more ยป" />

Love is in the Air

by Meghann on August 21, 2011

The Healthy Living Summit <3’s Philadelphia. ๐Ÿ™‚

I can’t believe it’s over! This weekend has been A-MA-ZING! All I have to do is flip through the #HLS twitter stream and I want to cry tears of joy. Thank You! Thank You Thank You! for all of your kind words! I seriously could not have done this without all the help of all the wonderful HLS volunteers, sponsors, speakers, attendees, etc. I guess now it’s time to start thinking about Healthy Living Summit 2012!!

Today was really the perfect ending to the three day conference. We started the day with a 5k fun run/ walk (which was really a walk because of all the crosswalks) sponsored by Together Counts.Everyone met in the lobby at 8:00am before heading out to explore the city.

Our goal was the Museum of Art to run up the famous ‘Rocky Steps.’ The path was a little busy with lots of busy crosswalks for a Sunday morning, but thankfully we all made it in one piece.

We even had a friendly cop help block the traffic for us!

Jumping fail….

The walk back was a little quicker. Thank goodness ‘ cause I was getting hungry.

HELLO Quaker Oatmeal Bar!

I couldn’t decide what I wanted. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The new Peach Mango Oikos with Quaker Oatmeal Squares.

Fresh fruit with more Quaker Oatmeal Squares.

And – of course – oatmeal! ๐Ÿ™‚

(with chocolate chips, almond butter, cinnamon, and chopped pecans)

The breakfast was one last hurrah for all the attendees to come together and say ‘see you later!’

It’s always bittersweet saying good-bye to so many new friends, but there’s always next year! ๐Ÿ˜‰

We spent an hour packing up our room (no photos. it was bad. very bad.), but we were able to make it all work – minus one or two things. Luckily, we found a home for all the extra things….

Meet my friends Emily and Aaron – Philadelphia residents who met us for lunch and happily took the extra swag bag contents off of our hands.

We were all starving and all found refuge in a pizza place who’s name escapes me at the moment.

Kelly and I split the caprese salad

and the mushroom pizza.

I wanted to stop at Reading Terminal Market one last time, but we had to high tail it to the airport for our flight. Unfortunately it was wasted effort as our flight was delayed two hours. Boo.

At least there’s free Wifi.

Sort of ๐Ÿ™

Cross your fingers we make it home tonight!

1 Sana August 21, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Oy, the storm looks rough, congrats on an amazing job!
Sana recently posted..What do I do when I am fasting all day?

2 Sophie August 21, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Sounds like a lovely day – it seems you did a great job organising this weekend!
Hope you enjoyed it – have a safe flight home!
Sophie recently posted..TOMS Shoes.

3 Theodora August 21, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Um, jumping win for me. I got some serious air time there.
Theodora recently posted..Healthy Living Summit 2011!

4 Holly August 21, 2011 at 5:59 pm

The pizza place looks like Zavino’s. Delicious!

5 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I’m glad everything went so well this weekend!! You looked amazing and EVERYONE seems to have had a great time. I was secretly wishing to be there with you all all weekend long!

A suggestion, if you haven’t thought/talked about it yet. It seems that everyone stayed out so late on Saturday partying it up and having a great time, so much so that they were dragging for the 5k in the morning on Sunday. Have you thought about maybe setting up the 5k on Saturday morning? With all those motivated (8-14miles??!) runners, I’d bet it would be amazing!
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..the Hubs is Jealous

6 Army Amy* August 21, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Sounds like the Health Living Summit was a huge success!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Con Mi Familia

7 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ August 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for everything this weekend! I learned so much and had a wonderful time. Travel safely and hopefully see you next year!!!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ recently posted..Recovery 101

8 michelle August 21, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Jumping pics are hit or miss.
I’m glad the HLS went so well. I’ve been reading a lot of blog recaps and I would have loved to have been there.
michelle recently posted..Frankfurt Marathon Training: 17 miles

9 Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) August 21, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for planning an amazing summit! I had such a good time this weekend and heard nothing but positive things from other people, too. I haven’t been in the past so can’t compare it to previous HLS-es but this one was awesome.
Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) recently posted..Hello HLS!

10 heather August 21, 2011 at 6:20 pm

So nice finally meeting you this weekend! Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into the event. A huge success in my book! BTW I am still stuck at the airport too.

11 Meghann August 21, 2011 at 6:44 pm

We are partying it up terminal e ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 21, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I’m so glad you all had an amazing weekend! I wish I could have been there. You have no idea! But, since I’m fairly new to blogging I didn’t know about this in time. Hopefully next year :).

13 Ashley August 21, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Totally Zavino!!!! YUM

14 Hillary August 21, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time. You should be so proud of all the work you did, Meghann! What a huge accomplishment!
Hillary recently posted..Smoothied Out

15 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs August 21, 2011 at 7:31 pm

HLS looks like it was SO MUCH FUN! I hope there’s one next year that I can go to ๐Ÿ˜›
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..DIY Super Protein Powder

16 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm

This looks like so much fun! Meghann, when do most people register for HLS? And is it common to have been blogging for at least a year to go?
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Best Wedding Ever: Part 2

17 Meghann August 22, 2011 at 12:07 am

Most people register the day it opens (usually 3 or 4 months before the event). We have people in attendance who didn’t even have a blog and were just readers. ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Cait's Plate August 21, 2011 at 9:41 pm

LOVE that “LOVE” photo!! It’s incredible ๐Ÿ™‚

19 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Safe travels ๐Ÿ™‚ Everything looks amazing and I can’t wait to go next year
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..10-10-10 Quick Interval Workout

20 Jamie@everydaydolce August 21, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Those are all such fun pictures! I love your breakfast, I would have eaten the same thing just because it’s not every day you get to eat a breakfast sponsored by Quaker. How cool!
Jamie@everydaydolce recently posted..My Tips For Running Strong & Long

21 Ali @ Ali Runs August 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm

It seems like this was the perfect end to an awesome weekend! Congrats on organizing such a successful event. Good luck with your flight.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Come Sail Away

22 ML August 21, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Love the top picture of the whole group! I hope I’m there next year.
And that caprese salad looks delish, I think I may just eat my computer screen.

23 Chuck August 22, 2011 at 12:45 am

This looks like it was a lot of fun! Did any guys go? Maybe a good way to meet some girls actually… lol
Chuck recently posted..20 things that make life awesome and WIATFMBW

24 Meghann August 22, 2011 at 7:50 am

We had about 4 or 5 guys in attendance. ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Khushboo August 22, 2011 at 1:12 am

Wow Meghann, you really are something else! AWESOME JOB…and that’s solely based on recaps so I can only imagine how the actual attendees are feeling!
Khushboo recently posted..Evolution

26 Jemma @Celery and Cupcakes August 22, 2011 at 5:50 am

The HLS looks amazing!

27 Shannon @ A Pinch of Ginger August 22, 2011 at 7:12 am

Ahhh you went to Zavinos! Love it there ๐Ÿ™‚ glad you ladies and gents enjoyed Philly ๐Ÿ™‚ makes me proud of the hometown ๐Ÿ˜‰
Shannon @ A Pinch of Ginger recently posted..Just Be.

28 Hope August 22, 2011 at 8:44 am

So glad that you had a wonderful time in my city! I wish I would have been able to attend something or a meet-up. Hopefully next time! ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you had a safe flight home!
Hope recently posted..I Said YES to the Dress!!โ€ฆ.

29 Carolina @ Peas in a Blog August 22, 2011 at 9:08 am

Aw, looks like you all had an awesome time! Next year I’m definitely joining you guys ๐Ÿ™‚
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..The Mamas & The Papas.

30 RhodeyGirl August 22, 2011 at 9:47 am

You hit up some great Philly spots this weekend. That was Zavino! Which pizza did you like more, Zavino or Barbuzzo?
RhodeyGirl recently posted..Blogging brings lifelong friends.

31 Meghann August 22, 2011 at 10:54 am

Barbuzzo! It was the farm egg – yum!

32 Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) August 22, 2011 at 11:06 am

All of your hard work definitely paid off! I’m so glad I attended!
Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) recently posted..My Inspiring Weekend: Part A- As One Chapter Ends…

33 Melissa August 22, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Wow this looks like such an amazing event. Great job Meghann, all of your hard work paid off! I would love to attend the HLS in the future – may I suggestion Austin as a potential location? ๐Ÿ™‚
Melissa recently posted..Race Pace

34 Hilary August 22, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Come to Toronto for HLS 2012!!!!!!!!
Hilary recently posted..HLS: Just the Food

35 Allison August 23, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Pizza and salad look delicious!
Allison recently posted..โ€œSo much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.โ€