Cantaloupe Bowl

by Meghann on July 22, 2011

Good Morning!

And Happy Friday!

I just returned from a 4 mile run and feel fabulous. Nothing like a morning run to really pump up your energy in the morning (I promise – it’s better than coffee!).

Breakfast was a refreshing serving of yogurt and cereal in a cantaloupe bowl.

I just stuffed 1/2 a cantaloupe with peanut butter, plain yogurt, and Uncle Sam Cereal and served with a spoon.

The 1/2 a cantaloupe was perfect for rehydrating after my sweaty run. Despite leaving my house at 6:30am, I still returned drenched in sweat. It’s HOT out there!

Knee Update

I had a few requests for a mini knee update.

Well, I’m happy to announce that everything is pretty much back to normal. No more pain, no more swelling, and the bruising is all gone. All I’m left with is a mini scar to remind me of my 10 day stint with stitches.

Looks great, right?

Here’s a refresher of what it looked like 2 weeks ago.

It’s crazy how fast our bodies recover! You just have to sit back and let it do its recovery thing. 🙂

Crowdsource the Course

My friend Jason from IWearYourShirt.com has expanded his successful entrepreneur title once again by adding one more venture to his profile: Crowdsource the Course. Crowdsource the Course is an online learning environment where businesses looking to expand their social media presence can come and learn how to do it effectively and efficiently where it’s all about them.

Registration for Course 1: Social Media is open now. I highly recommend that anyone and everyone looking to learn more about how to use social media, and more specifically how to use it for business purposes check it out! (Disclaimer: This is an affiliate link, but that doesn’t stop me from believing in what Jason is doing! He rocks and really knows his stuff! 🙂 )

7 Links

I’m working on a 7 Links post for this afternoon, any guesses which posts I’ll be picking? 😉

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 22, 2011 at 9:20 am

Wow, your knee looks a million times better! I also love using melons as bowls.. honeydew works great too! Have a fab day Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Fit Bit Friday #3

2 Fit Chick Britt July 22, 2011 at 9:22 am

Wow, your knee really has healed! Looking forward to the 7-links post! Such a neat idea.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..A Rough Start to a Good Day

3 Cait's Plate July 22, 2011 at 9:22 am

It really is crazy how quickly our bodies recover from things. I’m glad for you that it’s being so speedy!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Sushi & Catch-Up

4 michelle July 22, 2011 at 9:22 am

I have no idea which posts you will be picking – there are so many to choose from. I think maybe you’ll choose your sub 4 hour marathon for one of them.
michelle recently posted..Frankfurt Marathon Registration / Happy Birthday / Other Things

5 Angie July 22, 2011 at 9:23 am

Fab breakfast idea! I will be trying that and saving some washing up time too 🙂

6 Joy (A Little Bit Fit) July 22, 2011 at 9:28 am

That breakfast looks awesome! I wish I liked melons. I would love to eat a bowl made out of food that wasn’t bread!
Joy (A Little Bit Fit) recently posted..My FitBit Thinks I Am Lazy

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

I’m glad your knee is better!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Taco Cups + Impulse Buy

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 22, 2011 at 9:36 am

I bought a cantaloup yesterday and left the half I didn’t eat all scooped out and ready for a yogurt bowl this morning and then I woke up, ate breakfast and forgot about it! Always tomorrow…
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Food that makes you feel better

9 Ashley July 22, 2011 at 9:41 am

I love cantaloupe bowls with cottage cheese. It is silly but, cantaloupe bowls never even occurred to me until I received it that way at this little diner. Who knew!

10 melissa (fitnessnyc) July 22, 2011 at 9:42 am

No guesses for the post! Glad your knee heeled!!!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Writers, Running and Audrina’s Abs

11 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 22, 2011 at 9:58 am

I’ve always wanted to do the cantaloupe bowl but can’t bring myself to using an entire half in one meal. Maybe when I get back home when I don’t really have to worry about budget that much..otherwise melons get stretched out as long as possible haha! It does look delicious, though. 🙂

12 kim - the crunchy kind July 22, 2011 at 10:00 am

so glad your knee has healed! you are a lucky one. i have a persistent knee injury from a car accident 8 years ago that STILL gets in the way of running every now and then. such a bummer.

13 christina cadden July 22, 2011 at 10:08 am

Your breakfast looks yummy and your knee looks great!

14 Erin July 22, 2011 at 10:42 am

It is good practice to let readers know when you are sharing an affiliate link (http://crowdsourcethecourse.com/mealsandmiles/). You have a wide reach and it is misleading to your readers, if it happens that you get a percentage of the course fee, not just that you love the product/course.

15 Meghann July 22, 2011 at 10:45 am

You’re right. I’ve added a disclaimer.

16 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me July 22, 2011 at 10:52 am

Knee looks much better!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Weekend Away!

17 Brittany @ ittybitsofbalance July 22, 2011 at 10:54 am

Your leg looks so much better! Great job nursing yourself back into health 🙂

18 Mallory @ It's Only Life July 22, 2011 at 11:13 am

That melon bowl looks great- I’ve never thought to use a melon like that. Will have to do that sometime!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Things I Love Thursday: Part Two

19 karin (allpointswhole) July 22, 2011 at 11:59 am

Great job on your run!! Cant wait to read your 7 links

ps I am chompin away on cantaloupe right now
karin (allpointswhole) recently posted..Freeing Sisyphus: What Are the Most Frustrating 15 Minutes of Your Day?

20 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 22, 2011 at 12:04 pm

The body IS so amazing. I love watching it heal 🙂 Glad you’re back to normal!

21 Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 22, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Your knee looks soooo much better!! Glad you’re healing.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Hanging With my #1 Bitch.

22 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 22, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Glad your knee is looking/feeling better! I never think to buy cantaloupes – they are so delicious!
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Sweet

23 Lauren July 22, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Glad you knee is feeling better. This reminds me that I have to get my stitches out tomorrow. 🙁 Does it hurt?
Lauren recently posted..WINNER!!!

24 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 22, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Your knee looks so much better! It was looking pretty rough two weeks ago. Glad it’s better!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Post Long Run French Toast

25 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit July 22, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I need to get on this cantaloupe bowl train. I love food containers I can eat (i.e. waffle cone bowls, bread bowls, etc.)

You’re knee looks so much better compared to the first picture. It’s awesome that you didn’t let your injury derail you from your training!