The Omelet Master

by Meghann on July 14, 2011

My siblings and I deemed this morning another pool morning.

We headed to the pool around 8:00 and went through the pyramid swim work out Courtney taught me a couple of weeks ago.

Warm Up

• 250 yds Easy

Main Set

• 16 x 25 @ :35
  • 8 x 50 @ 1:10
  • 4 x 100 @ 2:20

Cool Down

• 300 yd Easy

Total: 1750 yds

I had a major headache when I woke up this morning. There’s a lot on my mind and the stress is starting to take over my head. (Taking work on vacation was a very bad idea) I finished the work out, but if it wasn’t for the darn headache I feel I could have done more.

We returned back to the house STARVING and immediately started breakfast. I worked on starting the biscuits and cutting the cantaloupe, while Anthony took over omelet duty for everyone.

Anthony is the master omelet maker. He specializes in giant omelets that are shared.

IMG_8980.JPG IMG_8981.JPG IMG_8982.JPG IMG_8983.JPG

I split the veggie omelet with Kelly and Ben.

It was oozing with broccoli, carrots, tomato, and provolone cheese.

Cantaloupe

Biscuit

Great breakfast. Now, if only I could get this headache to disappear.

I really can’t wait to return somewhere that has a normal internet signal again. I think I may kiss the router box when I eventually return home. πŸ™‚

1 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 14, 2011 at 10:42 am

Mmm breakfast jealousy! I hear ya on the internet–I worked while I was in Disney, and I was pretty much glued to the ethernet cable (that’s right, no WIFI–ahh!).
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #23: Sunny Seed Scones

2 michelle July 14, 2011 at 10:43 am

Working out usually gets rid of my headache if I’m feeling stressed out. Nothing like a good sweat session to make me feel better.
michelle recently posted..Losing 100LBS. Not 20, Not 30. 100!!

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 14, 2011 at 10:47 am

I woke up with a headache that lasted 2 hours yesterday morning until I figured out it was caffeine related. I had no idea how hooked I was on the stuff! uh-oh. I hear ya on the internet, I start having anxiety issues when I’m not connected for a few hours, haha.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bacon jalapeno herb cornbread

4 Casey July 14, 2011 at 10:48 am

I hope your headache goes away Meghann–boo to not feeling good on vacation! Maybe you just need a few hours with your book and beer and a massage from Derek? πŸ™‚ Sounds like a cure to me…

5 JessicaEn July 14, 2011 at 10:50 am

“I really can’t wait to return somewhere that has a normal internet signal again.”

Awww, this makes me sad! I know that media is your job, and we do what we gotta do, but it stinks that you have to be so internet/technology obsessed out there in paradise! Try to switch off with no guilt, you deserve it.

6 Hillary July 14, 2011 at 10:55 am

Everything about that breakfast looks phenomenal. That should help with the headache, right? ; )
Hillary recently posted..Forgetting the Future

7 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather July 14, 2011 at 10:56 am

Headaches are the pits! I started getting a lot more recenly and cut down on my coffee. Now they don’t come back as often! Great morning swim and breakfast. I love omelets πŸ™‚

8 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 14, 2011 at 11:01 am

Sorry about your headache!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Strength + Speed Calendar

9 Hope July 14, 2011 at 11:16 am

I hope your headache goes away soon! I hate getting headaches. Excedrin migraine is the only thing that works for me. That omelette looks fantastic! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Sign Of Relief…

10 Megan @ Life As Megan KNows It July 14, 2011 at 11:17 am

I am sorry you are not feeling well.. Hope your headache goes away soon πŸ™‚
Megan @ Life As Megan KNows It recently posted..Pen stains..

11 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 14, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hope your headache goes away soon! I get tension headaches when I am stressed..they are the worst.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Exercise On Demand

12 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles July 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

Your breakfast puts my yogurt/granola/strawberry combo to shame! I could totally go for that omelet right about now. πŸ™‚
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Vacation in Nebraska

13 melissa (fitnessnyc) July 14, 2011 at 11:32 am

omelet making is a skill to be proud of!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..The Start of Something New

14 Cait's Plate July 14, 2011 at 11:41 am

Oh man that omelet looks AWESOME! I always suck as making omelets because I can’t flip them!

I have a big old bowl of cantaloupe for lunch today and your breakfast just made me super excited for it!

Though I wish I had one of those biscuits as well…
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Indecision

15 Cait's Plate July 14, 2011 at 11:41 am

PS – hope the headache goes away soon! I hate that!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Indecision

16 Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 14, 2011 at 11:50 am

I can’t make a darned omelet to save my skin. Frustrates me to no end.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..USA! USA! USA!

17 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 14, 2011 at 11:54 am

mmmm looks good! I wish I liked cantaloupe, though….something about it tastes weird to me??

try peppermint essential oil…if ya can. It always clears up my headaches!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Sunscreen + Thankful Thursday

18 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com July 14, 2011 at 12:13 pm

That breakfast looks so delicious. If only I had biscuits πŸ˜‰

Sorry about the headaches – if you have some coconut water, that would truly help ease the headache.
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Taste-Test : Sourdough french toast

19 Hilary July 14, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Sorry to hear that vacation/work is stressing you out…thanks for all the great posts though…looks like you guys are having a blast!
Hilary recently posted..Naughty and Nice

20 Faith @ lovelyascharged July 14, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Carrots are so underrated in omlettes – I never see them as an offered topping and I always thought I was the only one to put them in hers! So delish and a nice added texture!

21 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 14, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I love omlets with tons of ingreidents. Looks great! I don’t know if I would’ve shared…lol

22 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 14, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Those omelets look awesome – I hope your head feels better!
Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese recently posted..Flustered.

23 Krystina (Organically Me) July 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Mmm, omelets!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Coconut Curry Tempeh with Coconut Quinoa

24 John T July 14, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Yummy , Omlette I just love the way you have presented it, even i want to try such a omlette with some carrot, canto and cookies and a real pleasant day with my buddy to share this treat.
John T recently posted..Como preparar el alpiste

25 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 14, 2011 at 6:24 pm

oo! Provolone cheese in an omelet sounds delicious πŸ™‚
I’m surprised you didn’t whip up some Kashi for everyone!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..How to Roast Perfect Vegetables