Lots of Rest

by Meghann on July 24, 2011

Good Morning!

After 9+ hours of sleep I feel refreshed and renewed. My body was craving sleep like crazy, I’m happy it finally got it.

Last night Derek and I had big plans for a big night out – just the two of us. The night started out great – we had dinner at a favorite local place of Derek’s (Ballyhoos).

Derek had a 1 lb burger.

He ate the whole thing. Plus fries.

And I had the grouper sandwich.

It was more bun than fish. Meh.

Putt Putt was next. Unfortunately it had rained all day and the course was waterlogged. When we called to check, we were instructed to ‘play at our own risk.’ That was the only excuse we needed to turn around and rent a move instead. I was exhausted and not complaining.

We did stop for ice cream on the way home.

One chocolate dipped vanilla cone.

IMG_9780.jpg

We rented the movie ‘Hall Pass’ and I lasted approximately 15 minutes before passing out. I wouldn’t blame it on the move though, I would have fallen asleep to Harry Potter 7.2 at that point.

We slept in this morning (felt soooo good) and I made french toast for breakfast.

Nothing fancy – just two pieces of bread dipped in a mix of egg, vanilla soy milk, flax seed, and a touch of chocolate protein powder.

I topped mine with plain yogurt, heated frozen cherries, chocolate chips, and granola.

The mix of hot cherries and chocolate chips was delicious. A great weekend breakfast. πŸ™‚

We have a big day planned of cleaning and errand running. Can’t wait. πŸ™‚

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 24, 2011 at 11:06 am

mmm chocolate dipped ice cream is a dream πŸ˜€ I’d take 1 pound of that any day..
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Mapley Goodness

2 Jessica Cohen July 24, 2011 at 11:09 am

WHERE IS THAT ice cream from?!?! Looks amazeballs!!! Need!!!

3 Meghann July 24, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Bo’s! Love that place. πŸ™‚

4 Hillary July 24, 2011 at 11:15 am

I was tired just reading your race recap yesterday, so I can imagine how exhausted you were! Ice cream + sleep = the cure to anything.
Hillary recently posted..Vacation Observations Part Deux

5 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 24, 2011 at 11:16 am

Wow that burger looks amazing. I don’t know if I would have been able to eat all of it though!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Hillstone

6 Gina @ running to the kitchen July 24, 2011 at 11:41 am

Dipped cones are my favorite ice cream treat. I usually get cherry though πŸ™‚

7 Kim July 24, 2011 at 11:43 am

if you get a chance to finish hall pass, you should! its pretty funny : )
Kim recently posted..indulging on vacation

8 Meghann July 24, 2011 at 12:53 pm

We finished it while eating breakfast. It was pretty funny – a great RedBox find for sure.

9 Holly July 24, 2011 at 11:50 am

Derek’s burger looks so good! Congrats on the race…you deserve lots of rest.
Holly recently posted..HIM Training: Week 2 Recap

10 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Enjoy your rest day! You earned it πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Seven Things on Saturday

11 Jessica July 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I think cleaning and errand running are the thing to do on Sundays. πŸ™‚
Jessica recently posted..A little bit of oops!

12 Shayla @ The Good Life July 24, 2011 at 1:44 pm

What a fun yummy day! I’ve been seriously craving an old fashioned chocolate dipped vanilla yogurt cone…looks sooo delish!! I gotta make that happen soon πŸ™‚
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Start & End the Day with…Ice Cream

13 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 24, 2011 at 1:46 pm

mmm your french toast look SOO yummy! I love the addition of the heated frozen cherries πŸ™‚ Have a great day of resting up! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Oldies Marketplace Newburyport and Stair Master Workout!

14 Katy (The Singing Runner) July 24, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I used to get a “vanilla cone dipped in chocolate” from DQ every Friday when I was in elementary school. It was the only time I got to really spend with my dad since he was so busy with work when I was younger.

I haven’t had one in years, but maybe I’ll go get one after my next long run. πŸ˜‰ There’s a DQ right up the street from my apartment!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Are Humans Not “Built” For Running?

15 Lindsey July 24, 2011 at 2:16 pm

That french toast looks delicious! We had french toast this morning too, and now I wish I would have thought of the chocolate chip addition!
Lindsey recently posted..Fair Fun! Emus, Donkeys and Sheep -Oh My!

16 Kelsey July 24, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I slept about 9 hours last night too! I love sleeping in on the weekends.
Kelsey recently posted..Brosix or a Free IM? The Choice is Simple

17 Kim Foster, MD July 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Sleep is so the key. Do I ever miss it (my 12 month old is *still* not sleeping through the night). And sleeping in? Fuhgettaboutit.

Enjoy your sleep while you can, ladies!
Kim Foster, MD recently posted..7 Secrets of Portion Control

18 Natalie @ southern fit foodie July 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Man, I love dipped cones! Classic and delicious. That French toast also looks wonderful πŸ™‚
Natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..MEXICO 2011

19 Raquelita July 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Oh, man! I haven’t had a dip cone in ages! Must have one sometime soon, for sure!
Raquelita recently posted..This Week in Shoes II

20 Cait's Plate July 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Wow – I am thoroughly impressed by Derek. That’s a manly man right there!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Low on Food

21 melissa (fitnessnyc) July 24, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Cleaning is kind of like an endurance event, and yet, that doesn’t make it any more appealing to me.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..The Giada Chronicles

22 Emily @ Savory and Savage July 24, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Recovery time is so important.
Derek’s hamburger looks amazing!
Nothing screams summer like chocolate dipped cones πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Oops, my trip to Ikea

23 Erica July 24, 2011 at 6:32 pm

ow! That vanilla ice cream cone looks fantastic! I might force Josh to take me out to ice cream this week! Glad you got some rest. Hall pass is OK…its a lot more of a romantic comedy than I expected it to be.
Erica recently posted..Grill 225 & Pregnancy Update/VLOG- Week 39

24 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes July 24, 2011 at 7:28 pm

awesome breakfast!
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Sorry Thighs

25 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 24, 2011 at 8:07 pm

That sounds like the perfect night to me, actually! I love good meals, great movies, and of course, ICE cream!!

Love your idea of a Sunday b-fast too, btw πŸ˜‰
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Healthy Mexican

26 Katherine July 24, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Ok, that french toast looks amazing!

27 Nikki aka pickynikki July 25, 2011 at 12:04 am

Wow, I can’t believe you were planning the date night after the tri… Your definately a trouper!!

Where do you find frozen cherries? I am SO jealous!
Nikki aka pickynikki recently posted..Bee Stung Look?

28 erica July 25, 2011 at 3:40 am

lol. every time i hear the word “grouper” now, i think of trouty mouth.
erica recently posted..quarantined

29 diana@mymarblerye July 25, 2011 at 8:48 am

you always get the best froyo and icecream treats there!

30 Yolie @ Practising Wellness July 25, 2011 at 9:21 am

Haha…man food = 1 pound burger…that’s huge! πŸ˜€ Looks like such a nice night! I would never ever have thought to put some protein powder in french toast…will have to try that, cause it looks delicious! πŸ™‚ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..guess who’s back…back again πŸ™‚

31 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 25, 2011 at 9:55 am

Aww, too bad putt-putt didn’t work out! Sleep is *always* good, though! I could use some of that myself…
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Treats that are not Sunny Seeds but are still Very Good #14

32 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 25, 2011 at 9:57 am

I love chocolate dipped cones… I think I may need to go get one of those today…
Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers recently posted..Baby Love

33 Alaina July 25, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Haha, it’s funny that Derek eats his burger with his pinky up. Very refined! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..A Successful 5k