Babies and Fro Yo

by Meghann on July 27, 2011

Want to know how to calm your nerves on a high-stress day?

Put a baby in your arms.

After that the world can do no wrong. πŸ™‚

IMG_0035.jpg

P.S. I have no idea how to hold babies. How awkward do I look here?

IMG_0039.jpg

Or here?

Isn’t this something that’s suppose to come naturally? I guess I just need more practice holding babies. Bring. It. On. πŸ˜‰

I received a very last minute call from Callie earlier this afternoon letting me know she was in town and asking if I wanted to meet her and Baby Patrick for frozen yogurt. Umm…Baby Patrick? Frozen Yogurt? I practically jumped out of my seat and headed straight to the car. πŸ˜‰

We decided Yogurtology was a good middle ground to meet at it. We both fell in love with the St. Pete location last month and knew the Tampa location would be another home run.

Oatmeal Cookie, Cupcake, and Red Velvet Fro Yo? Yep, homerun. πŸ™‚

I had a little of each + Reeses Pieces, chopped almonds, and strawberries.

Baby Patrick was an angel the entire time. This sleeping kid can do no wrong!

Can you believe how much he’s grown in the month since I last saw him! He’s so big now!

It was also great to catch up with Callie. Seeing your friends become Moms is weird, but in a good way. It’s like we’re all finally growing up. πŸ™‚

Adorable. πŸ™‚

After our Fro Yo excursion I headed to South Tampa to chat with Cara from HealthyTampaBayLiving.com about all things blog. (But somehow forgot to take a photo?!?)

Cara and her friend Megan recently started the blog on fun ways to stay active and eat well in Tampa. I’ve been following along and they’ve already been hitting up my favorite spots. It was fun to brainstorm about the Tampa Bay area while making a new healthy foodie friend. πŸ™‚

I didn’t get home until late, so Derek was in charge of dinner. That could really only mean one thing…

IMG_0045.jpg

Omelets!

I’m awful at making omelets, but Derek has a knack for them. I just stood back and let him do his thing.

However, I did take charge of the fillings.

Fresh Tomato + Mozzarella + Basil = Caprese Omelets!

Derek did good. πŸ™‚

Derek should cook more often.

I could get used to this. πŸ˜‰

1 Joy (A Little Bit Fit) July 27, 2011 at 10:17 pm

That little angel is adorable! Just wait until he starts laughing. Baby laughs are the best thing in the whole world!

2 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs July 27, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Seeing you eat brussel sprouts all the time inspired me to get some a couple weeks ago – I am addicted! I have no idea how I’ve gone 23 years without them, such a great little veg.
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..Tea Creations

3 Kendall (On An Inhale) July 27, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I think babies and froyo makes for a perfect afternoon! You look great holding baby Patrick! He’s so adorable.

4 TheHungeredOne@MovingandMunching July 27, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Omelettes are soooo good. You can be so creative! lol awkward baby photos are cute πŸ™‚

5 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 27, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Oo how does Derek feel about this baby holding practice? πŸ˜‰

Oatmeal Cookie fro yo?! I am so jealous! Reminds me of Ben & Jerry’s Oatmeal Raisin ice cream-YUM!
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Treats that are not Sunny Seeds but are still Very Good #14

6 Matteson July 27, 2011 at 10:23 pm

your omlettes look so good!
Matteson recently posted..Tennis!

7 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 27, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Hmm…I need a personal omelette chef. Better get the boyfriend on that! You look great holding Patrick! He’s so adorable!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Graffiti Junktion

8 Brittany July 27, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Oh my goodness, baby Patrick is adorable!!!
Brittany recently posted..Only Legal Seafood and Naturally Duped

9 michelle July 27, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Aww what a cute baby! I haven’t held a baby in a long time and am sure I’d look really awkward as well
michelle recently posted..No Fear

10 Army Amy* July 27, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I don’t know why brussel sprouts have a bad rap. I think they taste little heads of lettuce that have been zapped by a shrink ray! Yum! Glad to see that I’m not the only brussel lover.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Beach Running

11 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I wanted to hit up Yogurtology when I was in Tampa earlier this month so badly but never had the time πŸ™ it looks delicious!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Brownstone adventure park

12 Kelly July 27, 2011 at 10:32 pm

It looks like the baby is digging the Fro Yo πŸ™‚
Kelly recently posted..Winning Wednesday!

13 Karla July 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Babies! You look great holding him!
Also, I’m insanely jealous of this place called Yogurtology. I sorta like it when any place is called “____-ology/ologie.” Sorta like my blog…
Karla recently posted..Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini

14 hilda July 27, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Regarding the Sound of Music, I didn’t know Derek knew the words altho I know he has seen it, or at least heard me sing it in the house uncountable times.
I think it is the best movie ever. Also Derek looks– GREAT— with that shark. Can I borrow it sometime. I might get one for myself. I wish I could have made him do housework here. Ha Ha

15 Jenny July 27, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Baby Patrick is adorableee.
Your omelette also has the best filling ever.

16 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs July 27, 2011 at 10:40 pm

You look adorable holding the baby πŸ™‚ As long as you aren’t dropping him and he’s not crying there’s no such thing as wrong!! Now I need to go find a baby to hold before baby fever hits again…
Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs recently posted..How to Procrastinate

17 Bethany @ More Fruit Please July 27, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Doesn’t matter how you look holding the baby – he looks happy and content and that’s all that’s important!

P.S. You’re hair looks fabulous! I really love the length and the curls!
Bethany @ More Fruit Please recently posted..Meals with the Mister, V. 1

18 Meghann July 28, 2011 at 8:04 am

Thanks πŸ™‚ I thought it looked a little frizzy in the photos.

19 Mallory @ It's Only Life July 27, 2011 at 10:44 pm

That omelette looks fabulous! The Italian in me is smiling πŸ™‚
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..What I Ate Wednesdsay

20 allison @ thesundayflog July 27, 2011 at 10:47 pm

what is it about boys and their omelet skills?? thats all my boyfriend cooks for me haha. and yum, now i want a caprese salad
allison @ thesundayflog recently posted..Caitlin & Eamonn’s Pittsburgh Wedding

21 Jaime July 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I am obsessssssssed with brussels sprouts – are those the bird’s eye steam fresh ones? they look like it!

and Patrick is too cute for words. seriously so adorable!

22 Meghann July 28, 2011 at 8:04 am

Yes they are! I always stock up when they’re buy one get one free πŸ™‚

23 Kelly July 27, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Oh my, that caprese omelet looks soooooo good!
Kelly recently posted..Wordless Wednesday July 27, 2011

24 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 27, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Unless the baby starts to scream in your ear…then it’s not so relaxing! But yes, they are perfect to have around every other time. πŸ™‚ I really do love children..but I just got home from spending a week with a 4 and 2 year old that would randomly through tantrums at just about anything. It wears ya down!!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..End of one and back to another

25 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 27, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Yogurtology sounds like a yogurt doctor’s office!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..7 Links

26 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 27, 2011 at 11:31 pm

He is adorable! None of my friends have kids yet, but I can’t wait for them to. That means I get to play with babies without actually taking care of them πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..WIAW and Almost Rest Day Hunger

27 Kim Foster, MD July 28, 2011 at 1:41 am

That’s hilarious–you find it de-stressing to hold a baby in your arms. As a mother of two, I find it de-stressing when somebody ELSE has my baby in their arms (ha, ha!).
Kim Foster, MD recently posted..Detox Diets & Cleanses: What’s The Deal?

28 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 28, 2011 at 1:46 am

Cute baby! Yeah, I’m awkward when I hold babies, too. My good friend is having twins, so I’ll be getting lots of practice soon. πŸ˜‰
Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers recently posted..Hiking Half Dome

29 katie July 28, 2011 at 7:25 am

he is adorable!!!!!

Babies and Fro-yo are a great combo! Ha! love it!
katie recently posted..What went down { wednesday }

30 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl July 28, 2011 at 7:55 am

What an adorable baby! Agreed – babies and fro yo can definitely make a day go better. Being back in Nebraska for a week has reminded me how much I love babies. I get a lot of Fro Yo in NYC but not so many babies πŸ˜‰

That oatmeal cookie flavor sounds delicious!
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Things I Forgot on the Island of Manhattan

31 Lee July 28, 2011 at 8:05 am

He’s a cutie. And i don’t know how to hold a baby either. I’m always afraid that I’ll drop them or I’m not supporting their heads.
Lee recently posted..Publix vs Kroger – The Great Debate

32 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me July 28, 2011 at 8:13 am

haha I’m the same way with babies! Except at least you smiled. I would’ve been frowning. πŸ˜‰
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Date Night

33 Laura July 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

Oh, that omelet looks great – love the Caprese idea! I’ll be doing that soon.
Laura recently posted..Strawberry-Banana Oatmeal Bread

34 Jane @ Jane's Addictions July 28, 2011 at 8:31 am

I love Omelets for dinner. Derek’s look fabulous. Does he have a secret/special way of making them?
Jane @ Jane’s Addictions recently posted..Tofu experiment

35 Yolie @ Practising Wellness July 28, 2011 at 8:37 am

Mmm…so yum! That dinner looks divine…so nice of Derek to cook for you both! What a catch, lol! πŸ™‚ I know, it’s so cool when friends become parents, it’s happening more and more now that I am 26…and it’s incredible to see! Baby Patrick is too cute! And dude, totally the same…I have no idea how to hold babies, lol! I’m hoping it comes naturally when it is your own, or I am in trouble πŸ˜‰ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..shaking arms = awesome upper body workout

36 Hope July 28, 2011 at 8:42 am

Awww..babies are so cute! That frozen yogurt looks yummy! I love the caprese omelette! I’m going to have to try it. Looks and sounds very tasty. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..What I’m Loving…

37 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 28, 2011 at 8:53 am

I’m with ya on the baby holding! haha I always feel like I’m going to do something wrong!

Those fro yo flavors sound so tasty!

Aaand, love the caprese omelet idea!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..I Can Eat

38 Cait's Plate July 28, 2011 at 8:58 am

I can’t choose which I would consider the sweetest thing in this post – Patrick, that froyo or Derek making dinner!! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Just Go with It

39 Mia July 28, 2011 at 9:18 am

is it weird that I can never see the lower-case B’s in your blog titles? They just show up as blank spaces on my browser. Today’s post title looked like this for me: Ba ies and Fro Yo. Weird, eh?

40 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life July 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

I love when my hubby cooks…. to bad it is VERYVERY rare in my house!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Chia Seed Pudding & Homemade Pesto Pizza

41 Emily July 28, 2011 at 11:27 am

I love basil with eggs!!!
Emily recently posted..Peanut butter, rainy runs, daily clearning

42 Lauren July 28, 2011 at 11:49 am

One of the cutest babies I’ve ever seen! He looks so sweet – and so content!

And your omelet looks amazing. Derek clearly has egg-making skills!
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

43 Shayla @ The Good Life July 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm

You look like a pure natural πŸ˜‰ And that baby is absolutely adorable, so precious πŸ™‚

And what good looking eats you had today…it’s making want to get my fro yo fix, bad!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Intuitive Eating & Overnight Oats

44 Cara Barone July 28, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I had so much fun meeting you. I was waiting for you to take a picture especially after the camera demo, but didn’t want to mention it (as you know I have a thing about taking a ton of pics)!
Your post makes me want to make brussel sprouts, but I have to admit have never made them…can you write a post sometime soon on how to make them πŸ˜‰

45 Meghann July 28, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Here’s a little secret… they’re the steam-in-a-bag variety of the freezer section. πŸ˜‰

46 Cara Barone July 28, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I think I can handle that!

47 BroccoliHut July 28, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Haha, Seth is really good at making omelets too…maybe it’s a guy thing? I never seem to master the flip.
BroccoliHut recently posted..Reader Request: Top-Rated Cookbooks

48 Ali @ Ali Runs July 29, 2011 at 9:04 am

I love everything about this post! Babies, fro-yo, and boyfriends cooking dinner. Sounds like a good day. πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Rainy Run