Afternoon Poolside

by Meghann on July 14, 2011

The shade is my friend here.

(Sunscreen is my friend too – and trust me – I’ve been applying a TON of it. SPF 50 all the way!)

Beer and peanuts are my new afternoon snack.

IMG_9020.jpg IMG_9046.JPG

Served poolside, of course. πŸ˜‰

We’ve developed the typical pattern of beach in the morning and pool in the afternoon around here. I think it’s a pattern we all quite enjoy.

Even Maddie!

Thanks to Kelly, we’ve deemed my hat the ‘face umbrella’ and it works like a charm. πŸ˜‰

IMG_9028.jpg

Ashley and Ben were in charge of dinner tonight. We were all curious about their super secret creation because every time someone grabbed something from the fridge or cabinet and go ‘What’s this for?’ it seemed to always lead back to Ben and AShley.

The super secret creation?

A jambalaya of sorts with yellow rice, black beans, sausage, shrimp, summer squash, and bell peppers.

It was definitely a crowd pleaser. Everyone went back for seconds (and some thirds!). πŸ™‚

For dessert? Cookie dough! Can you believe we’ve gone through this entire container in less than a week?!?

IMG_9057.JPG IMG_9058.JPG

So. So. Good. πŸ™‚

It’s my last night. πŸ™

Better kick some booty in Dutch Blitz while I can!! (My whole family is addicted!)

Good Night!!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 14, 2011 at 9:23 pm

That dinner lookss really good! I feel like you’ve been on vacation forever!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..secrets about new york

2 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun July 14, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Just wanted to say 2 things

1) you got killer arm/shoulder definition in that pic of you propped up on the chair

2) I now want cookie dough

Love you!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Don’t Fall Apart On Me

3 Chloe (In Fine Feather) July 14, 2011 at 9:26 pm

That jambalaya looks awesome – and so does the pool!
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Another Gym Attempt Thwarted

4 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) July 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Dude, I love your hat! Where’d you find it?

Boooo- i’d be super sad to leave that gorgeous scenery.
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Energizer bunny

5 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 6:26 am

Target! Gotta love Target!

6 Cait's Plate July 14, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Mmm – LOVE cookie dough out of a tub! I can eat it raw and be perfectly happy πŸ™‚

Glad you’re enjoying your last few moments of vacation. I kind of wish you could stay because it’s been so nice living vicariously through your trip! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Wiped

7 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 14, 2011 at 9:43 pm

My grandma always has huge tubs of cookie dough at her house that she never eats, but whenever my family comes over it mysteriously disappears πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..12 Reasons My Long Run Was Awesome

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 14, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I didn’t even know they made cookie dough in a tub like that! Where did you get that?
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bacon jalapeno herb cornbread

9 Meghann July 15, 2011 at 6:26 am

BJs! (It’s a wholesale store like Costco or Sams)

10 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 14, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I so wish we had a tub of cookie dough in our house!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Strength + Speed Calendar

11 Mary July 14, 2011 at 10:00 pm

vaycay success! Have a safe trip back tomorrow!
Mary recently posted..What’s in Your Bag? pt. I

12 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Seems to me that you have had the perfect vacation. Hope you have a safe trip home!
Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese recently posted..Pizza Night.

13 Lindsey July 14, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I love eating cookie dough, it is the best part of baking cookies πŸ˜‰

14 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 14, 2011 at 11:12 pm

still so jealous! especially the cookie dough dessert! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Welcome To Our New Apartment in Newburyport!

15 Lauren July 15, 2011 at 6:54 am

So sad its over. I’ve been living your vacation through you this past week. πŸ™
Lauren recently posted..The Power Of Social Media

16 katie July 15, 2011 at 7:22 am

My husband wants me to make him a jambalaya this week! I hope I can pull it off like Ashley and Ben did !

Maddie is SO CUTE! I always awwwwwww over her pics when you have them on a post, usually out loud too, lol!
katie recently posted..Diva Approved

17 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 15, 2011 at 7:24 am

I’ve always wanted to make jambalaya! Thanks for the great dinner idea Ben & Ashley πŸ˜‰
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Harry Houdini

18 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 15, 2011 at 9:02 am

I love how the face umbrella gets around, too. It always looks to be on a new face every few pictures. Nomad hat that it is…..

Jambalaya is just one of my alltime favs, and now that I love shrimpies, it’s all the more delish. Good choice, Ben!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Quick Update: Confession Edition

19 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

awww looks so fun!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Epic in Food and Show

20 Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm

you look ripped in that picture!!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Swimming Upstream

21 Ali @ Ali Runs July 15, 2011 at 5:39 pm

All of these vacation posts make me so jealous (and happy for you guys). Vacations with family are seriously the best!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..I have fallen back in love…