The Face Only a Mother Would Love

by Meghann on July 12, 2011

Look at that face!

Does that look like the face of a troublemaker or what?

The clouds parted ways just long enough for a quick beach run this morning.

You can tell everyone has already gotten their fair share of sun this week. The boys stuck to their shirts in the water and I kept cool under the umbrella in the sand.

Paradise.

Unfortunately, we were only in the sand for an hour before a dark set of clouds began heading our way. I’m telling you – the weather changes at the drop of a hat around here!

Go away clouds!

No worries. It was lunch time anyways.

Snack plates are good meals where ever you are. My plate had apple slices, almond butter, carrot sticks, hummus, pretzels w/ mustard, and cheese.

I think it’s going to be a lazy afternoon around here.

Looks like a good time to take advantage of that office wifi and get some much needed work done.

Adios!

1 Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com July 12, 2011 at 4:36 pm

You’re snack plate makes me hungry. Apple time here. And your dogger is super cute!
Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com recently posted..monday madness

2 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 12, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Enjoy your lazy day!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Three and a Half Years

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 12, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Oh my gosh, my dog rolls in the sand at the beach like crazy too and covers herself. It’s hysterical!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..5 tips for working out on the road

4 jill July 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm

i have a jack russel and she does the same thing at the beach! too funny!

5 Cait's Plate July 12, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Ahahaha – that picture of Maddie is too adorable. I’m not her mom but I could love that face too!

6 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) July 12, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I just love beach and sky photos- keep ’em coming please!! πŸ˜€
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Going Paleo

7 Leah July 12, 2011 at 4:52 pm

That last pic is SO cute. πŸ™‚

8 Lyns July 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Sunscreen!! Trust me.

9 Christie July 12, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I have to say- I am thoroughly impressed with your pictures. Granted, the utopia that is this vacation spot probably only helps the pictures, but STILL. Even your snack plate looked terrific- so colorful (not to mention delicious)!
Christie recently posted..In a Funk? Have a Cupcake

10 Lisa (bakebikeblog) July 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Enjoy!!!!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Sizzlin’ stir fry

11 Mrs. Fish July 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Oh my goodness, Maddie looks adorable in that first picture.
I’ve been craving pretzels and mustard all day long. I blame your vacation pictures. πŸ˜‰
Mrs. Fish recently posted..Crockpot Baked Ziti

12 Whitney @ My Life.My Heart. My Journey. July 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm

It is 105 in Missouri today! I need that beach!!
Whitney @ My Life.My Heart. My Journey. recently posted..New Look

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I love snack plates! Such a good choice to get in ALL the flavors and tastes wanted. Enjoy your lazy day πŸ™‚

14 Alexa @ Simple Eats July 12, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I love snack plates…they’re definitely one of my favorite ways to eat any meal!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Burger Craving

15 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 12, 2011 at 5:47 pm

The first picture of Maddie kills me! Too cute πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Make it Yourself Monday- Popsicles!

16 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 12, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Maddie’s face looks hilarious! Loving the sand beard
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Doggie Barricade

17 erica July 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm

i love that picture of maddie w/all the sand in her face!
erica recently posted..wedding tip #1: number your rsvps

18 Stephanie @ FoodandFitness4Real July 12, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Snack plates are pefect after a hot day at the beach… or anytime! Love the picture of Maddie too.
Stephanie @ FoodandFitness4Real recently posted..Check out my Blogger Spotlight!

19 kalli July 12, 2011 at 6:29 pm

i love that last pic of you and your honey and maddie!
kalli recently posted..Never regret a workout

20 Laura @ Backstage Pass July 12, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Now that’s one naughty pup! How adorable and funny, though πŸ™‚
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Race Ready

21 Carey @ Positively Blonde July 12, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I’m a HUGE fan of the snack plate! I think I could have that for every meal πŸ™‚
Carey @ Positively Blonde recently posted..Peanut Butter Banana Cookies

22 Heather July 12, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Those pretzels look so yummy! What brand?

23 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Oh my goodness, your pup is soooo stinkin’ cute!!! I’m jealous of your beach time πŸ™‚
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Whole Wheat Strawberry-Orange Muffins

24 Mary July 12, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I absolutely love Maddie’s expression in that picture…it’s priceless!
Mary recently posted..Getting Back On Track

25 BroccoliHut July 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Too cute! Mischievous Maddie…

26 Mary July 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm

oh my gosh maddie’s little face melted my heart! Look at all that sand!!
Mary recently posted..Watch Out Paula Deen!

27 Pinky Tan July 13, 2011 at 2:49 am

your snack plate is making me so hungry… looks like you had a fun time, even with the clouds and all

great tan! πŸ™‚
Pinky Tan recently posted..Look in my eyes and you will find me, but look in my heart and you will find you.

28 Sophie July 13, 2011 at 3:15 am

Haha my dog has a troublemaker face like that constantly – I don’t know why peole are fooled!
That pic of you and Derek is so sweet πŸ™‚ Hope you’re having a great time – it sure sounds that way!
Sophie recently posted..30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 17!

29 Hope July 13, 2011 at 8:37 am

Haha! I love Maddie’s picture with sand on her face! So cute!! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Quiet As A Mouse…

30 Edna Joyner March 9, 2013 at 7:03 am

I need that beach!! great tan! You’re snack plate makes me hungry. We had a snack plate dinner on Sunday night and it was such an easy, fun dinner.
Edna Joyner recently posted..Heather Penko