more ยป" />

Soaking it All In

by Meghann on July 14, 2011

I know, I know… I’m tired of seeing these views too.

The picture perfect blue sky…

The adorable sandy nosed Jack Russell….

(Who allows you to bury her in the sand and take photos.)

IMG_8998.jpg

The mid-morning beers…

It’s sickening I tell you. Just sickening. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It’s my last day at the beach, so I’m trying to soak up as much of it as I can. Derek left yesterday afternoon (sad face :() and I have the 9:00am boat out of here tomorrow morning. Best enjoy it while I can!

BLTs were on the menu for lunch today. Regular bacon for the family and tempeh bacon for my vegetarian sister. Not really in the mood for either – I put a spin on my own version for lunch.

Sweet potato topped with tempeh bacon and swiss cheese. Deee-licious.

My brother saw what I was having and made the exact same thing (with tomatoes). This made me happy for some reason. Someone saw my odd creation and actually wanted to recreate it on their own accord. That’s love. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_9017.jpg

He had his with salad, while I had mine with apple slices and almond butter.

And a left over biscuit from breakfast.

I posted a photo of this yesterday, but we discovered these new Nestle Sparkling Waters at BJs on our way down. The Raspberry Lime flavor tastes like a melted icee pop – it’s officially my new favorite drink. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m not sure Maddie is ready to go home yet either.

What do you think? ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Jess @InStyleDog July 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Oh my goodness! Maddie has a little heart in her coat pattern! How adorable!!
Jess @InStyleDog recently posted..The scoop on dog poop

2 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 14, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Haha you might have to buy that chair for Maddie…and just take her home in it! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #23: Sunny Seed Scones

3 Cassie July 14, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Your jack russell is so tolerant! I’m amazed!
Also, very jealous of your vay-kay! Looks beautiful

4 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I’m not tired of seeing the views, they ARE beautiful!! Have a fun day soaking up the rays!

That lunch looks pretty good, actually!

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles July 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Looks like you’re having such a relaxing vacation – enjoy it!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Vacation in Nebraska

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 14, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I’m not sick of them, just jealous ๐Ÿ˜‰
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bacon jalapeno herb cornbread

7 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out July 14, 2011 at 2:40 pm

She must be the calmest Jack Russell ever???!!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Temptation Island

8 Reenie July 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Not tired of seeing the views either….just wish I was there too! Cute cute pics of Maddy in the sand ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 14, 2011 at 2:47 pm

That pup just looks tuckered out…. Can’t wait to tucker out myself this week at the beach!!

Then again, I may not be able to curl up on a seat and fall asleep….
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Nothingโ€™s Right, Iโ€™m TORN!

10 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 14, 2011 at 2:51 pm

My favorite sandwich is a BLT and one of my other favorite foods are sweet potatoes, so why not combine them?
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Strength + Speed Calendar

11 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) July 14, 2011 at 2:54 pm

That photo of Maddie with her face in the sand is adorable!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Energizer bunny

12 Dori July 14, 2011 at 2:57 pm

You just gave me the biggest craving for Swiss cheese, which I have not had in a very long time. Adorable pup!
Dori recently posted..Marathon Training: Handling My Fear

13 Cait's Plate July 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

HAHA! I can’t believe Maddie allows that to happen! My sister has a tea cup Chihuahua and would definitely not allow that to occur! ๐Ÿ™‚

Still so jealous of your vacation!!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Wiped

14 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous July 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

And now I want to partially bury my sleeping puppy in the sand someday.

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 14, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Looks like a tough life. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m down in Florida visiting my mom right now, so my life is about as “tough” as yours!

Have fun!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Wednesdayโ€™s Big Brother

16 Chloe (In Fine Feather) July 14, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I’m so jealous of your vacation! Or just the sunshine in general, it’s a cloudy day in Seattle today. It’s also great that you get to spend so much time with your family and participate in large family meals – I miss that!
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Another Gym Attempt Thwarted

17 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 14, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Enjoy it! I would love to be at the beach right now ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..WIAW and Burnt Beans

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 14, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Aw Maddie is so cute all covered in sand!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..3-Ingredient Dinner

19 Hope July 14, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Aww! Those are the cutest pictures of Maddie covered in sand! Such a good sport for letting you do that and take pictures. My family dog is the same way. He will let us do anything to him as long as he is getting attention. ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Sign Of Reliefโ€ฆ

20 Ellie@fitforthesoul July 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Awwww! Maddie is so adorable in the sand haha! Hmm I don’t think she’ll ever go back….:P
Ellie@fitforthesoul recently posted..Cinna-Roll Bread Pudding

21 erica July 14, 2011 at 3:31 pm

i love seeing maddie in the sand! she’s a little beach bunny! she’s adorable!
my dog just gets into a big sandy mess w/sand in his eyes:(
erica recently posted..wedding tip #1: number your rsvps

22 Alex July 14, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I love lemon or lime flavored sparkling water, most refreshing drink there is.
Alex recently posted..Aaron Ruell Photography

23 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery July 14, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Lmao at Maddie in the sand! She doesn’t even seem to mind one bit that she’s covered up, so long as she can sleep, ha.
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..Canadians like theirโ€ฆ.. Kraft Dinner

24 Grace July 14, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Enjoy the rest of your time in paradise!
Grace recently posted..Pancakes and Sushi

25 Hillary July 14, 2011 at 4:23 pm

As I read this, I was eating a sweet potato smothered in peanut butter. Great minds, right?
Hillary recently posted..Why Exercise Makes Us Feel Good

26 Christie July 14, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Two things. One, are you TRYING to kill us with envy with those beach pictures? Just checking ๐Ÿ™‚ Two, I believe my favorite part of this post was how you just offhandedly was like “I have to take the BOAT back tomorrow”… naturally, really. Haha
Christie recently posted..The Best Books EVER – An Unbiased Review

27 Stephanie July 14, 2011 at 6:14 pm

All I have to say is yes I am jealous!
Stephanie recently posted..Aaron’s Reset Button (and My Brooks Giveaway)

28 christina cadden July 14, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Love that your dog lets you bury him in the sand!

29 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 14, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Thats so adorable that your brother wanted to make your concoction also! lol
See, you’re such a good influence ๐Ÿ˜‰
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..How to Roast Perfect Vegetables

30 Lauren July 14, 2011 at 7:47 pm

AWww, that picture of Maddie in the sand is priceless! So glad you are soaking up this vacation! Enjoy your last night.
Lauren recently posted..The Power Of Social Media

31 Carissa July 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I’m sure you said it in your blog…but what island are you at??? I’m kinda digging the no-real-life vibe!

See you at CFBlogCon on Saturday!

32 Carissa July 14, 2011 at 8:25 pm

By the way- I love all your healthy meals too! that’s a perfect vacation to me!
Carissa recently posted..More Crazy Coupon Tips

33 Shayla July 14, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Awww that picture of Maddie is absolutely adorable!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Shayla recently posted..Gym Etiquette

34 Sally Kate July 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm

winnie loves vacations as much as i do too!!
Sally Kate recently posted..cheese sauce.

35 Amy July 14, 2011 at 8:33 pm

ahhh Maddie has a heart in her coat!
Amy recently posted..Fear: Gaining Weight

36 Casey July 14, 2011 at 8:37 pm

That photo of Maddie in the sand is awesome. My dog would not go for that unless I drugged him. ๐Ÿ™‚
Casey recently posted..The California Coast

37 Carey @ Positively Blonde July 14, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Awe! The puppy looks so cute buried in the sand! I have the book, “One Day” sitting on my nightstand- haven’t started it yet, but I think it will be a good one!
Carey @ Positively Blonde recently posted..Riverside Park and 16 Handles

38 BroccoliHut July 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm

LOVE these Maddie pictures! But then again, when don’t I love Maddie pics?!
Margot and I are headed to the lake this weekend…it shall be an adventure for both of us:)
BroccoliHut recently posted..Reader Request: How to Become an RD

39 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I can’t stand views like that. Why would anyone want to look at images of the beach? Just Kidding! ๐Ÿ™‚ It looks beautiful and it seems like you’re having an awesome time! Maddie looks so cute! I wouldn’t want to leave either!
Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers recently posted..Harry Potter and the Fashion Friday Post

40 Ali @ Ali Runs July 15, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I can’t believe Maddie let you bury her in sand like that! I’m sure my dog wouldn’t sit still long enough and even if she was asleep, would definitely wake up and shake it off. Lucky you ๐Ÿ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..I have fallen back in loveโ€ฆ

41 Karolina July 16, 2011 at 12:04 am

I’m at the beach now too, and absolutely loving the beautiful weather and amazing sunsets! Glad your trip was fantastic for all of you:)
Karolina recently posted..Fantastic Fridays (Life’s Tiny Delights)