or is anyone else waiting for a proposal?!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..black bean brownies.

14 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 10, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I love that orange dress!!! I forget- where’d you say it’s from? And alligator fritters?! Holy moly.. that’s a lot for this yankee to handle. πŸ˜‰
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Monday things: Taste of DC

15 amanda October 10, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I am going on a carnival cruise in a month! I cant wait to try their new menu! Make sure to try their strawberry fro yo- they don’t have it everyday so keep checking the soft serve machines it is soooooo good!

16 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT October 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I can’t stop going ON and ON and ON about your dress! Oh em gee! You’ve been officially “pinned” to my Style board on Pinterest. That turquoise and orange is fantastic!!
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..Get It Girl

17 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 10, 2011 at 6:43 pm

oh geez, I have been craving bread pudding!!! I’m glad you all are having such a great time!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..I Ran 7, Everyone Else Ran 26.2…

18 katie October 10, 2011 at 7:37 pm

You look so pretty! Love the orange dress and blue jewelry to go with it!!!!

The cruise I bet is amazing! Im jealous ; )

Enjoy the vacation!!!

19 Sana October 10, 2011 at 7:47 pm

You two look adorable! Do you get seasick? I could never go on a cruise!
Sana recently posted..Too Soon

20 Lauren October 10, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Formal nights were always my favorite nights on the cruise too! But how lousy is it that they make you pay a butt load for drinks!! I want an all inclusive cruise..then I’d really get my money’s worth. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..3 Things I am Loving Right Now

21 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 10, 2011 at 8:43 pm

You’re beautiful! Looks like a fun time. πŸ™‚ Enjoy your night!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Kickin’ It

22 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 10, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I LOVE your necklace and earrings. SOO great! You look super pretty!

And your food looks totally delish. I so want a vacation. Like right NOW! hah.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..BodyPUMP Release 79 Review

23 Hilary October 10, 2011 at 9:15 pm

love the outfit! where is the necklace from??

24 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 10, 2011 at 9:18 pm

That orange and turqoise combo is gorgeous on you!!! And I love formal nights too. Glad you’re having so much fun!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Still A Holiday For Me

25 Christie October 10, 2011 at 9:22 pm

You look stunning! Beautiful makeup, and dress/necklace combo! Love it πŸ™‚
Christie recently posted..The ultimate spaghetti & meatballs.

26 Lauren October 10, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Orange is a great shade on you! Super cute dress. Enjoy the rest of your vacay!
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

27 Christina @ Just Running October 10, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I’m glad to hear your ice cream was cold!

It looks like you guys are having a blast. The four pictures of you guys making faces are great. You should frame them just the way you have them arranged!
Christina @ Just Running recently posted..Home, Sweet Missile Base

28 Corey @ Learning Patience October 10, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I can’t wait for the lobster!!!! soooo excited! LOVE your orange dress!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..A History Lesson, Some Turkey and Winners Announced!

29 Prathiba October 10, 2011 at 10:30 pm

you guys look so cute! also, i love your dress. you’ve worn this before right? from HLS or something?
Prathiba recently posted..Recent Eats

30 Glamorous Newlywed October 10, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Ya’ll look adorable! Love your jewelry πŸ™‚
Glamorous Newlywed recently posted..Working on Some Outfit Ideas…

31 Katie October 10, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Cute outfit!!! I love the orange and turquoise! Good colors for you!
Katie recently posted..Monday Recovery

32 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 10, 2011 at 11:37 pm

You look great! Love the dress and color!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..a β€œhow sweet” week

33 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 10, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Sleep IS good and you guys DO make the ship look good! Fancy that! πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday – Feist

34 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 10, 2011 at 11:57 pm

I love that dress!! Orange is the perfect color for you!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Susan G Komen Race for the Cure Recap!

35 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife October 11, 2011 at 12:09 am

With that big jewelry you remind me of Wilma Flintstone! πŸ˜€ Love the bright colors though.

36 Ali @ Ali Runs October 11, 2011 at 7:20 am

Blue Moon is my favorite beer! I just tried their Pumpkin Harvest Ale and that was also delicious! Highly recommend it! πŸ™‚ Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Perfect Fall Run!

37 Hope October 11, 2011 at 8:17 am

You and Derek look so cute together! πŸ™‚ I love the orange/torqouise color combo! So pretty!

Dinner looks fabulous! I wouldn’t mind having a lobster tail for dinner!
Hope recently posted..A Simple, Yet Delicious Dinner…

38 Sarah October 11, 2011 at 9:10 am

You look stunning, Meghann! Love the bright orange dress with the turquoise jewelry. Just beautiful!
Sarah recently posted..Babies and Apples

39 Halley (Blunder Construction) October 11, 2011 at 9:18 am

Love the orange + turquoise, such a smart look and perfect for the fall season!

40 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine October 11, 2011 at 9:47 am

Looks like so much fun. πŸ™‚ You guys look great—love the dress!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Back Home Again …

41 Cait's Plate October 11, 2011 at 9:52 am

AH!! You look SO cute!! I love that entire outfit! Blue and orange are such a cute color combo πŸ™‚ Love the hair too!

You two clean up nicely πŸ˜‰
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Break the Rut

42 Katie October 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Love your outfit: orange and blue, Go Gators! Sorry, I couldn’t help it πŸ˜‰ Dinner looks delish!

43 Danielle October 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Those are great colors for you, girl! Great pics of you and Derek! Glad you’re enjoying your vacation… you deserve it!

44 Nicole October 12, 2011 at 12:03 am

The food looks amazing! I must talk my hubby into a cruise!
Nicole recently posted..Fitblog and Fruit bowls

45 Katie October 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I always love formal nights on cruises! That and the unlimited food…which can get you in trouble but is oh so nice (I love being able to try new things with no fear; you can always order something else!). My husband would have been on lobster #3 or 4…he’s a freak for it!
Katie recently posted..Vacation Novices

46 Sophie October 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm

You look beautiful – I love the dress, the orange really suits you!
Sophie recently posted..Consequences & Apologies.