Jump Around

by Meghann on September 29, 2011

Good Morning. πŸ™‚

I did something this morning I haven’t done in a while – I had a mini living room bootcamp.

I used to do these all the time, but training took over my life and pushed most other forms of exercise out (except for swimming, cycling, and running, of course ;)). It felt great to just jump around for a while.

Previous boot camps:

(side note: those old posts make me miss living in an apartment complex. just a little.)

I started with a two mile warm up jog around the neighborhood with Maddie. Maddie was less focused on running this morning and more focused on sniffing all the light poles we came across. My little runner turned into a little sniffer. πŸ˜‰

Then I headed back to the house, put on Felicity (she picked Ben!) and got to work.

• 2 mins Jumping Jacks
  • 2 mins High Knees
  • 2 mins Butt Kicks
  • 2 mins Jump Rope
  • 1 min lunges
  • 1 min Squats
  • 1 min Burpees
  • 30 sec Push Ups
  • 1 min Sit Ups
  • REPEAT TWICE!

Total TIme = One Felicity Episode πŸ™‚

I ended hot and sweaty. Perfect excuse for a cold smoothie.

Pumpkin smoothies! I almost forgot about pumpkin smoothies until some tweeters brought it up over twitter yesterday. As soon as I saw it mentioned, I knew I was having one in the morning.

Pumpkin Smoothie

• Pumpkin
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Ice
  • Vanilla Extract
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Ground Flaxseed
  • Brown Sugar

Blend and serve.

IMG_4168.jpg

Mmm….. pumpkin. Tastes just like liquid pumpkin pie. πŸ™‚

I paired the smoothie with an english muffin – half honey peanut butter and half strawberry jam.

I have to throw this one out there for Derek…

GO RAYS!!!

πŸ˜‰

1 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 29, 2011 at 9:48 am

I had my first pumpkin smoothie last week. So good <3
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Food from the past

2 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday September 29, 2011 at 9:49 am

That sounds like a really good cardio circuit!

3 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 29, 2011 at 9:50 am

I love a good boot camp workout<—kicks my butt every time!

Love the smoothie idea! Gotta have one today πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Boredom Eating + Thankful Thursday

4 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 29, 2011 at 9:51 am

I love living room workouts in front of a good TV show!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Mellow Mushroom

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 29, 2011 at 9:54 am

Yumm pumpkin smoothies are my favourite in the fall! And great workout! I love at-home bootcamps – just proves you don’t need a gym to get fit!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..September Goal Check-In

6 Khushboo September 29, 2011 at 9:57 am

Liquid pie- now that’s something I could get on!
Khushboo recently posted..Go for goal!

7 Megan @ Life As Megan Knows it September 29, 2011 at 10:00 am

Your smoothie looks delish! Yum!!
Megan @ Life As Megan Knows it recently posted..the plan

8 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 29, 2011 at 10:05 am

I do a boot camp at home every morning. It’s called 20 solid minutes of cleaning up and avoiding toys. I really must make you look forward to multiplying.

9 Cait's Plate September 29, 2011 at 10:11 am

Mmm that smoothie looks SO good. I LOVE that brown sugar addition!

I’m so excited for the Rays! That was a GREAT game last night – so happy to see them win it! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..A Thursday Tale

10 mary September 29, 2011 at 10:11 am

I heard last night was epic in the world of baseball… Too bad I fell asleep watching SVU haha!
mary recently posted..Thank Goodness for Runner’s World

11 Amanda September 29, 2011 at 10:13 am

Thanks for this recipe, it looks much healthier than the pumpkin pie milkshake I’ve made three times in the last week.

12 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) September 29, 2011 at 10:18 am

Iced pumpkin pie?! I’m so in. It’s about time I use that juicer/blender I bought months ago, and I just scored some new cans of Libby’s pumpkin at Target yesterday. πŸ™‚
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Half marathon raincheck

13 Allie @ PickyEatingRD September 29, 2011 at 10:19 am

I’m not much of a baseball fan but def. caught the end of that game. How exciting!
Allie @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..5 Random FNCE Ramblings

14 Hope September 29, 2011 at 10:23 am

I really wish I had a blender! That pumpkin pie smoothie looks amazing!!! I am definitely going to have to save this recipe! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Some Of My September Favorites…

15 Sue September 29, 2011 at 10:24 am

The “Go Rays” caught my attenion this morning. I am in Canada (Calgary) and I have a son (7) that of course cheers for the Calgary Flames in hockey, but his second favorite hockey team is the Lightning. His favorite NFL team is the Bucs and favorite ball team is the Rays. We have never been to Tampa Bay, so I find this love of all teams in Tampa quite amusing. A month ago my son told his dad the Rays could still make the play offs (they were 10 games back). My husband bet him dinner out that they couldn’t (he really did not think they could). He had to tell him this morning he owes him a dinner out πŸ™‚ Just thought I would share (for Derek!!).

Great job in the HIM!!! Congrats.

16 Meghann September 29, 2011 at 11:54 am

Ha! That is so cute! Let me know if you ever have any problems getting Tampa gear up there, I’ll be happy to send some your way. πŸ™‚

17 Corey @ Learning Patience September 29, 2011 at 10:24 am

Love living room boot camps….we do them every other morning in our house. My husband is always wondering what torture I will put him thru next! It definitely keep us on our toes!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..5 Things That Made Me Smile Today

18 Hilary September 29, 2011 at 10:57 am

WOOOO RAYS!

19 Carla @ Will Run for Health September 29, 2011 at 11:12 am

As someone who LOVES all things pumpkin it shames me to say that I can’t quite bring myself to make smoothie with the stuff. I should probably just get over my fear and do it!

20 mi-an d. September 29, 2011 at 11:18 am

I love bootcamp sesh! have you ever tried doing bodyrock.tv training with zuzana? she’s pretty awesome. her workouts are short but super duper intense. also, i’m an SF Giants fan (they’re out of playoffs this year but we did win World Series Last year!) and it seems like the Rays pulled what the Giants did last year! yeah!!! i’m rooting for them this year!!

21 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 29, 2011 at 11:19 am

haha, funny shout out at the end. i can’t say i’m a rays fan, but as a chicago girl, i hate the red sox and am VERY happy with tampa bay πŸ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..creamy butternut squash + apple soup.

22 Hillary September 29, 2011 at 11:23 am

Living room bootcamps are my go-to “I don’t feel like going to the gym” workouts. Love ’em!
Hillary recently posted..Outside the Box

23 Deva @ Deva by Definition September 29, 2011 at 11:35 am

Living room workouts are my go-to when I want to sleep in! I miss having lit tennis courts at our complex. They were great for mid-fall, early-spring games of catch!
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..#fitblog: Makin Time to Sweat!

24 Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) September 29, 2011 at 11:39 am

I don’t think I’ve ever made a pumpkin smoothie but I have all these ingredients in my kitchen so… it’s happening soon! Yum.
Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) recently posted..Thankful Thursday

25 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 29, 2011 at 11:39 am

That sounds like an awesome workout—and an awesome smoothie! I’ve never tried a pumpkin smoothie but I will be now. πŸ™‚
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Wine Tasting in Santa Barbara

26 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio September 29, 2011 at 1:07 pm

The Rays game was UNREAL!! Fantastic win!

That pumpkin smoothie looks awesome! Will have to try soon
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Locus of Control

27 Michelle September 29, 2011 at 1:46 pm

My husband is so disappointed in the red sox
Michelle recently posted..Germany Observations: Part II

28 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 29, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Umm this is absolutely perfect… I’ve been trying to decide what kind of cardio workout I want to do later today, so when I saw your bootcamp idea, I immediately was sold on it. ESPECIALLY when you mentioned Felicity while doing it because I’ve been watching it on Netflix nonstop these days. PERFECT. Thank you, thank you.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..DIY Pumpkin Spiced Latte

29 Chuck September 30, 2011 at 12:40 am

So feeling back to normal it seems like?
Chuck recently posted..Welcome to Augusta

30 Meghann September 30, 2011 at 8:45 am

Pretty much. How about you?

31 Sophie @ threetimesf September 30, 2011 at 11:47 am

Oooh, I mioght try a bootcamp workout this weekend – thanks for the great idea!
Sophie @ threetimesf recently posted..Thought For Friday!

32 Ashley October 1, 2011 at 11:59 pm

LOVE Felicity! Thank you for reminding me that I own these on DVD and could definitely work out to them. Team Noel!
Ashley recently posted..The Paris Wife