more ยป" />

Pizza and a Movie

by Meghann on July 29, 2011

Allow me to introduce you to mine and Derek’s impression of this past week.

IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0160.JPG

Clearly we were in need of a night out.

And a stiff drink. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Luckily, I had a gift card leftover from the raffle I had won at the Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza Tweet Up Derek and I had both attended last month. It was good for $20 – just enough for one large pizza with my man.

I <3 Anthony’s. Despite having a 20+ minute wait, both the manager and hostess were great making us feel very welcomed. The manager even checked on us several time and made small chit chat with everyone waiting. His personal attention to customer service really won me over.

Deciding what to order was easy. I had sampled the new Roasted Cauliflower Pizza at the tweet up and was instantly drawn to the delicious buttery pizza that it was. I couldn’t wait to come back and order it again.

One large Roasted Cauliflower Pizza please!

I had three rich and cheesy slices hot off the board.

Yum. ๐Ÿ™‚

We stopped for the stiff drink (err.. beer) on the way home. Can you guess who’s is who’s?

The Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale was all mine. Much better than that sissy lager stuff. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (just kidding Derek!)

We’re settling in tonight with a movie…

And ice cream.

(Good Stuff!!)

Good night!

1 Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler July 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm

your icecream looks devine! ๐Ÿ™‚
Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler recently posted..Girls Night

2 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 29, 2011 at 11:02 pm

What a wonderful (and affordable) date night ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m all for keeping love budget friendly ๐Ÿ˜‰ My hubs and I thought about going out to eat but thought better when we thought of the cost and made pizza at home and had a 48 hours mystery marathon
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..New Running Personal Distance Record!

3 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real July 29, 2011 at 11:07 pm

We had a similar date night. Ordered Chinese and sushi in and watched a movie. Too bad the movie was terrible! It was still a great way to end a long week.

4 michelle July 29, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Your last pic made me LOL! Her expressions are hilarious.
michelle recently posted..Memorable Life Experiences

5 Hillary July 29, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Every time I go to FL to visit my grandma, I make her take me to Anthony’s. It’s about time they opened one in Maryland!

6 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 29, 2011 at 11:24 pm

What a fun night! That pizza looks so delicious ๐Ÿ™‚
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Shopping Adjustments

7 Carissa July 29, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Words cannot describe how jealous I am of your night!!! Too much weekend work for me. Ahhhh pizza…movie…..heaven…
Carissa recently posted..Larabar Giveaway

8 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 30, 2011 at 12:51 am

Yum! It was pizza night at our house too, and it was so good. Looks like a fun night! ๐Ÿ™‚
Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers recently posted..Hiking Half Dome

9 Lauren July 30, 2011 at 6:27 am

Low key pizza and movie nights are the best. Glad you guys got to get out and enjoy.
Lauren recently posted..Road Side Fruit

10 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 30, 2011 at 6:27 am

Cauliflower pizza sounds like a great idea– reminds me of mashed potato pizza ๐Ÿ™‚

I just read Angels and Demons a few months ago and watched the movie right after– it was a HUGE disappointment! Have you read the book?
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..How To: Tofu

11 Meghann July 30, 2011 at 9:15 am

I haven’t read the book, but neither Derek and I were very impressed with the movie.

12 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 30, 2011 at 7:13 am

Key lime pie ice cream? Love!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Cherry almond vanilla smoothie

13 Cait's Plate July 30, 2011 at 7:49 am

Oh my that pizza just looks incredible. For something like that (plus good customer service!) I’d be more than willing to wait.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Lounging Around

14 Cait's Plate July 30, 2011 at 7:50 am

PS – what did you think of Angels and Demons?? I read the book so I liked that better but I thought the movie was entertaining enough!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Lounging Around

15 Meghann July 30, 2011 at 9:17 am

We weren’t fans of the movie. It moved slow and was hard to follow at times.

16 Cait's Plate July 30, 2011 at 9:45 am

I can see that. I literally had just read the book which is probably the only way I was able to follow it somewhat!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Peachy Saturday

17 Ali @ Ali Runs July 30, 2011 at 9:52 am

This looks like such a fun night! You’ll have to let us know how Angels and Demons was–I read the book (which was really good).
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Rainy Run

18 Cara Barone July 30, 2011 at 10:55 am

Embarrassed to say, but I haven’t heard of Anthony’s. I must try it, the pizza looks phenomenal!!
Cara Barone recently posted..The Raw Life

19 Amelia July 30, 2011 at 11:14 am

I actually had one of those Cigar City beers here in NYC! I saw it on the menu at a restaurant and knew I had to try it after you had talked it up so much. So good!! It was perfect with my BLT. I was on a date at the time and the guy I was with did notttt like the brown ale at all. And yes, I judged him on that. ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Meghann July 30, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Derek and I were in Philly a couple of months ago when we walked into a random little bar that had Cigar City on tap! We were both pleasantly surprised! ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Dina July 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I had that pizza a few weeks ago and it is so good. Love the bread crumbs!

Anthony’s on Sand Lake is always a win being near Whole Foods and two fro-yo places.
Dina recently posted..Black & Brew

22 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 30, 2011 at 4:13 pm

mmm I want in on that pizza and ice cream too please ๐Ÿ˜‰

23 sara August 3, 2011 at 11:54 am

That pizza looks so yummy!!!!
sara recently posted..Dominos menu