more ยป" />

Fries and Beer

by Meghann on August 22, 2011

Four hours.

We were delayed at the Philadelphia airport for four hours. Boooo….

Luckily being stuck isn’t so bad when you have friends (shout out to the equally delayed Katy, Kristin, and Mindy!), crab fries, and beer.

Dinner of champions, right?

We didn’t touchdown back in Tampa until close to midnight. By that point all I wanted to do was sleep. I purposely left my alarm clock unset and crashed and burned. Hard.

This morning I awoke naturally around 8:00 and made a bowl of comforting hot apples for breakfast.

The apple was stolen from yesterday’s breakfast buffet (thank goodness too, because we had no fruit in the house!). I chopped it and warmed it in the microwave with some Uncle Sam’s Strawberry Cereal and cinnamon.

I finished the bowl off with plain yogurt and a harshly chopped Attune chocolate bar.

Comfort food. :)

I plan to swim on my lunch break, but we’ll see how that goes. ;) First I need to tackle the swag-tastic suit case staring at me from the middle of the room. Yikes.

Oh, and if you’re catching up from the weekend – and the craziness that was Healthy Living Summit 2011( Woop. Woop.) – here’s what you missed!

Is it really all over?!?! Not fair!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 22, 2011 at 9:23 am

I definitely need to catch up on all the HLS posts! I was away at the Can Fit Pro fitness conference this weekend in Toronto and I too have that big suitcase full of laundry to take care of. Yiiikes! Have a fabulous day Meghann!

2 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) August 22, 2011 at 9:24 am

Can’t wait to catch up on all the HLS posts- I hear it was wonderful, so you should be proud :)
And yes, fries and beer- dinner of champions!

3 Hope August 22, 2011 at 9:25 am

I LOVE crab fries! They are my absolute favorite thing about being from Philly! :) So glad that you tried them and got home safe! Good luck unpacking!

4 Corey @ Learning Patience August 22, 2011 at 9:27 am

Getting stuck at the airport – is NOT fun – but it looks like you made the best of it! Sounds like the HLS was a lot of fun! Happy Monday! xoxo from Trinidad

5 Cait's Plate August 22, 2011 at 9:30 am

Gah – that looks SO good.

So glad the HLS was such a success! Congrats on a job well done :) I loved reading everyone’s recaps!

6 Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler August 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

I’ve loved reading all of the HLS posts! Looks like it was blast!

7 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 22, 2011 at 9:46 am

At least you had company during the delay :)

8 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine August 22, 2011 at 10:00 am

Looks like the summit was a huge success, Meghann. Great job! :)

9 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 22, 2011 at 10:04 am

Congrats on the HLS! It looks like it was so much fun. I wish I could have gone, but there’s always next year :)

10 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 22, 2011 at 10:12 am

That breakfast sounds way better than my post vacay breakfast of half of a bagel with butter.

11 michelle August 22, 2011 at 10:15 am

I hate being delayed at the airport. I usually bring a book or two to keep myself occupied if that happens.

12 Jane @ Broccolini + Cheese August 22, 2011 at 10:16 am

Well, it seems to me like HLS went off without a hitch!! Congrats girl! Hopefully I can be there next year!

13 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 22, 2011 at 10:23 am

I’m just catching up on all the HLS posts from this weekend. Loved, loved, loved that orange dress!

14 Amy August 22, 2011 at 10:45 am

Ugh, plane delays are the worst but at least you made good times with the situation!

15 Ericka August 22, 2011 at 11:12 am

Meghann — just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work at HLS. I had an amazing time and it was more than I’d hoped for. Thanks for being one of the first blogs that got me hooked!

16 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 22, 2011 at 11:53 am

Have you already started planning for next year?? ;)

17 Kaitlin August 22, 2011 at 11:58 am

Followed the HLS along from home– looks like you did an awesome job!!

Also those fries sound SO good right now. yum!

18 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 22, 2011 at 12:02 pm

What are crabfries? Welcome home! Sorry about the delay–waiting around in an airport is no fun!

19 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 22, 2011 at 12:03 pm

awwww what a great weekend! Have a good, relaxing (???) day!! :)

20 Heather August 22, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Yum, love Chickie and Pete’s crab fries!

21 Emily@SavoryandSavage August 22, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Congrats on a successful HLS!!

You sure packed a lot of stuff into that one weekend:-)

22 RunningOnCoffee August 22, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Crab fries are amazing, I am hooked on old bay seasoning since having them for the first time. Was your flight delayed due to rain? I had the pleasure of driving from Western NY back to the Philly/NJ area in the middle of a giant downpour. For 6.5 hours.

23 Sara @my less serious life August 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm

How long do you microwave that apple?

24 Hillary August 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Crabfries?! I feel like that’s something Maryland should have, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t!

25 Hilary August 22, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I had a LONG drive home, plus hit major traffic heading out of Philly, so I didn’t make it home until almost 2!!!! And I woke up before 8, so I am exhausted….I can only imagine how you feel!

26 Lauren August 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm

You got to try crab fries!!! Yay! These are a Philly staple. :)

27 Ali @ Ali Runs August 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Flight delays can be the worst!! At least you had friends with you and were able to sleep in the next morning. :)