Blogger Soiree

by Meghann on July 15, 2011

Started the morning in North Captiva.

Spent the afternoon in Tampa.

Now, I’m chilling on my friend Bess‘ couch in Orlando.

Talk about one crazy driving day.

Unfortunately, this afternoon was not a happy one for driving. Lots of bad weather. Lots of traffic. And lots of driving like a granny so I could see over the steering wheel.

I brought a snack of dried fruit and almond butter for the road – probably only ate half of what is shown?

I’m in Orlando this weekend for the Central Florida Blogger’s Conference. I’m speaking tomorrow on monetizing your blog (I should probably piece together what I’m going to say…) and Bess (the conference creator!) had all the speakers over for a little soiree before the big event.

J (J’s EveryDay Fashion), Bess (Central Florida Top 5), Colleen (Yelp), KyAnn (Galtime/ Daily Buzz), JL (Daily Buzz), Me, Ben (Adventure w/ Ben), Leigh (My Sentiment Exactlee), Rachelle (Inn the Kitchen), and Josh (Professor Josh)

I miss Orlando bloggers! Everyone’s so friendly and welcoming and their love for Orlando is just so strong. These are my people! I need to make more Tampa blogger friends. I know they’re out there!

At the event I had an obligatory glass of wine while mingling.

Bess had a lovely spread of chips, dip, and other finger foods for the taking. I nibbled on a few chips with dip and a cream puff, but I mainly talked, talked, and talked (wine makes me talkative).

Since I’m a, Orlando nomad, Bess graciously offered let me crash at her place for the evening (you know, after I asked with puppy dog eyes).

She even drove me to Jason’s Deli for dinner.

And she suggested I get the Portobello Panini.

Fabulous choice Bess!

Side of steamed veggies (which were a cheaper side item than the fresh fruit?)

I raided the party left overs for dessert.

One brownie and extra large strawberry to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Time for bed.

Good Night!

1 RunEatRepeat July 15, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Good luck on your presentation!!!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Five Friday Favorites and Ask A Monican

2 Sana July 15, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Have fun with your presentation!
Sana recently posted..My Special Friends

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 15, 2011 at 11:48 pm

good luck tomorrow! Any chance the presentations will be available after the conference?
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Too good not to share

4 Grace July 15, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Aww I didn’t know we had an Orlando bloggers conference! Looks like lots of fun! Good luck on your part tomorrow!
Grace recently posted..I’m an Aunt!!! and sort of a nerd…

5 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 15, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Those brownies are beauuutiful. I am appalled at your self-restraint! When it comes to desserts, I am no-holds-barred.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..I have control issues.

6 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 16, 2011 at 12:18 am

Good luck presenting! Please do direct us to a recap if there is one published. 🙂
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #24: Sunny Seed Cookies

7 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 16, 2011 at 1:33 am

Love love love the fact that the strawberry size > the chocolate treat!

Looks like a wonderful soiree…. bonne, even.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Healthy Choices at the Airport

8 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 16, 2011 at 6:11 am

Jason’s Deli is the best! I’ve never gotten takeout though– I always like to go in for the unlimited soft serve 😀
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Lunch Bunch

9 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 16, 2011 at 7:50 am

Good luck on your presentation today!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Bellies + Bosses

10 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep July 16, 2011 at 7:55 am

Have fun speaking!!! You’ll do fantastic!

I had a ticket to CFLBlogCon, but my new job’s training got in the way. I’m so disappointed. But I can’t wait to read all about it on here!
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Life is Good

11 Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) July 16, 2011 at 8:08 am

So fun! Enjoy! Best of luck with the presentation!!!
Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) recently posted..Jiggy Jammin’

12 Hillary July 16, 2011 at 8:29 am

This sounds like such a cool idea. I need to start looking around to see if people are mobilized here in Baltimore like you guys are in FL!
Hillary recently posted..D’ough!

13 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 16, 2011 at 9:09 am

Good luck with you presentation! I hope you do a break down of it! I’d love to hear your tips & tricks!
Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese recently posted..Upgrades.

14 Cait's Plate July 16, 2011 at 9:37 am

Aw, this looks like so much fun!! It’s always nice when it’s bloggers surrounding you so you don’t feel like quite SUCH a weirdo for taking millions of pictures 😉
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Peach Pie

15 Ali @ Ali Runs July 16, 2011 at 10:01 am

I love your dress! 🙂 Where did you get it?
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Lake Running

16 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 16, 2011 at 10:33 am

I have a friend from Visit Orlando who will also be presenting! Have fun!

17 Hilary July 16, 2011 at 10:41 am

Looks like fun! Jealous of the party and blogger meet-up.
Hilary recently posted..Chill out!

18 karin July 16, 2011 at 10:51 am

Looks like the conference was awesome!!
karin recently posted..Sowing my wild oats-Kombucha Creations

19 Sally Kate July 16, 2011 at 12:48 pm

i think wine makes me funnier. and better looking. 🙂
Sally Kate recently posted..breakfast blast from the past

20 Caroline Calcote July 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I’m a St. Pete blogger 🙂 The Central FL conference looks like alot of fun from what I’ve seen on twitter. Hope your talk went well!
Caroline Calcote recently posted..All motivation has fled

21 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) July 16, 2011 at 3:01 pm

That looks like it was super fun!! The food selection looks delish!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..In case you were wondering

22 Allison @ Happy Tales July 16, 2011 at 4:56 pm

North Captiva?!!? No waaaay!!!! I’ve been going to Sanibel/Captiva with my family since i’ve been 6 months gold!!! My mom has a few condos on Sanibel, and I go at least once a year to visit!!! LOVE those islands! Ever eaten at The Green Flash? It’s my alltime favorite restaurant
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..The Waiting Game

23 Brittany July 16, 2011 at 6:37 pm

It looks like you all had a fun meet up! I know professor josh’s blog through my 9-5 job! His school uses our software and he recently posted about our upcoming version- such a small world!