more ยป" />

Easy Swim

by Meghann on September 19, 2011

Good Morning!

Hard to believe it’s Monday already. Even harder to believe it’s the Monday before my half ironman. Where does the time go?!

The plan this week is to take it easy. It’s my final taper week and I want my legs and arms to be as fresh as possible come Sunday.

I kicked off the week with a little swim in the pool. Nothing strenuous, just some drills to get some pool time in.

• 200 Easy
  • 200 Kick board
  • 200 Pull buoy
  • 200 Breast stroke
  • Repeat

Total: 1600

Breakfast was a welcomed bowl of cereal.

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Mini Wheats
  • 1/2 cup Erewhon Brown Rice Crispies with Berries
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Plum
  • Cinnamon

The sprinkle of cinnamon really made the bowl. Yum.

Emmys

Who watched the Emmys last night?!?!

Unfortunately a lot of my predicted winners lost, but I was happy to see a big win go to Melissa McCarthy from Mike and Molly. I’ve been a HUGE fan of Melissa since her days as Sooki on Gilmore Girls, as well as the shot lived Samantha Who? (am I the only that watched that show). She is hilarious and deserved the win. ๐Ÿ™‚

Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 9.41.29 AM.png

(source)

And we can’t talk about the Emmys without discussing the fashion!

Here are a few of my favorites from the evening:

Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 9.32.14 AM.png Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 9.32.54 AM.png Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 9.33.26 AM.png Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 9.34.20 AM.png

(source: eonline.com)

Of course, everyone looked gorgeous and there were only a couple ‘what were they thinking?’s *cough* Gwyneth Paltrow *cough*

Who were your favorites? Any surprises?

1 Tania @ Health Macadamia September 19, 2011 at 9:51 am

So jealous about your swimming! My “pool” is the one at our apartment complex outside but…the 60 degree days + rain mean the swimming season is over ๐Ÿ™
Tania @ Health Macadamia recently posted..Been Working at the…Watching Football

2 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 19, 2011 at 9:57 am

I love award shows! I was really happy to see Modern Family do well–I find that show hilarious. Kate Winslet was also looking great. She’s gotten so thin!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Banana cake

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 19, 2011 at 10:08 am

I only caught a minute of the show and saw Gwyneth Paltrow’s dress- definitely a ‘WTF’ choice!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Chicago Marathon Training- Week 10

4 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs September 19, 2011 at 10:09 am

I love Melissa McCarthy (GG fan here as well!) – but I really think she won for being so awesome on Bridesmaids. I think her her new show is kinda horrible. I WAS really happy that Mad Men won – it’s just such an amazingly awesome show!

Oh – and I loved Sofia Vergara’s dress. Can I have her body, please?

5 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. September 19, 2011 at 11:22 am

I agree – I think it was definitely due to Bridesmaids. I haven’t really seen her show, but she was top notch in the movie.
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..the cat’s pajama’s.

6 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife.com September 19, 2011 at 10:10 am

I didn’t get a chance to watch, since football was on. But yes, I totally watched “Samantha Who?” I hate how it was just cancelled and nothing was ever resolved. BOO!! Of course, I love that “Modern Family” won! That show is ridiculous! ๐Ÿ˜€
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife.com recently posted..Where was I? 9/11/2001

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 19, 2011 at 10:20 am

Great fashion picks! I didn’t tune into the Emmy’s but I really like Amber Riley (from Glee)’s dress!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Top 10 Tips for Staying Accountable to Health and Fitness Goals โ€“ Part 2

8 Cait's Plate September 19, 2011 at 10:32 am

I LOVE Melissa McCarthy!! I’ve been on a serious Gilmore Girls kick right now – and I LOVED her on Samantha Who? and in Bridesmaids as well. I haven’t seen her new show yet but I’m dying to!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..A Side of Gilmore

9 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 19, 2011 at 10:39 am

What the f was Juiliana Marguiles wearing? Was it a vase on top of a skirt? I think it may have been. Also? I love Jane Lynch more than ever.

10 Lindsey September 19, 2011 at 10:42 am

omg so glad you agree that Samantha Who was the best show ever! thanks for reminding me- maybe its on netflix and i cant watch it again . . .

and i think gwyneth just loves to show off her bod- she looks great, but the dress? not so much.
Lindsey recently posted..Birthday wishes and Emmy dresses

11 Meghann September 19, 2011 at 11:11 am

She has an AMAZING body, but I didn’t think that dress did it any justice.

12 Kristin September 19, 2011 at 10:49 am

I LOVE melissa – loved her on Gilmore Girls and Samantha Who. She is a woot and I am so glad she won! deserved!

13 Haley September 19, 2011 at 10:50 am

You were for sure not the only person who watched Samantha Who?…my roommate and I loved that show. I also love Melissa McCarthy–she was hilarious in Bridesmaids as well!

Enjoy your taper week before the big day–you deserve it!

14 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count September 19, 2011 at 10:57 am

I was so excited to see Modern Family do so well…that show is HILARIOUS and I love the interactions between the families. I esp love Sofia Vergara–she cracks me up!
Taylor @ Crumbs Don’t Count recently posted..Coming to a WordCamp Near You

15 Sana September 19, 2011 at 11:10 am

Happy Ironman week ๐Ÿ™‚

16 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. September 19, 2011 at 11:26 am

I thought the overall show itself was a bit dry – but Jane Lynch did a great job hosting!

I thought Lea Michele looked stunning – http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/09/18/lea-michele-emmys-2011-red-carpet/
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..the cat’s pajama’s.

17 Liz September 19, 2011 at 11:39 am

I, too, was super psyched to see Melissa win! I loved her in Bridesmaids, love Mike & Molly and have always been a Gilmore Girls fan ๐Ÿ™‚

My fav dresses were Kate Winslet & Heidi Klum ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Britt @ runwithbritt September 19, 2011 at 11:46 am

I didn’t get a chance to watch. I was a slave to anatomy homework last night. :(. I can’t wait to watch Fashion Police to hear what they think about the outfits.
Good luck in your race! I’m sure you will rock it!
Britt @ runwithbritt recently posted..Marathon Training Week 10 Recap

19 Elizabeth September 19, 2011 at 11:48 am

I loved Samantha Who?! It was such a funny show and was sad to see it leave

20 Deva @ Deva by Definition September 19, 2011 at 11:49 am

My “what is THAT?” moment was Juliana Marguiles dress. The bubbley things on it looked odd to me.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..A Baseball Weekend

21 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 19, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Pretty dresses! I just had some cereal with Greek yogurt and it was SO great ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Hilary September 19, 2011 at 12:43 pm

As a fellow Tampa Bay Girl… I saw this Creative Loafing deal today and thought you might be interested! Don’t know if you get these ones or not!

23 Meghann September 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm

haha – I saw this come through too! ๐Ÿ™‚

24 Biz September 19, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I loved the part where they pretended it was a beauty pagent – she killed in Bridesmaids!

I can’t believe your race is almost here – eek!
Biz recently posted..Tony found out about my secret.

25 mi-an d. September 19, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Sofia Vergara looked amazing!!! So happy Modern Family won so many awards!! and i’m bummed Game of Thrones didn’t win best drama.

26 Wendy September 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm

So it’s obvious to everyone that Samantha Who should not have been cancelled! Did you check out Christina Applegate’s new show? It’s called Up All Night and it’s pretty funny.

27 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I seriously heart Melissa McCarthy. She is hilarious and lovely and I’m glad Bridesmaids sort of catapulted her into more public glory.

That red dress is jaw-dropping!!
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Weekend Roundup

28 heatherfeather September 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I, too, was a victim of Sunday Night Football (in a good way ๐Ÿ™‚ )! I do love a red carpet, tho, and checked out the online pics. Sofia Vergara was stunning- her earrings were so pretty – and not matchy matchy

29 Meghann September 19, 2011 at 2:05 pm

That’s why we invested in two tvs ๐Ÿ˜‰ Still working on two DVRs though…

30 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 19, 2011 at 1:45 pm

i loved samantha who! have you seen “up all night”? christina applegate is funny as ever!

you took the words right out of my mouth… ummm, gwenyth — what?!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..an easy to follow post.

31 Meghann September 19, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I haven’t seen it yet, but I have it set to record this week!

32 Hillary September 19, 2011 at 2:10 pm

LOVE that Peter Dinklage (from Game of Thrones) won best supporting actor in a drama. He is absolutely phenomenal on that show—he definitely deserved it!
Hillary recently posted..A Successful Sunday

33 erica September 19, 2011 at 3:43 pm

LOVED nina dobrev’s dress!!!! it was stunning!
erica recently posted..wedding recap: ceremony

34 Army Amy* September 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I like the idea of Gwyneth’s dress, but not the execution. As in, I liked the color and sari look, but it was kind of unflattering in the middle.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Tyler Rose: 10 Mile Training Run

35 Kristin @ FoodFash September 19, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Ohhh I like the dresses you chose. I’m so into red right now!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Post-Run Breakfast

36 Sophie September 22, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I used to watch Samantha Who? too! I still do sometimes…. I <3 reruns!
Sophie recently posted..Life Wobbles & A Catch Up!