Did somebody say swag?

by Meghann on August 18, 2011

It’s starting!!!!!

That’s 225 bags of swag, swag, and more swag.

My back is killing me, my head is spinning, and I can’t even look at another mini box of something or another again, but they’re filled and that’ what matters. :)

A THOUSAND thanks to Kelly, Ben, Kelly N., Julie, Kristin, Heather, and Derek for helping. We were able to turn these bags out in record time thanks to all of their hard work. :)

Almost as soon as my plane landed this morning, I’ve been on the go prepping with Healthy Living Stuff. I left my computer off on the flight and just tried to relax. I knew my mind would be going a mile a minute when I landed, so I wanted to enjoy as much peace and quiet as I could before the madness started.

We hopped a cab to the hotel, dropped our stuff off, and headed next door to The Reading Terminal Market (where the cocktail party will be tomorrow night!)

I walked around trying to figure out just where the cocktail party will be in the market. There were no big rooms and the space seems pretty tight between the stalls. I really can’t wait to see how they lay it out tomorrow night, it’s definitely going to be a surprise to me.

I knew I was hungry when we arrived, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted. After doing a full lap of the market, I landed at the vegetarian stand.

Kristin had the same idea. We both ordered Philly Vegan ‘Cheesesteaks’

It was a delicious mix of faux meat (I think it was seiten?), vegan cheese,peppers, tomato, and lettuce.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it really did taste like the real thing! Sooo good!

It was also really filling. I could only eat half and gave the rest to my sister.

After lunch I had a (not needed) coffee.

It just tasted too good not to have one of my own.

Then I did laps of the hotel room (literally) because I was so buzzed on caffeine! :)

We’re heading out to dinner! Bring on the good food!

1 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl August 18, 2011 at 6:15 pm

You are making me sooo excited for HLS. Can’t wait to see my swag and of course all of you bloggers!

2 Evan Thomas August 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I’m so excited for this weekend. Thank you for being an awesome planner.

3 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet August 18, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Omg I cannot wait! I know you guys are gonna make this event amazing, so thanks for all the hard work :)

4 Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 18, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Ahh so jealous of everyone going! You are so awesome for putting this all together lady! I will certainly be there next year :D

5 Hillary August 18, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Jealous! I could really use some swag ; )

Have a great time!

6 Brittney August 18, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Wow, that vegan Philly cheesesteak looks awesome! So looking forward to seeing you and being at HLS!!! :)

7 Jen G. August 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I had a conference in Philly this spring. The hotel/conference center were right off of RTM and I lived off of those veggie Philly cheesesteaks the entire week. SO. GOOD.

8 Sana August 18, 2011 at 6:42 pm

That vegan cheese steak looks amazeee!

9 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 18, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Oh my goodness THANK YOU to you ladies for working so dang hard!!!! I can see how your neck/back would be killing you! Geeze louise. Slash I can’t WAIT for the cocktail party, I wish we could have a preview of the food that’s going to be served!

10 Andie B @5kmRunner August 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm

hmm…I’ve never had faux meat before. Not sure what I think of that, although it does look delish!

11 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 18, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Wowza! That’s a lot of swag you’ve got goin on right there!

12 Ashley August 18, 2011 at 6:55 pm

YAY!! So excited! Can’t wait to meet everyone.

13 Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) August 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm

AGGGHHHH! I’m almost peeing my pants I’m so excited!

14 sara August 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I’m so bummed that the HLS is in MY city this year and I couldn’t buy a ticket because I made plans with family and out-of-town friends for this exact weekend months ago! Have an AWESOME time here!

15 Shayla @ The Good Life August 18, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Ahhh I’m so jealous I can’t be there! Hope to next year…have fun! :)

16 Emily@SavoryandSavage August 18, 2011 at 7:35 pm

It sounds like it is getting off to a good start!

I am sure it will be a very exciting weekend. I can’t wait to see pictures of the cocktail party.

17 Krystina (Organically Me) August 18, 2011 at 7:40 pm

You’re a rock star.

18 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 18, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Woo hoo nice work with all the bags. That sammie look tasty :)

19 Jessica @Baybaybites August 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm

That sandwich looks delish!

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 18, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Wow, that’s a lot of swag! I will totally understand if you have extras and have to send me some.

21 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 18, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Whoa!! I wish so badly I could find a vegetarian place that actually offered stuff like that rather than just veggies on bread. That looks so good!!

22 Meghan August 18, 2011 at 9:03 pm

AH SO FUN! I can’t wait to read all about the conference (and that amazing swag) I hope that I will be able to go next year!
Your hard work is finally about to pay off, yippee!

23 Anna @ Food Fitness and Frolicking August 18, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Woah! Swag bags galore! How exciting!

24 Aria August 18, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I’m so excited you like Philly! I live about an hour outside the city but I work in center city. Where is the HLS being held? I wish I could have scored tickets!! Have a great wekend :) and enjoy Philly! If you get the chance, you should def try to go to the Continental Mid-town. It’s one of my favorite resturants in center city and they have a ton of great food options and a fun atmosphere :)

25 Allyson August 18, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I hope you guys enjoy Philly, i am born and raised. You guys, or at least Derek, need to go to Chickie and Petes. Sports bar in south Philly, an El ride away (hop on the Orange line). They are famous for crab fries, they just added sweet potato fries that are sooo good too.

You guys going to run up the Rocky steps?

26 Ali @ Ali Runs August 18, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I’m running the Philly Marathon in November and the Reading Terminal Market is definitely on my must-see list when I get there :) Good luck with the rest of your night!!

27 Army Amy* August 18, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I’m impressed with how “real” the vegan cheese steak looks! Sometimes the faux stuff doesn’t look so real, which is what turns people off. Looks yum to me!*

28 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 18, 2011 at 10:28 pm

oooooh I like the bags! Looks like it’s gonna be good!!

29 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 19, 2011 at 8:45 am

A HUGE round of applause for you and your hard working team!!

And also, for the ability of that cheese “steak” to look IDENTICAL to a real one. I’m literally having tummy grumbles and I JUST wolfed a bowl of cereal.

Philly can’t come soon enough.

30 Hilary August 22, 2011 at 2:44 pm

That swag lived up to all the hype…you should be so proud!