Skyping

by Meghann on July 19, 2011

First of all – Group Skype is awesome.

Screen shot 2011-07-19 at 7.33.37 PM.png

I was able to video chat with both my parents (+ Scooby!) and my twin brother (all the way in California!) at the same time. I haven’t seen ( or even really chatted) with my brother since he moved to Los Angeles last month, so it was nice to catch up. πŸ™‚

Dr. Anderson seems to be settling into the crazy L.A. lifestyle effortlessly. He’s been consistently working the 8:00pm – 10:00am shift at the hospital, sight seeing when ever he’s not working, and has learned that caffeine is his new best friend. I’m hoping I can fly out there and visit him soon!

Besides the 45 minute group chat, my day was pretty typical around here. Lots of computer work followed by lots of good food.

It’s hot outside and when it’s hot I tend to lean towards cool, refreshing salads lunch.

Today’s Mix

• Spinach
  • Chickpeas
  • Roasted Red Peppers
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Olives
  • Raisins
  • Spicy Jack Cheese
  • Dressing = EVOO + Vinegar + Lemon Juice

Cinnamon Pita Chips are my new favorite thing. πŸ˜‰

Afternoon Cereal Snack

Dinner

Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite go-to meals because it’s ridiculously easy to make. (At least the way I do it is…)

• Coat thin chicken cutlets with seasoned bread crumbs
  • Bake at 400 for 5 minutes
  • Flip
  • Top with marinara sauce and cheese
  • Bake 5 more minutes
  • Done!

Easy peasy! And Delicious! It’s one of Derek’s faves. πŸ™‚

I kept it easy with some steamed frozen veggies on the side.

A new dessert: frozen peaches and dark chocolate chips. πŸ™‚

Really good, but my teeth are just a tad too sensitive to eat so much frozen fruit in one sitting. I had to chase the fruit with a hot cup of tea. πŸ™‚

That’s all from me.

Good Night!

1 Katherine July 19, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Frozen peaches have never been my favorite. They seem to loose all their flavor.
O, and group skype is pretty awesome!

2 Hillary July 19, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Skype is my jam. My boyfriend and I are long distance, and once we discovered Skype, our worlds were changed. I know that sounds dramatic, but I’m serious! Seeing someone is so much better than just talking on the phone.

Oh, and try dipping those cinnamon pita chips in Nutella. That’s what my college roomies and I used to eat for dessert. It’s sinfully awesome.
Hillary recently posted..Vacation Observations

3 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine July 19, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I need to try making Chicken Parmesan like that–looks awesome!

4 Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) July 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I’m a huge Skype fan! I haven’t gotten around to group skyping yet… must do.
Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) recently posted..Keepin’ Kewl…

5 Jenn July 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I am crazy about frozen peaches! I especially love them when I’m pregnant and it’s hot out. I make my husband go to Aldi and buy at least 2 bags for me. I could eat bucket loads of them πŸ™‚ Sometimes they’re a little hard on my teeth so I let them thaw a little before eating, like 15 minutes or so.

Skype is great too! I haven’t tried to group chat yet though. Did you see that you can now video chat on Facebook? They teamed up with Skype and launched last week. I’ve used it a couple of times already to talk with a friends in Boston who just had a baby. It was perfect since it will be a while before get to meet the little guy.

6 Amy* July 19, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I never used skype until my husband joined the Army. Now it’s our lifeline! I didn’t know you could group skype, though. Cool!*
Amy* recently posted..What’s that thing on his face?

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 19, 2011 at 9:55 pm

CA is so fun! I’ll be jealous when you make it out there for a visit! πŸ™‚
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Book Review: Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen

8 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 19, 2011 at 10:09 pm

The only frozen fruit that I can eat frozen (and not thawed or in a smoothie) is frozen cherries. They are so sweet but not so sweet that your teeth start stinging.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..My Home Gym

9 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm

yey for skyping with family! my family makes a group skype date at least once a month because we are scattered all across the country. Thank goodness for it! πŸ™‚

Your chicken parm looks delish we are all about the eggplant parm also πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Best Meals, Favorite Dishes & Most Delicious Desserts WIAW

10 Shannon July 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Skype is awesome! My husband just started his residency out in Dallas so we’ve used to talk with our best friends in Charlotte! Now I just need to get my parents to figure out how to use it πŸ™‚
Shannon recently posted..Some new races!!

11 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 19, 2011 at 10:17 pm

GROUP SKYPE!? They invented that!? Where the heck have I been?????
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Vegan Wheat-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancake

12 Errign July 19, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Those cinnamon sugar pitas are like craaaack.
Errign recently posted..Cool Off Recipes!

13 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 19, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I think I may be the last one on the planet to use skype. It looks so cool but I’ve still yet to try it out!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sidelined with cookies

14 Jessica @ The Process of Healing July 19, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Chicken parm is sooo good! I love to top pasta with grilled chicken, marinara, and cheese… no words.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Little Bit Random

15 courtney (pancakes and postcards) July 19, 2011 at 11:00 pm

aww group skype! cute πŸ™‚
courtney (pancakes and postcards) recently posted..Weekend Wrap-Up: GrubWithUs, Harry and AIDS Walk SF

16 Sally Kate July 19, 2011 at 11:17 pm

i had no idea group skype was an option- this is going to change my life… once i figure out how to do it!!
speaking of yummy frozen fruit- frozen cherries are AMAZING!!! go get some- now!!
Sally Kate recently posted..just a taste of what comes tomorrow…

17 Mallory @ It's Only Life July 19, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I love frozen fruit- especially berries. Much cheaper to buy and they taste just as great!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Random things I have been/am/will be obsessed with: Part One

18 Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open July 20, 2011 at 12:24 am

I have never used Skype! I really need to get with you. Your salad looks soooo yummy! I love chickpeas!
Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open recently posted..Garlic Smashed Blue Potatoes

19 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 20, 2011 at 1:25 am

That’s a crazy schedule for your brother! How many days a week does he work? 5 days a week of that would get old fast πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Smooth vs. Crunchy

20 Hayley @ Hayley Daily July 20, 2011 at 3:09 am

All of the food looks so good!

I’m a big fan of Skype. Living in a foreign country, I’ve become a heavy user…I talk to my parents and siblings a lot, especially my one sibling that is watching my dog for me. πŸ™‚ I love to skype with my dogs! πŸ™‚
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..So, Question…

21 Ashley July 20, 2011 at 3:22 am

I had no idea you could group skype! I need to do that since I live in London and skype a lot with my family and friends.
Ashley recently posted..Marriage Advice

22 Mia July 20, 2011 at 6:55 am

I have to know what brand of pita chips you buy, they look so much thicker (and tastier) than any of the ones I’ve ever bought at the store!

23 Caitlin July 20, 2011 at 7:06 am

athenos are really thick and yummy! I have only tried the plain version, though πŸ™‚

24 Meghann July 20, 2011 at 9:33 am

They’re Sami’s Bakery. It’s a local Tampa bakery that can be found in all the health stores around here.

25 Lauren July 20, 2011 at 7:04 am

I didn’t know skype had the group option now. So cool! I heard it’s coming to facebook though which should be cool.
Lauren recently posted..Positively Outspoken

26 Caitlin July 20, 2011 at 7:06 am

I have been eating frozen peaches like that as well. I also love to heat them up for about 1 minute 20 seconds, then sprinkle cinnamon over them. Then add to plain yogurt, oatmeal, etc. So good!

27 Laura July 20, 2011 at 7:50 am

I’ve cringed the last two days seeing your frozen desserts! They look like a great summer dessert, but my teeth are also too sensitive to eat frozen fruit like that.
Laura recently posted..Monster Cookies

28 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 20, 2011 at 7:50 am

Ooooh I like the idea of the frozen peaches and chocolate chips!! Fruit + chocolate = love! Well, anything + chocolate is usually good in my book! πŸ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Remembering Guatemala

29 Alaina July 20, 2011 at 8:16 am

I love Skype! I’ve been able to skype with my husband in Afghanistan and my cousin in Japan. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Quiet Sunday Morning

30 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 20, 2011 at 8:26 am

I feel like it would have been SO COOL to have Skype in high school and college. What did we do before all this awesome technology?
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Gym Alternatives

31 Meghann July 20, 2011 at 9:35 am

I know! AIM was the cool way to chat back in the day.

32 Hope July 20, 2011 at 8:45 am

That chicken parmasean looks so quick and easy to make! I’m going to have to try making it that way. So yummy! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Back To Square One…

33 Cait's Plate July 20, 2011 at 8:47 am

Oh my gosh group skype is so something my family is all about! (We’re all kind of obsessed with each other and have even been known to group skype while in the same room!)

I’m still dying for some cinnamon sugar pita chips – those look awesome!

PS – So jealous of Josh living the LA lifestyle! I’d die to live on the west coast!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Warm Strawberries

34 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 20, 2011 at 8:51 am

YIKES! The moment I saw those frozen peaches my mouth started to hurt…. My teeth are pussycats when it comes to stuff like that.

I miss my siblings too, but it seems like everyone’s too busy for a real skype. Thank goodness for picture messaging, and they get to read my blog to know how I’m doing, or else I’d be that rogue sister in the South doing GOD KNOWS WHAT!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..The Little Meal that Could

35 Ali @ Ali Runs July 20, 2011 at 9:12 am

It is amazing what technology can do now. When my sister was in Spain, I talked to her more (through Skype and BBM) then I did when she was away at college. It’s such an awesome way to keep connected.

PS–LOVE the idea of frozen peaches and chocolate chips. yum!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Books, Spin, and Hot!

36 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 20, 2011 at 9:14 am

I LOVE group ichats. The best when everyone lives so far away!!

I am in love with cinnamon pita chips too….so dang good!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..FIT

37 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 20, 2011 at 9:15 am

Two thumbs up for chicken parm in my book!
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Lisa’s Story #7

38 Lauren July 20, 2011 at 11:41 am

Dinner looks great! I love chicken (and eggplant) parmesan – and it definitely seems to be one of those meals that men can’t get enough of, either.
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

39 Katie G. July 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

i love the cinnamon pita chips!
Katie G. recently posted..What Next?

40 Ashley July 20, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Ahh those cinnamon pita chips are like crack! Sooo yummy!

41 Melissa @ TryingToHeal July 20, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Uh, yeah! when are you coming out here woman!!! We have some serious catching up to do!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Why Skinny? Pt II

42 Meghann July 21, 2011 at 10:33 am

I know! I miss you!!!! I want to come out soon!!