A Running Fool

by Meghann on July 19, 2011

Just call me a running fool. πŸ™‚

Typical Tuesday. 60 minute spin class. 30 minute run.

Scratch that.

36 minute run.

I’m so over the treadmill. My legs wanted to run, so I took them outside and just let them go. And you know what? They felt great!

After the accident the only thing I could think about was recovery for my knee. When it didn’t heal overnight I began to grow impatient and nightmares of permanent damage plagued my mind. Luckily, I was able to keep my cool and just let my knee heal in it’s own time. When the stitches did come out I knew my knee wasn’t at 100%, but it was getting there.

The stitches have been gone a week and I’m happy to say my knee feels 100% again. Three cheers for making a full recovery!! πŸ™‚

After my run I raced back home to dig into a package of bagels I bought last week.

IMG_9616.jpg

I’m obsessed with Sami’s Bakery (a local bakery that specializes in Gluten Free breads). Everything I’ve ever bought from them has been fresh and really grainy, hearty and delicious.

I toasted up a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel and smothered it with ricotta cheese, blueberry jam, and a few dark chocolate chips.

It’s a cannoli bagel. πŸ™‚

Side of grapes for the heck of it.

Savage Videos

My new YouTube friends from the Sunday Savage Race Sneak Preview posted their videos on YouTube yesterday. These guys are hilarious! Check their videos out below and see if you can spot a couple of cameos from yours truly. πŸ˜‰

TheMightyThor1212

RootBerry

TheTimTracker

1 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life July 19, 2011 at 10:52 am

Your post made me crave a cannoli!

2 Molly July 19, 2011 at 10:53 am

Congrats on the knee recovery. I just sprained my ankle and am hoping for a quick track back to running as well. Just gonna lift weights in the meantime, but I feel your pain. Panic can set in if your results aren’t QUITE as forthcoming as you’d like!!!
Molly recently posted..A Wonderful Wisconsin Weekend

3 katieRUNSthis July 19, 2011 at 10:54 am

So glad your knee is feeling better after the spill! I have fallen on my bike a couple of times (not pretty) and it is always so frustrating. And both times, I swear I don’t know how it happened. Seriously, it was as if the bike flew out from underneath me! Craziness.

That bagel looks divine. It never really crossed my mind to put a few chocolate chips on a bagel, but I am SO going to try that! I know what’s for breakfast tomorrow! πŸ™‚
katieRUNSthis recently posted..Running on GREEN.

4 Casey July 19, 2011 at 10:55 am

I’m glad your knee is healed and you can run again, Meghann! Woo hoo!

5 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather July 19, 2011 at 10:56 am

Whoop whoop for a full recovery! Sounds like a kick butt workout. I’m totally gunna check those videos out tonight when I get back to my computer.

6 carissa July 19, 2011 at 11:03 am

That bagel looks amazing!!! Amazing!
carissa recently posted..Best First Date Restaurant in Orlando

7 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 19, 2011 at 11:06 am

I never thought of putting ricotta on a bagel. Sounds delicious!

8 michelle July 19, 2011 at 11:10 am

I’m so over the treadmill too. It gets so boring. All I do is stare at the clock wanting the agony to be over
michelle recently posted..My Little Secret

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 19, 2011 at 11:11 am

A cannoli bagel!? Sign me up!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sidelined with cookies

10 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 19, 2011 at 11:13 am

Your bagel looks delicious! I had a loaded one today as well: mashed banana and peanut butter. I wish I had thrown a few choc chips on there as well.

I’m glad your knee is better!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..My Home Gym

11 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 19, 2011 at 11:15 am

Mmm bagels seem to be on everyone’s mind lately. How comparable in taste are your GF bagels to regular ones?
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Lisa’s Story #7

12 Meghann July 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

They taste the same. I don’t even care that it’s gluten free – I just like that it’s made with millet and flax πŸ™‚

13 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 19, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Sweet! I will have to find some and try them then. πŸ™‚
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Lisa’s Story #7

14 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles July 19, 2011 at 11:22 am

Oooh, a cannoli bagel?! That looks like a great breakfast!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Beach & Burgers

15 Sophie July 19, 2011 at 11:25 am

So glad to read that you’ve made a good recovery Meghann! πŸ™‚
Sophie recently posted..Happy Tuesday!

16 Cait's Plate July 19, 2011 at 11:25 am

So glad you’re officially back on your feet! I’m jealous of your nice run this morning – I’ve been sidelined since January and it’s torture!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Iced Coffee Kind of Day

17 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 19, 2011 at 11:37 am

Yey for being a running fool! πŸ™‚

I love the ricotta + bagel combo mmm mmm! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..The Dangers of Decaf Coffee: Truths, Myths, & Alternatives

18 Casey July 19, 2011 at 11:40 am

Can’t say I was a huge fan of those videos. I actually had to stop watching them after a few minutes…too much shaking going on!

Glad your knee is better!

19 Jess@atasteofconfidence July 19, 2011 at 11:40 am

Yay for the knee being completely healed!

20 karin (allpointswhole) July 19, 2011 at 11:48 am

Love the headband and great job on the run!!
karin (allpointswhole) recently posted..Post surgery update

21 Natalie S. July 19, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Glad your knee is feeling better! I can definitely sympathize with the frustration of an injury that sidelines you. Rewarding your patience with a cannoli bagel is a FANTASTIC idea!!!
Natalie S. recently posted..summer quinoa salad

22 s July 19, 2011 at 12:17 pm

ah that bagel looks super good! “carbs!!” is my tired battlecry today…

23 linz July 19, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Woooohooo! Glad you’re back at it!

24 Hayley @ Hayley Daily July 19, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Nice workout! And the bagel looks so yummy. πŸ™‚
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..So, Question…

25 sirenjess July 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Thanks for answering my question on the whey protein. I have another question…how did you make your race bib book? I have a friend who is thinking of taking her bibs and scrap booking them. Thanks.

26 Meghann July 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I made it using iPhoto on my MacBook πŸ™‚

27 Emily @ Savory and Savage July 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm

That is wonderful that your knee is doing better. It is so hard to be patient when your body is healing.

Lol, a cannoli bagel πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Cooking while lying down

28 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 19, 2011 at 1:29 pm

mmm I love me a good bagel! Thanks for the craving for one, girl πŸ˜‰
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..How To Shed Body Fat

29 Hope July 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I love your cannoli bagel! I want one! Now I want a bagel. πŸ™
Hope recently posted..Do You Museli?…

30 Hillary July 19, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I totally respect your decision to put ricotta cheese on everything. I think I need to start doing that.
Hillary recently posted..Vacation Moderation

31 Mike @ How To Make A Smoothie At Home July 19, 2011 at 3:19 pm

The cinnamon raisin bagel looks amazing. Good luck with your journey.

32 Krystina (Organically Me) July 19, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Your love of ricotta cheese makes me happy.
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Things Men Shouldn’t Do to (Women) Runners

33 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 19, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Leave the gun, take the canoli (bagel).
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Squeezing it all in….

34 Laura @ Backstage Pass July 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm

The videos are hilarious! I love TheTimTracker’s handlebar mustache, haha.
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Milwaukee’s Storm the Bastille Run: A 5k PR!

35 Ali @ Ali Runs July 19, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I love love love cinnamon raisin bagels! I don’t blame you at all for being sick of the treadmill. Sounds like how I feel when it’s winter in NY.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Moonlight Sail & Cast Away Party