Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two

by Meghann on July 16, 2011

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART II WAS AWESOME!

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-movie-poster.jpg

Just to prove how much of a Harry Potter fanatic I am – a look back at my favorite Harry Potter blog posts:

If I had started blogging in high school this list also would’ve included

• How I started reading the series when the first movie came out in 2001.
  • That I finished the first 4 books in a week.
  • All of the midnight runs to Wal-Mart to purchase the latest books.
  • The three times I’ve re-read the series
  • Falling asleep fully clothed on the couch waiting to pick up Harry Potter 7 the night it was released.
  • Dressing up in costume to see the midnight releases of the Harry Potter movies in college
  • Etc. πŸ™‚

I’m a Harry Potter fan, my family are Harry Potter fans, and together we took up an entire row in the theater this evening – complete with two containers of popcorn (I had a few handfuls through the movie) and 4 medium drinks.

Part II begins right where Part I dropped off. It immediately dives back into the action and barely gives you a minute to catch your breath or think “wait a minute? what happened in part I again?” (This was when I realized I should’ve re-watched part I before seeing part II – the memories were a little stale after 6 months and the memories of reading the book 3? 4? years ago were even staler).

The movie moved fast. There was constant action, a few tears, and a lot of sitting on the edge of my seat in suspense. Seeing all of the familiar faces from the past 7 movies return for the finale had me smiling – especially the minor role characters – which the director could’ve easily cut – were left in to say their final good byes.

I’m not sure how many fans outs there haven’t read the book or seen the movie yet, so I’ll hold my tongue on specific details regarding the movie. But, trust me – it was one of my favorite Harry Potter movies yet!

The best part was actually seeing Neville man up and kick some bad guy booty.

harry-potter-deathly-hallows2-neville-longbottom-poster2.jpg

Hubba. Hubba. He can use his magic to save my life anytime he wants. πŸ˜‰

(Is it weird saying that after seeing him grow up on screen the last ten years? Michelle and Julie were having the same debate at lunch today.)

The movie was a little bittersweet. Yes, I was counting down the days for the final installment, but with the books done and the movies finished – what’s next? Pottermore, perhaps?;)

I’m staying with my sister and her fiance tonight. After the movie we went back to her place and made a batch of bean burgers for dinner.

Kelly and Anthony are skilled in the bean making department. They mush the beans by hand with a fork and add a liberal amount of bread crumbs until they’ve reached bean burger perfection.

Steamed broccoli and carrots for a little something green.

Just a touch of ice cream for dessert.

I’m with Oliver.

It’s time for bed.

Good Night!

1 Christine @ BookishlyB July 16, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I’ve read them all but haven’t seen any of the movies! I figure I’ll wait until they’re all out on DVD in December have a Harry Potter-athon over the holidays in the comfort of my own home, where I can hit pause to go to the bathroom πŸ˜‰ I did feel a little sad missing out on the last big opening πŸ™

2 Gretchen @ Honey, I Shrunk the Gretchen! July 16, 2011 at 11:24 pm

It’s HAllows, Meghann! Not Hollows. But I’ll chalk it up to post-movie mourning slash excitement. πŸ˜‰ As a book lover/obsesser, I thought the movie was simply perfect. Sure it differed from the book, but all of the movies did. I consider them a tribute to the story in their own right. I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Saw it for the second time today (you better believe I was the midnight showing! Recap on the blog.)
Gretchen @ Honey, I Shrunk the Gretchen! recently posted..The End of an Era

3 Jaime July 16, 2011 at 11:28 pm

haha, I literally JUST came home from HP7.2 to find this post. Perfect timing! I agree with everything you said! GREAT movie. I’m sad it’s all over!

4 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 16, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Hahahhaha I read so many books when I was younger, I should be embarrassed but I’m not πŸ˜‰
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Peanut Flour Lava + Cute Little Nuggets!

5 To Kiss the Cook July 16, 2011 at 11:40 pm

It makes me so happy that you’re a huge fan as well! I dressed up as Professor Trelawney this time…my first time going whole hog on the costume. So much fun and wow…I was not disappointed by the film itself. Glad they gave Snape his due. Ready to see it again in IMAX next week. Alohomora!
To Kiss the Cook recently posted..Why Violet, You’re Turning Violet! A Wicked Vegetable Patch Update

6 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 16, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I have yet to start reading the books or seeing the movies — I keep telling myself that ONE DAY I will start!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Bellies + Bosses

7 Katherine July 16, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Sooooo excited about seeing Part 2 tomorrow!
Katherine recently posted..Veganizing At Restaurants

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 16, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I haven’t seen the last 3 movies but I kinda want to see this one so maybe I need to netflix some of those first to catch myself up!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Strawberry nectarine lime bellini

9 Jessica @ The Process of Healing July 17, 2011 at 12:00 am

I can’t wait to see it but I think I’m also subconsciously putting it off because i don’t want it to end πŸ™
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Myrtle Beach 2011

10 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life July 17, 2011 at 12:04 am

I felt the exact same way about Neville!!! He’s turned into quite the hunk! I still remember that pudgy faced awkward kid from Sorcerer’s Stone. Sigh. I’m still in denial that it’s REALLY over. #nerdalert
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..Favorite Friday

11 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 17, 2011 at 12:04 am

I saw it at MIDNIGHT, and enjoyed every wonderful second of it. I am HUGE fan of HP, (I loovvveee the books), so this was a bittersweet thing for me too. But all in all, such a great series.

YAH for other HP fans out there!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Epic in Food and Show

12 Jen G. July 17, 2011 at 12:18 am

I’ve been rewatching all the previous movies this weekend. I just took a break in the middle of Half Blood Prince so I can get ready for bed. I plan to finish it and Part I tomorrow, then go see the matinee showing of Part II! So exciting!

13 Jess@atasteofconfidence July 17, 2011 at 12:47 am

I love how Neville grew up, too! Handsome and brave, finally! πŸ˜‰
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Flashforward Friday

14 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife July 17, 2011 at 1:57 am

I whole heartedly agree with your review. I was shaking (from suspense) pretty much the entire movie. Did you laugh when they showed “grown-up” Harry, Hermione, and Ron?
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Honeymoon Recap: House Without a Key

15 Meghann July 17, 2011 at 7:24 am

Yes! That was one of the things I wanted to blog about, but I didn’t want to spoil it for anyone.

16 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife.com July 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Yeah, there are a few things that I want to say, but don’t want to spoil it. Like how we saw the 10:10pm showing and Harry died exactly at midnight. But if you’ve read the books you should know that Harry doesn’t really die . . . Oh it was so exciting!
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife.com recently posted..Live from Boston

17 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 17, 2011 at 3:13 am

Aahhh! I’m so excited to see HP, but I have to wait for my sister to come home next week (I promised I would wait to see it with her). It’s going to be torture reading these kinds of posts! But in a good way. πŸ˜‰ Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

By the way, I named my new Boston Terrier puppy Dobby. Just thought I would share. πŸ™‚
Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers recently posted..No Time to Waste

18 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 17, 2011 at 6:34 am

I’ve been waiting anxiously to use my fandango living social deal on this very film…. next week, it all ends!

In the meantime, though, I just re-read your post about HPWorld!! Ah, I scheduled a totally random trip for me and my 6 family members in October, and can’t WAIT to see the park/hopefully have it all decked out for Halloween!!!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Breakfast by the Boardwalk: An OCNJ Treat

19 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 17, 2011 at 6:35 am

I lovelovelove staying with my vegetarian friends! They dominate any food in the bean/legume department and know how to PERFECT it– πŸ˜€
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Tweet Tweet

20 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs July 17, 2011 at 7:43 am

I can’t wait to reread the series and have marathon Harry Potter movie sessions! The last movie was great! The only way I’d change it is to give Snape his own short film to tell his story :-p

21 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio July 17, 2011 at 8:06 am

It really was a wonderful movie!! I couldn’t go on Thursday night, so you know I saw it as soon as I could on Friday.
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Rest Well Grandma

22 Hillary July 17, 2011 at 8:28 am

I think it’s totally ok to be drooling over Neville. I think he’s only 2-3 years younger than us, and he is mighty delicious all of a sudden ; )
Hillary recently posted..S’more What?

23 Dani Delicatessen July 17, 2011 at 8:49 am

Your brother proposed there!? That is amazing! HP & Bean burgers, sounds like a great night to me : )
Dani Delicatessen recently posted..Abandoned in Roma

24 Meghann July 17, 2011 at 9:07 am

Yes! His fiance is obsessed with Harry Potter. It was really sweet.

25 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs July 17, 2011 at 9:07 am

And did you SEE how hot he is now that he’s had his teeth fixed??

*OK, feeling dirty again (but DANG!)*
Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs recently posted..Sunday Morning Motivation

26 Meghann July 17, 2011 at 9:49 am

Holy Crap!!!! Wowza!

27 Hilary July 17, 2011 at 9:09 am

I’ve never seen any of the HP movies or read the books…true story! And those burgers look good…especially with the “bed crumbs” (sorry, I couldn’t resist).
Hilary recently posted..Chill out!

28 Carissa July 17, 2011 at 9:17 am

All this Harry Potter “hub-bub” makes me wish I would never have gotten out of touch with the series. I read and saw the first 4…and then..I don’t know what happened. I just fell behind and have yet to catch up! I’m sad now because I don’t want to watch 7 without reading all the books. Can you tell my biochem teacher to let me read Harry and not about protein synthesis?
Carissa recently posted..2011 Central Florida Blogger Conference

29 Lacey @ Lake Life July 17, 2011 at 9:31 am

I just started reading the series about a month and a half ago. I finished the 4th book on Friday night and am completely hooked!

30 Cait's Plate July 17, 2011 at 9:42 am

I saw it last night too! LOVED it! I think it was by far my favorite of all the movies. I can’t wait to see it again!

31 Jessica July 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I went to a local book store for the midnight release of the last book and I was up until at least 3am reading it! I think I finished it by the end of the weekend. πŸ™‚
Jessica recently posted..What’s in a name?

32 Katie July 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Oh man, I could write a novel about how much Harry Potter was a part of my childhood…and this last movie coming out really feels like I’m closing the door on 13 years of being a fan. I started reading the books in 1998 when the very first one was released. Rosie O’Donnell had J.K. Rowling on her show because she’d read HP and the Sorcerer’s Stone and had loved it so much. Well, that pretty much hooked me. The hubby and I are planning on an afternoon showing tomorrow in the hopes that it won’t be insanely packed. But yeah, I’m going to cry. I am quite sure that my husband wanted to pretend he didn’t know me after I soaked his tee shirt shoulder crying in the theater when Dobby died. Note to self: bring tissues with me for this one…
Katie recently posted..Safari Sunday

33 Emily @ Life on Food July 17, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I just saw the last movie. I love it, and now it is all over. Tear!
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Weekend Edition: Running

34 Amy July 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Harry Potter is something that I never got into… I haven’t read any of the books.
Amy recently posted..First Fat Comments, Now Too Skinny

35 Megan July 18, 2011 at 10:24 am

I actually just said to my brother after we saw the movie that they couldn’t have picked a better character for Neville. He was the perfect awkward little boy for the first few movies and has grown up to be quite a cutie! Loved the movie!

36 Stephanie July 18, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Move over Samuel L. Jackson – Neville Longbottom is the new BAMF. =)

I cried so much, my husband was like “Are you going to be okay?”

37 Sophie July 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm

So after reading this post a few days ago I had to do a bit of online stalking of Neville….and he got hot!!! Seriously! A little wierd perhaps, but whatever πŸ˜‰ I’m even more excited to see the movie now!
Sophie recently posted..30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 18!