more ยป" />

Time to say good-bye

by Meghann on July 15, 2011

What do you think? Does Maddie looks like she’s ready to go home?

I don’t think so either. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maddie has had way too much fun on this island vacation.

IMG_1151.JPGIMG_1201.JPGIMG_8995.JPG IMG_8904.JPG IMG_8863.JPGIMG_8898.JPGIMG_0026.JPG

One spoiled pup, but I love her anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m not ready to go home either. It’s been a great vacation that has flown by way too quickly. Maddie and I have the 9:00am boat out of here and I’m sad to leave the island behind.

For those of you who asked – we stayed on North Captiva Island. You can read my North Captiva Island Review from last year by clicking here.

I took advantage of my last morning on the island with a solo 3 mile run. It’s HOT and HUMID here, so even though I left just after 6:30am it was still too hot to go much farther than that.

I made myself an easy bowl of cereal upon my return.

• Cheerios
  • Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • Plain Chobani
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries

Berry-licious.

See ya in Tampa!

1 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 15, 2011 at 8:10 am

Save travels to you! ๐Ÿ™‚
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #24: Sunny Seed Cookies

2 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday July 15, 2011 at 8:11 am

Aww. . . it’s always tough to pull yourself away from a vacation and back to the real world, eh?
Just think that you have next year to look forward to!

3 Hope July 15, 2011 at 8:14 am

Have a safe ride back! You had such a wonderful vacation. I’m jealous ๐Ÿ˜‰ It looks like Maddie really enjoyed herself too!
Hope recently posted..A Farmerโ€™s Market Delightโ€ฆ

4 Callie July 15, 2011 at 8:15 am

That last line just made me so happy! Let’s hang out soon, mmmk?
Callie recently posted..Hitting the Ground Running

5 Emily @ Savory and Savage July 15, 2011 at 8:18 am

Have a safe trip back!

Your vacation posts make me want to move to an island and hang out on the beach ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Pork chops with apples and onions take 2

6 Hayley @ Hayley Daily July 15, 2011 at 8:21 am

I’m glad that you had such a fabulous vacation! (I’m also super jealous too, still. It’s not going away.)

And as always, the pups are adorable. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..In the Spirit of the Day

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 15, 2011 at 8:28 am

Those pictures of Maddie are SO cute. It looks like you both enjoyed yourselves!

8 michelle July 15, 2011 at 8:33 am

Looks like Maddie had an absolute blast there! She’ll be sad to go. But the best part of going home is sleeping in your own bed again
michelle recently posted..Losing 100LBS. Not 20, Not 30. 100!!

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 15, 2011 at 8:45 am

Glad you had such a great time Meghann! Safe trip back to Tampa!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Fit Bit Friday #2:

10 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 15, 2011 at 8:48 am

Have a safe trip home!

11 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers July 15, 2011 at 8:57 am

Cute! I bet she slept like a log after all that beach time.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Resistance Bands & Other Randomness

12 Amanda July 15, 2011 at 9:09 am

Are your dogs just that well behaved, or is the island just that off-leash friendly? I’d love to take mine on a beach vacay, but my Schnauzer can be a runner.

13 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 9:28 am

It’s a very dog friendly island. I never saw any dogs on leashes

14 Cait's Plate July 15, 2011 at 9:09 am

Sorry it had to end! I’m sad too! I was loving seeing your pictures ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maddie is just too cute – I can’t even take it!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Thereโ€™s a Nectarine in My Oats!

15 Sarah July 15, 2011 at 9:20 am

I had the same breakfast! Except with mango chobani ๐Ÿ™‚ Safe travels!
Sarah recently posted..Motivation Station

16 Natalie S. July 15, 2011 at 9:26 am

Your vacation looked terribly fun! Next time you go, bring me along — I’ll pay my way by making your drinks ๐Ÿ˜‰
Natalie S. recently posted..wordless โ€ฆ thursday

17 Angela@pinching and packing July 15, 2011 at 9:27 am

I haven’t been to Captiva or Sanibel Island in years, but these posts are making me want to plan a trip!
Angela@pinching and packing recently posted..Fit Friday โ€“ Scenic Stair Workouts

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

I thought 6 am would guarantee some relief from the heat earlier this week in Tampa for a run and boy was I wrong! It was already in the high 80’s!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Too good not to share

19 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio July 15, 2011 at 9:44 am

Maddie does not look ready to go! Looks like you had a blast in Tampa. I’ll be in the Keys next week and I can not wait!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Spin Class From Hell

20 Lisa @ Lisa Letting Go July 15, 2011 at 9:47 am

I don’t blame Maddie for not wanting to leave! I wouldn’t want to go, either. I always get so sad when vacations end.

21 Krystina (Organically Me) July 15, 2011 at 9:58 am

Travel safe!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Coconut Curry Tempeh with Coconut Quinoa

22 Ali @ Ali Runs July 15, 2011 at 10:31 am

It is always so hard to leave vacation! Have a safe trip back!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..I have fallen back in loveโ€ฆ

23 Ashley @ the fit academic July 15, 2011 at 11:03 am

awww, the last day of vacay is always bitter-sweet. I’m usually ready to go home (and back to my pup – Maddie is a lucky lady she got to go too!!!), but I’m always sad to leave and have to get back into the “real world” routine. Looked like so much fun though!!!
Ashley @ the fit academic recently posted..I made up a recipeโ€ฆ.

24 Christine @ BookishlyB July 15, 2011 at 11:08 am

The last day of a good vacation is so bittersweet. Hard to say goodbye but nice to be back home and unpacked (now if only someone else would do the laundry).

25 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 15, 2011 at 11:27 am

have a safe trip back!!

26 Lauren July 15, 2011 at 11:50 am

Maddie is such a beautiful dog!

Hope you had a lovely vacation! I’ve been to Captiva Island, but never North Captiva. It looks like such a relaxing, idyllic place.
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

27 Katie G. July 15, 2011 at 11:52 am

Love the photos of Maddie! It’s always sad when vacation ends. Safe travels back home!
Katie G. recently posted..Motivational Sarcasm

28 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 15, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Maddie looks so sad! I’d be pretty sad too, that island isgorgeous!
Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese recently posted..Pizza Night.

29 Lauren July 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Have a safe trip home!
Lauren recently posted..The Power Of Social Media

30 Julia @ The Bosky Blog July 15, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Maddie gets me every time!

Too cute!!!

31 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 15, 2011 at 3:32 pm

How fun! I just arrived in Ft. Myers for a little vacay. Sorry yours is ending! Safe travels home!

32 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Poor Maddie! That face is priceless!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Lunch Bunch

33 lynne @lgsmash July 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I love Captiva – I haven’t been to North Captiva where y’all are but my fiancee lives in Fort Myers and Sanibel/Captiva are our favorite beach spots. Glad you enjoyed vacation! R&R vacays are my favorite kind ๐Ÿ™‚
lynne @lgsmash recently posted..Dog Walking + Sore Knees