A Good Suit

by Meghann on July 27, 2011

Good Morning πŸ™‚

Good news – I was actually prepared for the pool this morning. Not only did I give my stinky swimsuits a good soak in a baking soda bath (leaving wet swimsuits in a ball in my trunk was NOT a good idea), but I also picked up a new one just for the heck of it.

I got this lovely blue suit from Marshalls yesterday for $20.

IMAG0822.jpg

I’ve been lusting after a suit with thinner straps anyways. πŸ˜‰

The pool was quiet this morning.

I woke up to rain and it was still drizzling when I made the walk from the locker room to the pool area. The lifeguards were in their little shed when I walked by and I could hear them silently joking about how they now had to sit in the rain because someone(me) decided to brave the awful weather. Sorry guys!

My goal was 2000 yds. My workout of choice was the Pace Swim Workout (with a few adjustments).

Warm Up

• 250 yds Easy
  • 200 yds w/ Kick Board

Main Set

• 3 x 100 @ 2:30
  • 3 x 100 @ 2:20
  • 3 x 100 @ 2:10

Cool Down

• 250 yds w/ Buoy
  • 8 x 50 @ 1:15

Total: 200 yds

I added the kick board and buoy for a little bulk. I need to use the kick board and buoy more often, they’re actually fun and really work out my arms and legs.

I headed to the weight room after the swim for NROLFW Stage 2B. I really upped the ante with weights this week and I could feel the burn. Ouch.

Breakfast

Does anyone else find it painfully difficult to take a pretty photo of a bagel with peanut butter and jam on it? πŸ˜‰

We’re definitely in peach season around here. This peach was perfectly ripe – it had perfect color, cut like a dream, and was just the right amount of sweetness. I need to go buy more ASAP!

By the way…. Sound of Music last night was great! The story line was a LOT different than I was expecting, but it was pretty easy to follow and I could sing along to most of the songs by the end. It will probably never hold the same place in my heart as it does Derek’s, but I’m glad I watched it – even if it was just to see Derek recite almost every line word for word (plus, hand motions!).

1 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine July 27, 2011 at 10:20 am

Love that Derek loves The Sound of Music. πŸ™‚ The only way I could get my BF to watch it is if I have drugged him first. Haha. I used to be so in love with Captain Von Trapp!

2 Army Amy* July 27, 2011 at 10:21 am

Yay! Glad to hear that you like The Sound of Music!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Beach Running

3 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 27, 2011 at 10:22 am

Ah, love the feeling of a new bathing suit.

Even more, I love the feeling of a good peach. The kind that just drizzles down your chin when you eat it. Mmmm mmm.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Responding to Les Mills Motivational Posters

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life July 27, 2011 at 10:24 am

You’ve made it possible to take pretty pics of the bagels! Gorgeous!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..A New Job

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 27, 2011 at 10:28 am

Love your new suit!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Brownstone adventure park

6 Samantha July 27, 2011 at 10:33 am

Your new suit is super cute — and only $20! Sweet! And I’m glad you liked TSOM…it’s a great classic πŸ™‚
Samantha recently posted..Crazy, Stupid, Love

7 Cait's Plate July 27, 2011 at 10:33 am

That photo looks plenty pretty to me! But I know what you mean – some food, delicious as it may be, is just not attractive to photograph…
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Please Please Me

8 Corey @ Learning Patience July 27, 2011 at 10:38 am

Those peaches look great — can’t beat a 20 dollar swimsuit!! Just stumbled on your blog – nice to “blog” meet u! Xoxo
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..WIAW – from the airport

9 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count July 27, 2011 at 10:43 am

I love Marshalls. That is where I get most of my workout shorts!

10 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 27, 2011 at 10:48 am

I’m glad you liked Sound of Music — I love that movie!

11 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life July 27, 2011 at 10:49 am

Marshalls and TJMaxx is where I buy all my workout clothes! Soooo afforable!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – Mexican Edition

12 Shannon @ Mon Amour July 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

I always use a pull buoy when swimming because it really strengthens my arms and allows me to primarily use my arms come race day. That way I can keep my legs fresh for the biking and running
Shannon @ Mon Amour recently posted..Back In the Game

13 Holly July 27, 2011 at 10:53 am

Nothing like getting a new suit! πŸ™‚ I’ve definitely forgotten to dry mine out properly, too. Not pleasant!

I lifeguard and I totally know where the lifeguards are coming from about sitting in the rain! Haha, don’t worry though, it’s not as annoying for adults as it is for kids. Kids will make you sit there forever while adults will get in, do what they need to do, and get out. Kids could have you sitting there forever in the rain while they do nothing but hang on the walls of the pool. Now THAT is irritating!
Holly recently posted..Running in the City

14 Joyce @ Jranola Joyce July 27, 2011 at 10:57 am

I’ve been swimming in my pool at home but it is way smaller than the Y pool so i find myself swimming 50 laps haha
need to get meself to the YMCA!
cute suit! πŸ™‚

15 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep July 27, 2011 at 11:00 am

I was in our school’s musical of The Sound of Music, and I’ve loved it since I was a little girl. My ex still sings “The Lonely Goatherd” song to me on the phone. It’s hilarious.
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Things I Learned Today

16 Hope July 27, 2011 at 11:06 am

I’m so glad that you loved The Sound of Music! πŸ™‚

Breakfast looks yummy!
Hope recently posted..Cool Down…

17 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 27, 2011 at 11:09 am

That swimsuit looks much more professionally fitted πŸ™‚ Gotta love Marshalls steals

Have a good day!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Mexican Pasta

18 Yolie @ Practising Wellness July 27, 2011 at 11:15 am

Mmm…your breakfast looks divine…so colourful and fresh. And anything with PB is good in my book! πŸ˜› Love your new swim suit, the colour is one of my favourites, and looks great on you! So glad you guys enjoyed the Sound of Music…love that movie so much! (But never seen the show). When I was younger I used to want to BE Liesl, lol! xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..5 ways to turn the humble banana into a super-snack!

19 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 27, 2011 at 11:19 am

When I was a swimmer, we used to always take our old suits and wear them over our new suits to create “drag” in the water – that way when it came time for race day, we felt like we were going 10,000x faster!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..WIAW…. part 9

20 Laura @ Backstage Pass July 27, 2011 at 11:25 am

Glad that you were finally exposed to Sound of Music! I was brought up on it like Derek and it feels like the songs are embedded into my brain. I sometimes drive my boyfriend crazy with singing the songs from this & other musicals!
Love the new suit, it matches your bike! πŸ™‚
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Recap: Challenge Nation Milwaukee Urban Scavenger Race

21 Fit Chick Britt July 27, 2011 at 11:35 am

Cute suit! I like the thin straps too. Whenever you strength train after the pool do you just change into dry clothes and go with the wet hair? I’d think that’d be uncomfortable.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..RNR Marathon Training Recap Week 2

22 Amanda July 27, 2011 at 11:40 am

love the suit!! πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Learning it’s OK to Fall

23 Wymberley July 27, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I got so excited last weekend after buying abunch of peaches at the farmers market. Texas peaches are not Georgia Peaches or Florida ones either!!! They were grainy and gross. I was so sad. I will never again buy from az vender without trying the product. Your peach pics make me so hungry!

24 Lauren July 27, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I find awesome workout gear at Marshalls – love it!

I’m glad you enjoyed “The Sound of Music.” I haven’t seen it in years. It was never one of my absolute favorites growing, but I did enjoy it.
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

25 Hillary July 27, 2011 at 12:21 pm

When boys sing musicals, I kind of fall in love. My bf knows all the words to Wicked, and I think it’s fabulous!
Hillary recently posted..Reader’s Request: Healthy Travel Eats

26 Matteson July 27, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Glad you enjoyed The Sound of Music! It’s one of my favorites! I was even a nun in the play! πŸ™‚
Matteson recently posted..Trying it Out Myself

27 Jane @ Jane's Addictions July 27, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Looking great in your new swim suit! πŸ™‚ I’ve given up on buying apples for now and switched to apricots and peaches. They are divine this time of year.
Jane @ Jane’s Addictions recently posted..Lunch Bag Lady

28 Emily July 27, 2011 at 1:02 pm

He has it memorized? Oh… not to be creepy or anything, but I might love him… πŸ˜‰ It’s always been my fave and J will sit through it once in a great while for me, but that’s not the same!
Emily recently posted..Playing with my new toy–Windows Live Writer

29 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 27, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I really need to start swimming more often. It’s such an amazing workout..but I honestly get bored with it quite easily for some reason.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..End of one and back to another

30 Ali @ Ali Runs July 27, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I have the hardest time finding good one piece bathing suits for a decent price!! And that one is cute too!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..the best things in the world…

31 Meghann July 27, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Check out TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, etc. It’s a gold mine! πŸ™‚

32 Angie July 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Excellent swim workout πŸ™‚
Yeah definitely increase you pullbouy and kick board use. The more you strengthen them the better your whole stroke will be πŸ™‚
Angie recently posted..Motivation

33 Laura @ Starting Out Fit July 27, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Glad you enjoyed The Sound Of Music!! that’s one of my favourite childhood movies! πŸ™‚

34 BroccoliHut July 27, 2011 at 10:06 pm