Yoga Loft

by Meghann on September 1, 2011

I’ve been going a little crazy buying yoga deals lately. There was the swing yoga one this morning, another for an unlimited month of yoga that I purchased for a new studio near me, and, finally, the 5 classes for $25 deal I purchased for The Yoga Loft a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously I’m eager to have more yoga in my life. πŸ˜‰

Tonight I met a friend at Yoga Loft to cash in my deal there.

Yoga Loft is a new studio in Ybor that I drove by twice tonight before figuring out where the building was. The studio was small and the class was small (just my friend and I), but the teacher was amazing.

We were there for the ‘Hatha Flow’ class, but before we dove in the teacher asked what we wanted out of our practice tonight. My friend and I both agreed we were due for a good stretch and working up a sweat wasn’t our priority. We wanted to flow, relax, and just enjoy.

The teacher took us through a slow and steady practice that pulled and tugged at my our muscles in a delicious self-massage sort of way. The small class meant one-on-one attention that resulted in a deeper stretch and deeper practice. My body was tight, it needed all the correcting and help it could get.

By the end, I was ready to sleep. It was good. Oh, so good. Can I go back tomorrow? πŸ˜‰

It was a pretty calm day before yoga.

Lunch was easy.

A toasted open-faced english muffin sandwich with taboli, roasted red pepper, and mozzarella.

With carrots and almond butter

Snack #1: Lemon-Fig Cake

Snack #2: Trail Mix

Snack #3: Peach

I was a hungry girl today. πŸ™‚

Since I knew yoga was going to run late tonight, I prepped a meatloaf before I left and gave Derek instructions on when to put the meatloaf in the oven. I even left a note so he wouldn’t forget.

The note didn’t help. He forgot. πŸ™

Pre-prepared meatloaf became meatloaf hamburgers.

Problem solved.

Meatloaf hamburger + frozen veggies + pretzels = random, but delicious meal at 9:00pm on a Thursday night. πŸ™‚

Dessert:

I’ve got 10 miles to run in the morning. Time to get some sleep!

Good Night!

1 Cait's Plate September 1, 2011 at 10:21 pm

AHAHAHAHA – he forgot even with the note!??! That cracks me up. You handled that situation way better than I would have!

Good luck with the 10 miler tomorrow πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..A Good Night

2 Andie B (@5kmRunner) September 1, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I love getting those yoga Groupon emails! I haven’t gotten into it yet since there haven’t been any deals close enough to where I live, but I really want to soon.
Andie B (@5kmRunner) recently posted..I’d rather be at the beach…

3 mary September 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Holler! Double digit run! πŸ˜€ Sleep tight!
mary recently posted..No Boundaries

4 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Haha meatloaf burgers are just as good I guess πŸ™‚ forgetting even WITH a note is exactly something I would do !

Your yoga class sounded so good, makes me itch to practice more soon!!
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Food Monster!

5 Kaitlin September 1, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I need a good yoga deal! Glad you could get out and stretch your body! Also that peach looks great πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..Half Marathon Training for the Football Obsessed

6 Coco September 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Nothing wrong with being snacky- Your an active lady! Glad to see your in the yoga vibe- sometimes I get in the zone and between teaching and my home practice- I can do 3-4 hours of yoga a day! Good luck running in the morning!
Coco recently posted..Push your limits- Handstands!

7 wymberley September 1, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Ahhh, To have the time you have! I envy your ability to try all these fun places and things!
wymberley recently posted..Mr. T, Motivating With Candy

8 Cara Barone September 1, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Funny you wrote this, I just started going to yoga loft on Monday. I bought a living social one month unlimited deal. I loved it!! I thought the super private, quietness was going to be weird but def not the case. Ill be going all month, let me know if you want to meet up.

9 Courtney September 1, 2011 at 11:36 pm

That yoga class sounds glorious!

10 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) September 1, 2011 at 11:40 pm

I make mini meatloaves like that about once every six weeks or so – they cook up super quick and are a great way to portion control (or to eat a quarter-pound of beef, haha)!
Deva (Voracious Vorilee) recently posted..Sick?

11 Sana September 1, 2011 at 11:53 pm

bahah, I can’t believe he missed the note !!
Sana recently posted..I wish my college campus had valet parking.

12 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 2, 2011 at 12:36 am

I bought a yoga deal on Groupon recently! I can’t wait to try it out. I should probably start stretching to prepare… I can’t even touch my toes!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

13 Kait @ One Love Run September 2, 2011 at 1:20 am

ahh yoga deals on the best! they are great for getting you hooked on such an awesome thing!
Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Irene Knows How to Party

14 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 2, 2011 at 5:36 am

Aww haha
That’s hilarious that you left him a note and he STILL didn’t remember!

Anddd I have a huge package of figs in my fridge so I MIGHT just be making tha fig cake πŸ˜‰
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Things I’m Lovin’ Thursday: 5th Edition

15 Ash Bear September 2, 2011 at 6:12 am

Wow that yoga experience looks awesome! I wish I could find a good NYC studio for just two people. πŸ™‚ I’m challenging myself to do yoga and swim this weekend as I know it will help loosen me up and relax. I’m definitely going to reference your swimming posts from the very beginning! πŸ™‚
Ash Bear recently posted..5,4,3,2,1…

16 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 2, 2011 at 6:30 am

That’s awesome that you just such a private, personalized class! And meatloaf burgers sound pretty tasty.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Bosphorous

17 Hillary September 2, 2011 at 6:58 am

Meatloaf burgers? Excellent idea. I probably would’ve just made myself a PB&J and called it a night ; )
Hillary recently posted..Rookie Mistake

18 Lauren September 2, 2011 at 7:00 am

Haha, this makes me laugh because the same thing happened to me the other day. I left a note for my hubby to start dinner with DETAILED instructions. Well, lets just say he forgot to turn the oven on. Oh my, what would they do without us? LoL
Lauren recently posted..Setting September Goals

19 Sara@RunningInPinkProject September 2, 2011 at 7:24 am

I love reading about all of your yoga experiences in Tampa. I do Bikram here at home (which thankfully I found down there also for after my move) but I am always looking to try different classes and studios. πŸ˜€
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Yoga Love

20 Corey @ Learning Patience September 2, 2011 at 7:31 am

that peach looked so good! Sounds like you’re really enjoying all that yoga! Too funny about the note thing…my husband would have forgotten as well…. men! πŸ™‚
Good luck on your ten miles today!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Fun is My Middle Name

21 Stephanie @ Love Life Project September 2, 2011 at 8:40 am

That’s too funny that you left him a note and he still forgot. I actually empathize with him, because I forget stuff all the time. My husband drove me to the store so that I could pick up soymilk for his breakfast. I came out with cherries, sweet potatoes, cashews, peaches…and no soymilk. Ha!
Stephanie @ Love Life Project recently posted..I am Not a Food Blogger

22 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 2, 2011 at 8:42 am

MAN! that peach is huge.

I hope you didn’t inadvertently eat James and the Old Green Grasshopper.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Winston-Salem: More like WINNING Salem!

23 Nikki September 2, 2011 at 9:18 am

Hahaha my boyfriend would have done the same exact thing! Oh boys…
Nikki recently posted..The Story of Us

24 Heather @ Better With Veggies September 2, 2011 at 9:25 am

Meatloaf turned Burgers, that’s awesome! πŸ™‚ I hope you had a great 10 miler this morning!

25 KatieG. @ Just Roll With It September 2, 2011 at 10:28 am

Way to improvise with the meatloaf. I love that you and your friend were the only students in class. I’m sure it was a great experience to get a personalized class!
KatieG. @ Just Roll With It recently posted..How Cool!

26 Ali @ Ali Runs September 2, 2011 at 11:09 am

I would love to take a very small yoga class! I need a good stretch– with the marathon training I’m doing, my legs are TIGHT.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Fresh Legs, Awesome Run!

27 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 2, 2011 at 11:12 am

I teach power yoga and usually have the class sweating by the end..but there are certain days where I take requests if the class happens to be small. Some days they’re there to work and some days they just want a good stretch. And those good stretch classes do feel ammazzing!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Ride here, ride there

28 Allison September 2, 2011 at 11:26 am

Haha I think it’s part of a man’s make-up to mess up directions, and then never admit they’re wrong [especially driving directions]! It’s like it shows off their manliness πŸ˜› But gotta give him credit, ground meat= hamburgers in a man’s mind!
Allison recently posted..Color Coded Classroom

29 Raffi Darrow September 2, 2011 at 11:29 am

If you ever want to try Yogablu in St Pete, just drop me a line. I’m there all the time. First class is free! yogablustudio.com.
Raffi Darrow recently posted..Catching up with Meghann Anderson

30 LauraJayne September 2, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I’ve been totally loving yoga lately too – I hope we get more “deals” in Utah soon – my current one expires in a week!
LauraJayne recently posted..Blog-Rollin’ LauraJayne Style

31 Sophie September 3, 2011 at 10:08 am

Did you leave the note somewhere really obvious?! Haha, poor Derek!
Sophie recently posted..The One Where I Pour My Heart Out.

32 Meghann September 3, 2011 at 12:51 pm

There were two notes. one on the oven and one in the fridge. Apparently he fell asleep.

33 Dina September 3, 2011 at 2:20 pm

My husband won’t forget but will call me 400 times to ask where exactly in the oven is he supposed to put the chicken or what the breast side looks like. Easier to do it myself. πŸ™‚
Dina recently posted..Todays Run In Pictures