more ยป" />

Home….

by Meghann on July 15, 2011

…for now. I hit the road for Orlando tonight. What can I say? I’m always on the move. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Surprisingly, Maddie had no problems leaving the island today.

I believe it was the combination of seeing my bags and the fear she would be left behind.

That girl loves her Mama.

*side note* I had a fun comment the other day asking what the sleeping arrangements were for the beach house. A valid comment since “none of [my] siblings are married [yet] and [we’re] staying under [my] parent’s roof.” Well, I want to put everyone’s minds at ease and let them know mine and Derek’s room had twin beds.

Yep, twin beds.

However, I should confess I snuck into his bed the first night and he about kicked me out.

(Actually, he was the one who got up and left. I believe his words were “I love you babe, but I love my space more.” Pshhhh….)

I had the boat and bus to myself heading back to the car. This made the experience quick and painless (i.e. no worrying about little kids trying to pet Maddie and her growling at them)

The drive was made easier thanks to a Kashi Bar snack

An Iced Coffee with Soymilk

IMG_9082.jpg

And Hearts of the Matter on Audiobook.

Such a sad book. The whole time I wasn’t sure which woman to root for. Valerie? Tessa? Both women beautifully written and both deceived by a man they loved. One thing was made painfully clear – that guy was scum! No happy endings here.

I rolled into Tampa around lunch time. Starving – and ready to eat – I headed straight to a little mediterranean bakery for lunch.

I grabbed a bag of pitas and had two while I waited for my pita.

IMG_9084.jpg

I ordered the veggie pita, which contained hummus, tabouli, tomato, and onions.

It was crumbly and messy, but I didn’t care. It was gone quicker then I could say “food.”

Time to switch out my suitcase and head out for travel round II.

Have a great Friday everyone!

1 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I’ve tried sleeping in a twin bed with my husband before on a trip to the Keys with a similar sleeping set up. It was miserable. Somehow we lasted 1 night and then he went to the couch.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Too good not to share

2 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food July 15, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Boating in Florida…you can’t beat it!

Usually the messiest stuff tastes the best ๐Ÿ˜‰
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Food Fact Friday: If you like Piรฑa Coladas

3 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I absolutely love your traveling outfit!
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #24: Sunny Seed Cookies

4 Caitlin in MD July 15, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Its pretty weird that people are concerned with what your sleeping arrangements were!

5 michelle July 15, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Hah! I think I would have kicked my hubby out if he tried to get in bed with me when it wasn’t comfortable enough for 2 people.
michelle recently posted..Decisions Decisionsโ€ฆ.

6 Cait's Plate July 15, 2011 at 2:44 pm

That wrap looks awesome. And Derek’s comment is pretty much the EXACT comment I would get out of my boyfriend!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Bryant Park

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 15, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I’m assuming that you and Derek share a bed at your house, so why not on vacation? Or were all the rooms set up with twin beds?
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Gas House Eggs

8 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 3:21 pm

All the rooms had twin beds. I just thought it was funny that someone asked and that we were sleeping on twin beds. ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Hillary July 15, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I have to agree with Holly. You guys all live with your significant others. I would assume your parents don’t think you sleep in separate rooms!
Hillary recently posted..Dโ€™ough!

10 Amy* July 15, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Looks like it was a great vacay. And I’m in the mood for some Mediterranean food now! The pita looks deelish!*
Amy* recently posted..Papa donโ€™t preach

11 Robin July 15, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I just finished listening to that book last week. I agree. Very sad and not totally satisfies with the ending though it was a great book. Made my ferrible commute not as bad last week.

12 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 15, 2011 at 2:56 pm

The more I see Maddie the more I want a JRT! Glad you made it home safe, for now!
Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese recently posted..Pizza Night.

13 Jess July 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm

HAHA. Last time my parents brought my siblings and I to the beach (significant other in tow), we all got to sleep together. Granted I was the only unmarried one, but maybe my parents knew something even then ๐Ÿ™‚
Jess recently posted..Girl Things

14 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 3:23 pm

My parents are very liberal and don’t care. It just so happened that the house only had twin beds in the guest rooms. Last year we slept on bunkbeds!

15 Danielle @ Long May You Run July 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm

My JRT doesn’t like little kids messing with him either… wonder if it’s a small dog thing or a breed thing. And he’s a huge Momma’s boy. Which is quite alright with me ๐Ÿ˜‰
Danielle @ Long May You Run recently posted..Perceived Effort vs. Actual Effort

16 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I think little kids are drawn to JRTS because they’re so tiny, but Maddie HATES being grabbed at my strangers of any kind, but especially kids that think they can pick her up.

17 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 10:29 pm

My jack russell always growls at little kids. It may be a breed thing. And he doesn’t like strangers who are male. Weird…
Meghann recently posted..New Day and New Cupcakes

18 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife July 15, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I read that book on my honeymoon. It made me think “Why does Emily Giffin have all of these extamarital (or extra-engagital?) affairs in her books?” That was not a “fun, happy” book. Back to Jennifer Weiner for me!
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Honeymoon Recap: House Without a Key

19 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I’ve never read Jennifer Weiner! Which one would you recommend?

20 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife July 15, 2011 at 3:36 pm

GASP! My favorite was probably “Certain Girls”. “Good in Bed” is also fabulous! And I’m sure that you saw “In Her Shoes” the movie. It’s a Jennifer Weiner book. Any of hers are just great!

21 E July 15, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Wow! Can’t believe you’ve never read her – I like them all, except I haven’t read the newest yet (just came out Tuesday). Get readin’! ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life July 15, 2011 at 3:24 pm

So true story… My parents, sister, her boyfriend, my husband, and myself went away for a long weekend over the forth of july. There are three bedrooms and my sister and her boyfriend obviously are not married so my parents wouldnt let them share a room even though there are twin beds…. so long story short, my husband and I couldn’t share a room either because we had to keep the other two split…. so there was a boy’s room and a girl’s room! hahaha and I’m married!!! It was funny though and makes for a trip down memory lane!

23 Sana July 15, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Bahhaha, yeah college dorm beds are not conducive to sharing either, I have spent many nights on the floor!
Sana recently posted..My Special Friends

24 Angela@pinching and packing July 15, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I love all of Emily Griffin’s books, but this one was definitely my least favorite so far. I just found the characters kind of unrelatable. I 2nd Jennifer Weiner though. She and Jane Green are my favorites for chic lit! Cute dress in your pics by the way!
Angela@pinching and packing recently posted..Fit Friday โ€“ Scenic Stair Workouts

25 Laura @ Backstage Pass July 15, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Cute outfit, Meghann! Will you ever consider doing fashion posts or having a fashion section of your blog? You’re a blogger I’d love to go shopping with ๐Ÿ™‚
And LOL – the twin beds. Too funny. The question is, who did Maddie choose to sleep with?
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Milwaukee’s Storm the Bastille Run: A 5k PR!

26 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 15, 2011 at 4:45 pm

How sad that you have to leave the beautiful ocean! However, as a fellow Florida girl– I’m sure you will be returning before you know it ๐Ÿ˜‰
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Lunch Bunch

27 Danielle C. July 15, 2011 at 4:47 pm

LOL I remember sharing a twin bed with my college bf…it is for sure a tight squeeze.

Heart of the Matter was a really good read, love Emily Giffin books!
Danielle C. recently posted..danielleruns: Just finished up a day of the 100 pushups challenge. The day after an upper body workout sucks! 81 pushups completed today.

28 Dani July 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Wow, I am SO surprised that someone would ask you that! You do live with Derek and I’m sure your parents know your sleeping arrangements at your condo… I’m not sure why it should be any different just because you’re all under one roof??

29 Lauren July 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Seriously – someone asked that question?! People are damn inquisitive, no? And far too concerned about others’ sleeping arrangements.

The person who asked the question must assume that, despite the fact you live together, Derek and you share separate bedrooms. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think she/he needs to grow up just a bit.
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

30 Mrs. Fish July 15, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Heart of the Matter is in my library book stack, I’m working through Babyproof right now!
Mrs. Fish recently posted..Greek Turkey Meatballs

31 Ali @ Ali Runs July 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I have the Heart of the Matter book on tape too! It really is a tough one, but such a good book. I love that Miranda from SATC narrates it!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..I have fallen back in loveโ€ฆ

32 Katy (The Singing Runner) July 15, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Whew! I know what you mean! I was in Alabama and Tennessee last week, got back to Jacksonville on Sunday and then drove down to Orlando today.

Hopefully I’ll see you tomorrow at the Central Florida Blogger Conference. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..My Thankful Things Thursday

33 Katherine July 15, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Wow, that wrap looks amazing! Please, PLEASE try to re-create it!
Katherine recently posted..Nap Time?

34 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 15, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Omigah I freaking love pitas. What a jerkkkkk tell him you like to shnuggle!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..I have control issues.

35 Sally Kate July 15, 2011 at 6:26 pm

apparently all jack russells are the same- winnie hates when little kids crowd her to pet them and always growls. and when she sees bags packed- you better believe she’s not going to let you out of her sight- even more than usual if thats possible!
when my boyfriend and i visit his parents house we stay on a day bed that has a trundle- i think it’s his parents way of feeling fine because its twin beds but it’s not like they are making us feel like children because you push them together. winnie sleeps in the middle and makes a little hammock with the comforter that hangs between the two ๐Ÿ™‚
Sally Kate recently posted..being honest with yourself.

36 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit July 15, 2011 at 7:02 pm

My parents never cared if I slept in the same bed as my then – boyfriend/fiance (now husband!) but his parents FREAKED and made us sleep in totally different rooms. Obviously, we all sneak – but I agree on needing my space. I can’t wait to buy a King sized bed now that we’re married haha
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..Flashback Friday: Wedding Flowers

37 Krystina (Organically Me) July 15, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Sleeping together in a twin bed is no bueno.
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Things Men Shouldn’t Do to (Women) Runners

38 Amy July 15, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Wow thats a lot of travel!
Amy recently posted..Fear: Gaining Weight

39 Hilary July 15, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Oooh…that looks like a mean pita!
Hilary recently posted..Heaven, Iโ€™m in Heavenโ€ฆ

40 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life July 15, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I can’t believe someone asked you that! Apparently you have some readers who are also detectives…

I slept in a twin bed with my boyfriend at the time for the longest. It’s so uncomfortable! ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..Favorite Friday

41 Mary July 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm

That’s so funny you and derek had twin beds. ๐Ÿ™‚ Reminds me of college haha!
Mary recently posted..Whatโ€™s in your Bag? pt. II

42 Grace July 15, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Love the twin bed situation…that is exactly what my boyfriend would have said to me also!
Grace recently posted..Iโ€™m an Aunt!!! and sort of a nerdโ€ฆ

43 Alyssa July 16, 2011 at 1:13 am

I have that same comforter/sheet set! Well, I have a different fish/tropical one now, but that’s the one I had before ๐Ÿ™‚

44 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 16, 2011 at 1:38 am

As someone with a shore house and many siblings, most of which now have significant others (I’m one of five…. add the love bugs, and it’s a full house) it’s always like a weird game of bed tetris finding sleeping spots for all.

Luckily, as the oldest and been in the relationship the longest, my “living in sin” is always the first to be overlooked when it comes to us sharing a bed. Cozy!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Healthy Choices at the Airport

45 Sarah K July 16, 2011 at 8:47 am

Your vacation looked like it was fun and that pita looks amazing
Sarah K recently posted..Forever

46 diana@mymarblerye July 16, 2011 at 10:12 am

great nosy question! too bad you guys already live together! When my (now) mother in law use to visit us we would sleep in separate rooms..which didn’t make sense cause we lived together! anyways, you make me want a pup!
diana@mymarblerye recently posted..Deets on My Eats

47 Maggie @ ReadySetBreathe July 16, 2011 at 10:35 am

Trying to share a twin bed reminds me of college. I don’t miss that part of the dorms!

48 Lee July 16, 2011 at 11:36 am

When my husband and I were engaged but not married yet, we went to NYC with my mom. To save money, we all stayed in one room but my mom made me sleep in the double bed with her.
Lee recently posted..Which Wich โ€“ Subway on Steroids

49 Christina July 18, 2011 at 10:45 am

Meghann – what is the name of this mediterranean bakery you are speaking about? Where in Tampa is it?