Keeping it Easy

by Meghann on September 14, 2011

Maddie says ‘Good Morning!’

Actually, I think she’s saying “Squirrel?!” but she just looks so cute dong it. 🙂

I made an executive decision this week – no more strength training until the half ironman is over. Also, last night was my last speed session. My legs feel shot right now and I want them nice and fresh come race day. That’s also why I kept it easy in the water this morning. No speed, no drills – just nice and easy with distance.

Warm Up

• 100 easy
  • 200 kick board
  • 200 pull buoy

Main Set

• 2 x 500 w/ 2 minute rest (was able to hit 10:10 & 10:04)

Cool Down

• 200 pull buoy
  • 100 easy

Total: 1800

Easy peasy.

Post-swim breakfast:

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Erewhon Cocoa Brown Rice Crispies
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Mini Wheats
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cherrios
  • crumbles of pumpkin cream cheese cake
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Raspberries

It’s a shame the containers of raspberries are so tiny and $$. They’re my favorite fruit, that I only get to enjoy a couple of weeks out of the year. I always make sure to savor every bite.

I flipped on my DVR this morning to a pleasant surprise: BRAND NEW episodes of Parenthood and 90210 recorded last night! Woo hoo!! Falll TV is back in session!!

Are there any new shows out there you’re looking forward to?! I’m scared to get attached to anything new, just in case it gets cancelled and breaks my heart in the process (happens every year!)

1 Mary @ food and fun on the run September 14, 2011 at 9:48 am

I am really looking forward to “Up All Night” and “Whitney” on NBC. They look hilarious!

2 Meghann September 14, 2011 at 9:53 am

I think Up All Night looks good! I have my fingers crossed for that one!

3 Ali @ Ali Runs September 14, 2011 at 9:50 am

I LOVE Raspberries too, but like you only buy them a few times a year because of the $$ aspect! It’s a shame, because they are one of my favorite fruits.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Fitting It All In

4 maria @ Chasing the Now September 14, 2011 at 9:50 am

The new Tim Allen show (can’t remember it’s name) looks pretty funny! I’m hopeful.
maria @ Chasing the Now recently posted..Bringing back balance

5 Meghann September 14, 2011 at 9:54 am

I think it looks funny too. Unfortunately I would put that on the ‘may not succeed list’ I wonder if there are any gambling sites where you can place bets on these show? 😉

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 14, 2011 at 9:51 am

Maddie is so cute!! Even though I rarely watch TV, I am looking forward to a new season of The Big Bang Theory because it gives me those nice belly laughs, and of course, Glee!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Recap: Try Something New Tuesday 74

7 Lindsey September 14, 2011 at 9:54 am

I’m actually excited for tv this season. Well, I’m actually excited to be able to watch tv this season. After two years of night school and training, my evenings are finally mine again! Bring on Sons of Anarchy, Parenthood, Community, 30 Rock, and Modern Family.
Lindsey recently posted..Righteous Runner’s School of Running

8 Amy September 14, 2011 at 9:55 am

I’m the same way… I hate getting attached to shows! I loved The Defenders (Jerry O’Connell = YUM) and was so sad when the cancelled it!

9 Lindsey September 14, 2011 at 9:56 am

Glee, Vampire Diaries and Dexter!
Lindsey recently posted..I Love Birthdays

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 14, 2011 at 10:01 am

every time I buy raspberries they turn moldy in like a day. It’s so sad 🙁
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin, pumpkin everywhere!

11 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 14, 2011 at 10:03 am

90210, JESSSSSSSSSSSS
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Cauldron Oatmeal

12 Nicole September 14, 2011 at 10:11 am

I’m excited about The Playboy Club & Pan Am. I think those looks so cool. Also New Girl & X Factor.
Those are the new ones along with the ton of old standbys that I have.
Nicole recently posted..The floor belongs to the dogs

13 Meghann September 14, 2011 at 10:23 am

I forgot about Pan Am! I’ve seen previews for that and am adding it to my DVR right now. Haven’t heard about The Playboy Club yet.

14 Nicole September 14, 2011 at 10:25 am

The Playboy Club premieres 9/19. I’m going to give it a shot. It hasn’t gotten the attention that Pan Am has but….
Nicole recently posted..The floor belongs to the dogs

15 Liz September 14, 2011 at 10:30 am

I’m also looking forward to Pan Am and Playboy Club. I’m the same way with new shows….always afraid my new favs will be cancelled!

16 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) September 14, 2011 at 10:13 am

Grey’s. Definitely Grey’s.

I wish raspberries weren’t so pricey, too. I love it when they’re available at my farmer’s market – I can get a pint or two for what two little containers cost at my grocery store, and they’re so yummy and fresh!
Deva (Voracious Vorilee) recently posted..Ready for Bed

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 14, 2011 at 10:20 am

I bought a container of raspberries this year and it reminded me how much I love them! I’m always scared away by the price – so much $$!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Sometimes you need a reminder…

18 Sana September 14, 2011 at 10:20 am

Good morning Maddie!!!
Sana recently posted..Am I Adopted?

19 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 14, 2011 at 10:24 am

“Up All Night” with Christina Applegate and “Pan Am” with Christina Ricci. I love both of them.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..WHY CAN’T YOU JUST HIT THE TOILET?!?!??!

20 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. September 14, 2011 at 10:27 am

The new show I’m excited for is The New Girl (Zooey Deschanel’s new one), and the ones coming back are Glee and Big Bang Theory!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..my kick the habit update.

21 RunEatRepeat September 14, 2011 at 10:28 am

Raspberries are buy one/get one free at my market!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Watermelon Wins

22 Reenie September 14, 2011 at 10:39 am

NO WAY!!!! I didn’t know Parenthood started last nite darn it 🙁

23 Shanna, Like Banana September 14, 2011 at 10:39 am

Vampire Diaries! Such HOT boys! mmmmm
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..WIAW–Mixing it up

24 Meghann September 14, 2011 at 11:00 am

Agree – HOT boys. BUt it kind of bugs me that the one playing the high schooler is older than me.

25 Tiffany (Stuffed with Fluff) September 14, 2011 at 11:37 am

Haha, isn’t that almost always the case? I remember Luke Perry was older when he was in 90210 and Stacey Dash was almost 30 when she was in Clueless (and she still looks good, so jealous!)

26 Hope September 14, 2011 at 10:43 am

I’m pretty excited for some of the new shows! I’m looking forward to Up All Night, Whitney, The New Girl, Pan Am and the X-Factor! I hope they aren’t disappointing!

I was somewhat disappointed with 90210 last night! I thought it was a weak season premiere.
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Bridesmaid Dresses…

27 Meghann September 14, 2011 at 11:00 am

Agree – Weak. And what was up with the marriage proposal? random.

28 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 14, 2011 at 10:48 am

DVR’d 90210 last night AND Ringer, which I actually watched immediately as I couldn’t resist. Still holding out love for The Lying Game (eerily similar to Ringer), praying that Parenthood holds strong again. Also, the classics: ANTM, Modern Family, the Office, Gossip Girl (eeeeeeeeeee!) and Intervention: The I Clearly Watch Too Much TV Edition.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Live Tweeting: 30 Day Shred – Level 1

29 Meghann September 14, 2011 at 11:01 am

ABC Family hit another winner with the Lying Game. I’m currently obsessed – they have me hook, line, and sinker.

30 natalie (the sweets life) September 14, 2011 at 10:58 am

glee, modern family, and parenthood. it’s all you need 🙂
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Pesto Berry Balsamic Flatbread with Goat Cheese

31 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count September 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

Glee, Modern Family, Cougar Town, and the new Pan Am show…haven’t seen Christina Ricci in forever!!

32 Cait's Plate September 14, 2011 at 11:30 am

HAHA! I’m the EXACT same way about new shows!! That and the fact that my current TV schedule is legitimately stressful to keep up with so adding new ones just feels completely overwhelming!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Breakfast in a Jar

33 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 14, 2011 at 11:42 am

I think PanAm looks pretty good. I am addicted to Mad Men, so I bet another show from that era will reel me in too. 🙂
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Cheesy Pepperoni Bread

34 Rae September 14, 2011 at 11:44 am

YAY! Your leggies will thank you come HIM time. Good call.
Rae recently posted..C’mon ride the Train

35 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 14, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I loved Drop Dead Diva this summer–SUCH a great show! It is leaving in 2 weeks for a whole year….sad face. Other than that, no TV shows for me–I don’t really love ’em!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

36 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 14, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I’m really excited for Modern Family to come back! Over the summer, I feel in love with Suits on USA. They’re on a fall break right now, but you should watch the Pilot and see if you like it. I love it!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Sit ‘n Stay

37 Belinda September 14, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Love Parenthood. Looking forward to Up All Night and Whitney!

38 Lauren September 14, 2011 at 12:46 pm

LOL…I had the exact same excitement this morning on my DVR…I even managed to sneak in the first 15 minutes of Parenthood before going to work :). So glad my DVR remembers all my favorite shows from last season!
Lauren recently posted..Week 10 – Marathon Trainin Recap

39 Laura September 14, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Good morning Maddie!

I’m excited for The Biggest Loser! Hopefully they’ll do the marathon again this year…
Laura recently posted..Giving up my Passion

40 Faith @ For the Health of It September 14, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I think New Girl (the new show with zooey deschanel) is going to be hilarious!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Just like the good old days

41 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner September 14, 2011 at 1:12 pm

We had a friend of our suggest Parenthood, so we recorded it last night. I am really wishing they had the 1st 2 seasons on Netflix though, because I hate coming in in the middle of a show. Otherwise, I am looking forward to How I Met Your Mother more than anything! Best show on TV!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..going au naturel

42 Amanda September 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I caught up with the old Parenthood seasons on Hulu Plus. You can get a free one-week trial and try to jam as many in as you can. Try it with a few different email addresses/credit cards 🙂

43 michelle September 14, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Gah! We just moved to Germany last week and the tv programs are so behind here.
michelle recently posted..House Hunters Germany Style

44 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 14, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I’ll bet taper week is the best, since you get to take a little breather before the big event 🙂

I don’t have a television right now (the horror!), but I’ve been making due with lots of Netflix and Hulu !
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..I’ve Trained Him Well 😉

45 Corey @ Learning Patience September 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm

We love Parenthood and were so excited to watch last night and then it never came on in Trinidad – we were so mad! grrr. Hopefully it’s on itunes or something. It looked so good!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..AWC and WIAW

46 Hillary September 14, 2011 at 1:48 pm

No new shows that I’m looking forward to, but I did start watching Mad Men this summer, and I’m ADDICTED. Cannot wait for the fifth season to start!!
Hillary recently posted..Whoops

47 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 14, 2011 at 3:15 pm

i love, love, LOVE parenthood!! i have the season premiere dvr-rd right now, can’t wait to watch it tonight. i’m also looking forward to up all night with christina applegate (love her) and that new nbc show, revenge, which has potential to be really good or really stupid!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..juiced.

48 Katherine Morgan September 14, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Sons of Anarchy!!!

I think normally I would say we share silly, girly TV taste, but you have to watch this show. It starts off slow, but after the 3rd episode you’re completely hooked. You can stream the first 2 seasons on netflix and then the 3rd is avaliable to get on DVD.

You will thank me….and so will will Derek.
Katherine Morgan recently posted..Chili Beans

49 Heather September 15, 2011 at 1:20 am

I’m still broken hearted over Hell Cats being canceled! I’m going to give Playboy Club and Revenge a try this season. So excited for fall tv to be back!
Heather recently posted..Ode to New York City: Remembering 9/11

50 Meghann September 15, 2011 at 7:53 am

What?!?! It was cancelled?!?! I didn’t know that! I loved that show!

51 Heather September 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I know, I was so bummed! I think I heard about the cancellation in like May maybe? They said it just didn’t get the ratings it needed :-(.
Heather recently posted..Ode to New York City: Remembering 9/11

52 Chuck September 15, 2011 at 1:42 am

Pumpkin cheesecake on the cereal? Yum! I wish I had some pumpkin cheesecake crumbles lying around…
Chuck recently posted..If you don’t know who you are…

53 Sophie September 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Aw Maddie is a cute face to wake up to! I’m getting in the The X Factor again in the UK….every year I promise myself I won’t watch it but it’s so addictive!
Sophie recently posted..Back On The Bandwagon.

54 Lara @ TresLaLa September 15, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I’m waiting on Up all night and The New Girl. Of course I just simply can.not.wait for Psych to come back!
Lara @ TresLaLa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – Take 2

55 Dawn September 15, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I love my DVR and this time of the year. Rescue Me just went off the air and we also watch Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. That’s great TV watching there 😉