The Tire Lounge

by Meghann on September 15, 2011

I’ve had ‘buy new tires’ on my to-do list for weeks now. It’s one of those tasks you know has to be done, but really aren’t a fan of doing it.

Of course, I’m pretty sure you can say that about most grown-up tasks, right?

With the severe possibility of a blow-out happening in the near future, this afternoon I finally manned up and headed to the tire place to get it done.

Two hours, a couple hundred dollars, and a marathon of Rachael Ray, The Drs, and Judge Judy later… I had my tires.

Luckily waiting wasn’t bad thanks to free WiFi

And snacks.

Too bad the tire place wasn’t closer to a cute little coffee shop. Then it would have been the perfect afternoon. 🙂

I had fun playing in the kitchen for dinner this evening.

Let’s call this Mexican Chili. It didn’t start out that way, but that’s where it ended up.

Actually it started as vegetables in a pot, then it became soup, and finally chili. 😉

Vegetables

• Pepper
  • Flour

Cans

• Jalapeno Diced Tomatoes
  • Black Beans
  • Vegetable Broth

The veggies went in the pot first. Once they were soft I went heavy on the seasonings and let it all cook down. The cans were added last. Everything was left to simmer while the cornbread baked.

I found this easy recipe for cornbread via google and went for it.

Just a dab of butter to moisten it up a bit.

Finished off the last of the pumpkin cream cake for dessert. IMG_3126.JPG All gone. 🙂

Vampire Diaries premieres tonight! Eeekkkk!!!!!!!!

Good Night!

1 Courtney September 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Going to the mechanic can be so boring! I love that bowl, though. Where did you get it from? 🙂
Courtney recently posted..When Things Are Good, They’re Great!

2 Ali @ Ali Runs September 15, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I just bought a box of those granola bars recently and really liked the flavors but was not impressed with it overall. It got really sticky and kept getting stuck to the wrapper. I wonder if you had the same problems or maybe it was just the particular box I had?
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..My heart is so full of happy.

3 Meghann September 16, 2011 at 6:29 am

They were in the hls Swag bag and each one I’ve had has been really sticky and mess. You’re right, the flavor isn’t bad but the stickiness is a big turn off.

4 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 15, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I HATE doing stuff for the car. But le’SIGH, it is a must-do thing, unfortunately. But yes, with wi-fi, anything is better!

I adore cornbread with chili<—perfect Fall food.And yours looks positively delicious!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..What Are Calories ? + Thankful Thursday

5 Sana September 15, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I went to the bank yesterday. Being a grown up blowsss!

6 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 15, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Bean soup and cornbread warms my hillbilly heart.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..The Jets Under My Jammies.

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 15, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Mmmm I want some corn bread – that looked so tasty!!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fires and Friends

8 Corey @ Learning Patience September 15, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Can you even imagine how miserable you would have been if there was NO internet…? YIKES…

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..How I feel about Thursday…

9 Sweet and Savvy September 15, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I’m in love with your bowl!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Things I’m Loving Thursday

10 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm

another famous “throw everything in the bowl” meal by meghann! amazed with these creations you concoct 🙂

don’t you love when service shops has free wifi?!

11 Army Amy* September 15, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I wish I had eaten chili for dinner! It looks yummy!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Entitled

12 Carissa September 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Why do car places always, always, always, always, always have Judge Judy on???? Do they get a commission????
Carissa recently posted..Feels Like Home

13 River September 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Oooh, that means we’re exactly a week behind for vampire diaries – we’ve got the final tonight! I’m excited. Favourite show.
River recently posted..FOTD :: Roll On

14 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Would have loved a slice of the pumpkin cream cake. Sounds like baked goods perfection to me!

Worse than tire buying is car shopping. That ish took us like 4 visits to different dealerships, not to mention countless hours spent at each.
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Fashion Post- Riding Jacket

15 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I love chili in the fall! I have a favorite pumpkin chili that I’m dying to make.

16 Christine @ BookishlyB September 15, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Anything car related blows- both the time and money that goes into it.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Books on Your Back- Two for the Price of One

17 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 15, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Gah I’m a mechanic HATER. 🙁
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Legit Latkes

18 Deva @ Deva by Definition September 15, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I am not a fan of waiting on maintenance to be done on my car, but Wi-Fi definitely helps. A LOT.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..Forty-Five Degrees

19 Amy September 15, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Mmmm I love cornbread! It is so comforting on those cold, winter nights with a big bowl of soup!
Amy recently posted..Finding my way

20 Lara @TresLaLa September 16, 2011 at 12:07 am

While the chili looks great, I would have just had 3 or 4 (or 5?) slices of cornbread with butter. Love the bowl the chili’s in though!
Lara @TresLaLa recently posted..The TresLaLa Abode

21 Michelle September 16, 2011 at 12:42 am

I love that orange bowl! Very fall-ish

22 Hillary September 16, 2011 at 7:23 am

Meghann—do you think Derek’s mom would be willing to share that recipe for pumpkin cake? It looks so good, and I’ve been drooling every time you show a picture of it!
Hillary recently posted..Pie in a Bowl

23 Meghann September 16, 2011 at 11:20 am

It wasn’t her cake. Someone brought it in for her birthday last week and she saved me a piece because she knows how much I love pumpkin. 🙂

24 Hillary September 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Oh, snap! So close! Haha. Thanks anyway!
Hillary recently posted..Pie in a Bowl

25 Hope September 16, 2011 at 8:24 am

I hate sitting in car places waiting for the car to be repaired. It always takes forever! Dinner looks yummy though! I love that flower bowl. It’s so cute!
Hope recently posted..A New Discovery…

26 Becky @ Fit Chick on th Fly September 16, 2011 at 9:33 am

I know what you mean, I need to get my oil changed really bad and I’ve been putting it off. I hope they have free wi-fi too!

What program do you use to write your blogs on your mac?
Becky @ Fit Chick on th Fly recently posted..Chicago Dogs & Tuesday’s Circuit Workout

27 Meghann September 16, 2011 at 11:22 am

I uses Ecto. It’s a love/hate relationship, but it gets the job done. Most of the time.

28 Cait's Plate September 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm

LOVE the bowl!!

29 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner September 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Ugh, I just got tires about 2 weeks ago – they had been on my to-do list for over a year! All it took was a flat tire (luckily in the driveway) to get the Hubs to go get new tires.

Your chili looks delicious! What an awesome fall meal complete with pumpkin cake! Yum!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..on thursdays…