HIM Training: Week 7

by Meghann on July 25, 2011

Whoa. Week 7 is over already?!

Previous weekly recaps:

What week 7 was ‘suppose’ to look like…

Screen shot 2011-07-25 at 11.08.11 AM.png

What it actually looked like…

Screen shot 2011-07-25 at 11.15.03 AM.png

I’d say that’s pretty darn good! Just a trim here and there with the red. πŸ™‚

A Breakdown of the Week

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

• Much needed REST

By the Numbers

• Swim: 5150 yds
  • Bike: 26 miles+ 60 min spin
  • Run: 17.7 miles
  • Strength: 2 Days

I hit a new personal record with my swim total for the week. Actually, all my numbers are up for the week, but it’s pretty safe to assume my olympic distance triathlon may have had something to do with that. πŸ˜‰

Thoughts

This week was a big week for training. It was my first full week back after being slightly derailed for an injury (it feels weird calling stitches an ‘injury’) and it was Tri week – which was sort of a test of my training thus far. The Olympic Distance is half the distance of a half ironman and since we’re (almost) officially halfway through, it would only seem appropriate to test out half the distance at this point.

The tri was a humbling experience, but in a good way. I know the areas I really have to work on (transitions, speed on the bike, more bricks, etc.), but I also know I’m on the right track. I’ve worked really hard and I was happy to feel some of that hard work pay off. I swam a mile in the ocean (half of it against the current), kept over 16+mph on the bike (HUGE for me), ran 6.2 miles in the sand, sun, and heat, AND lived to tell the tale – I’d say I’m doing pretty good. πŸ™‚

Food

I dined on lunch today while chatting it up with #TGFA on Twitter. (Have you heard about The Great Fundraising Act?!?! AWESOME cause! Check it out!)

My meal of choice included:

A grilled hummus, cheese, zucchini, red roasted pepper, and spinach sandwich. (yum!)

Pretzels and mustard

And a Pickle!

One last plug for The Great Fundraising Act! It’s a great cause to help a great blogger who is fighting the fight of her life right now. Bloggers unite! πŸ™‚

1 ellen July 25, 2011 at 2:38 pm

awesome week! how many left on the countdown?? this is so fun to follow… it has me considering a HIM… hmmm. good luck in week 8 πŸ™‚

2 Meghann July 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm

There are 16 weeks in total, so 8 (9?) left?

3 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Great job on your training this week!

4 Cait's Plate July 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Oh my – that sandwich looks to DIE for! Congrats on another awesome week of training!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Such a Cait Plate

5 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine July 25, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Congrats on your training Meghann. πŸ™‚ You’re doing a great job–very inspiring!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Rancho Palos Verdes

6 Asya July 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm

What calendar software do you use?

7 Meghann July 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm

It’s PowerPoint πŸ™‚

8 Shannon @ Mon Amour July 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Awesome training week! Keep up all the hard work!
Shannon @ Mon Amour recently posted..Back In the Game

9 Jacky Rose July 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I love the salad and the sandwich this making me hungry when i saw the picture but its good though thanks for sharing this with us. i am going to make like this on week end with my family.
Jacky Rose recently posted..Guilty Pleasures In Life

10 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 25, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Thank you so much for getting involved with TGFA! πŸ˜€ Such a wonderful cause! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Monday Motivation to Pursue Excellence!

11 Ashley July 25, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Is your appetite out of control with all this exercise? I feel like I would be hungry all the time!

12 Meghann July 25, 2011 at 4:55 pm

It’s normal. It was worst when I was marathon training last year.

13 Emily @ Savory and Savage July 25, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Wow, that is an impressive workout schedule – Congrats on all the hard work!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..The perfect summer dish

14 Hillary July 25, 2011 at 4:23 pm

That sandwich looks epic. Just sayin’.
Hillary recently posted..Backyard Farmer’s Market

15 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 25, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I’m sure you meant “bloggers UNITE” at the end of the post, but “Bloggers Unit” sort of reminds me of G-Unit…. I wonder if any HL Bloggies rap as well?? I’m sure we could find out after a few sips @HLSummit cocktail party, right?
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..The 61 Hour Wedding Whirlwind Weekend: The Rehearsal

16 Meghann July 25, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Ha! You definitely won’t find me rapping.

17 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) July 25, 2011 at 4:39 pm

After reading your blog for so long, I’m amazed that I have yet to try pretzels with mustard.. That’s a great schedule- good job staying organized and accountable w your training!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Glass half full

18 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 25, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I’m sure you were MORE than ready for that Sunday rest

…just like I’m more than ready for a veggie sandwich after reading this post… πŸ˜‰
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Pesto Salmon for One

19 Brooke July 25, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Pretty sure “pickle” doesn’t need to be capitalized.

20 Ali @ Ali Runs July 25, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I need to buy those pretzels! Every time I see you eating them on the blog, it makes me crave them even more!!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Handstands, Cartwheels, and Run!

21 Yolie @ Practising Wellness July 25, 2011 at 4:58 pm

oh my gosh, that lunch looks ridiculously good! so tasty – love toasted sandwiches πŸ™‚ and pretzels with mustard? quirky combo, lol! πŸ˜› i love the american squeezy mustard, its so mild and palatable, but english mustard makes my mouth burn so badly! congratulations on being so organised and committed to your training, it’s inspirational! πŸ™‚ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..guess who’s back…back again πŸ™‚

22 Amy July 25, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I think its awesome you did the half distances halfway through training — good thinking on that one.

Question, which mud race did you do wit Derek? I guess there is a crazy spartan one in Miami … http://www.spartanrace.com/spartan-obstacle-racing-events.php

23 Meghann July 25, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I did the Champions Mud Bash, but I have heard of the Spartan and that it’s a good one!

24 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 25, 2011 at 6:16 pm

It’s b/c of you that I have a serious pretzel + mustard obsession now!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Macadamia nut chocolate chip cookies

25 Cara July 25, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Meghann, I have held back from saying this for a very long time, but please learn the difference between ‘suppose’ and ‘supposed’. You use this word frequently, and always say suppose, which is most of the time incorrect. Try reading this for some help: http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/definitions/uninterested-vs-disinterested-suppose-vs-supposed/

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 25, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Wow, you rock… your training is seriously impressive!! πŸ™‚
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Somewhere between.

27 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 25, 2011 at 7:41 pm

WHOA! 7 weeks already!? Go you πŸ™‚

Love the panini idea!

28 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Holy Cow, that sandwich looks delicious! Grill a sandwich and it takes it to another level.
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Pizza in the Morning, Pizza in the Evening…

29 Bethany July 25, 2011 at 8:38 pm

that sandwich looks incredible!!

30 Emily July 26, 2011 at 8:23 am

Wow! Your training looks killer. I really need to get myself in a pool one of these days. I already have two of three of the sports fairly well at hand, but I don’t know if I can even swim a lap! I know how to stay afloat, but with such lack of practice that might be it.

You inspire me to try!