Burger Night

by Meghann on July 12, 2011

It was a crazy afternoon.

I ended up spending a few hours at the office taking advantage of the ridiculously speedy WIFI and getting a good amount of work done. Working on vacation isn’t as easy (or fun) as I originally hoped it would be.

I eventually forced myself to call it quits on the laptop and headed back to the empty house. It felt good to kick back with some peanuts, a beer, and a good book.

One Day is really starting to pick up! I’m a third of the way through it and have a hard time putting it down. I love the concept of skimming through a person’s relationship by only focusing on a single day out of each year. Time flies and there’s no room for unnecessary narrative.

Burgers were on the menu for tonight.

Can you sense the dogs’ excitement?!?!

Call it cliche, but there’s something about a burger that just screams summer time vacation.

I piled my burger high with tomato, ketchup, mustard, and mixed greens.

All sandwiched betweened a fluffy onion roll.

Barked fries with ketchup on the side.

We discovered some new tonight – my little brother has a knack for making perfect uniform chocolate chip cookies, He needs to teach me his ways!

I had 1.5 and they were fabulous. πŸ™‚

It’s so peaceful here right now. I just want to snuggle in my bed and read. πŸ™‚

Good Night!

1 Fallon July 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Wow those cookies are perfect looking!
Fallon recently posted..St. Louis BBQ Pork Ribs

2 tracey July 12, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Thanks for the reminder on that book – heard about it, but forgot about it – downloading now to my kindle! Love the pictures of the pups waiting for their burgers πŸ˜‰

3 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio July 12, 2011 at 8:46 pm

What an awesome evening!!! That’s great! I love the doggies!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Will Run For Chocolate

4 Cait's Plate July 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I hate working on vacation. It always seems like a good idea and then you do it and realize how much it sucks. πŸ™ At least you got a lot done and had that amazing dinner to enjoy!!

Those cookies look AWESOME!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Struck Gold

5 Kayla @ Sprouty Buns July 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Are those cookies seriously from scratch?! Your brother has a true talent! Maybe he can do a vlog tutorial πŸ™‚
Kayla @ Sprouty Buns recently posted..Runner’s High & Free Iced Coffee

6 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm

mmm! Nothing like burgers at a family BBQ πŸ™‚
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Doggie Barricade

7 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) July 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Wow, those cookies really do look perfect!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..CHOcolate Chunk Cookies

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

If you hadn’t said your brother made those cookies I totally would’ve guessed they were store bought. They look too perfectly round to be homemade!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..5 tips for working out on the road

9 Hayley @ Hayley Daily July 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Looks like a perfect night. I’ve been meaning to read ‘One Day’ — I’m glad to hear that you’re liking it so far!
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..Current Obsessions, Part 2

10 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Burgers definitely scream summer and vacation to me!
Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese recently posted..Comfort food.

11 Mrs. Fish July 12, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I’m so glad that One Day gets better! I purchased it for my nook a few weeks ago and found it kinda slow at first and stopped reading it. Great looking dinner!
Mrs. Fish recently posted..Crockpot Baked Ziti

12 Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups July 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Those cookies look a little too perfect…they look fake!
Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups recently posted..Green Mountain Coffee’s Brew Over Ice

13 Silvia @ skinny jeans food July 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm

The dog pack is thinking “Have some burgers for some hot dogs ?!” πŸ™‚
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Vegan pesto

14 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 12, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Those cookies look so good!

I’m glad you are enjoying your book!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Three and a Half Years

15 Chloe (In Fine Feather) July 12, 2011 at 9:46 pm

At least you get to have your dinners cooked for you while on vacation πŸ™‚ That’s definitely a bonus, although I would imagine working on vacation would be no fun – just like working on the weekends!
Now I want some chocolate chip cookies…
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..My Butt Hurts

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm

mmm we had burgers (red meat for him, veggie for me) tonight TOO!!! Such a great Summer food.

And those cookies look like they’re straight out of a magazine!!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Breaststroke

17 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out July 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Yes, hamburgers and french fries are absolute vacation on a plate. Enjoy, dear.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..The Refrigerator is My Dream Come True

18 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) July 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Those burgers look delicious!

The cookies don’t look too bad either πŸ™‚
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..Nice and Smooth

19 Amy* July 12, 2011 at 11:31 pm

The concept of “One Day” sounds intriguing!*
Amy* recently posted..Out to Lunch

20 Hilary July 12, 2011 at 11:37 pm

You are SO right about the burger – I can’t think about anything more summery!

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 13, 2011 at 12:41 am

I definitely want to hear about how to make uniform cookies- mine always come out looking funky!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..The One-Sock Wonder

22 Grace July 13, 2011 at 1:19 am

I love onion rolls-as a vegetarian I use them for grilled cheese or veggie paninis not burgers though:) By the way I loved your faux sausage gravy recipe from Kelly’s blog! You have me really interested in One Day now, I might have to pick it up!
Grace recently posted..Home Sweet Home?

23 Casey July 13, 2011 at 1:34 am

You and all your delicious stories from paradise basically keep me sane throughout the work day! I DO wonder how you manage to control yourself around chocolate chip cookies and burgers?! When my family gets together, all my food guidelines go out the window. You’re inspiring πŸ™‚

ps. I just got up to make some cookies for dessert – I have you to thank for that one
Casey recently posted..Bizarre Foods With…

24 Laura (Starloz) July 13, 2011 at 5:29 am

oh onion rolls, how exciting!

i can’t bake, let alone have things come out uniform!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Burning the buds

25 Jamie in Arkansas July 13, 2011 at 8:19 am

“Barked” fries….that’s funny!!

26 Hope July 13, 2011 at 8:38 am

Delicious looking dinner! I love baking fries in the oven! They taste so good! πŸ™‚ Those cookies look absolutely perfect! You must tell us your brother’s secret to uniform cookies like that!
Hope recently posted..Quiet As A Mouse…

27 Yolie @ Practising Wellness July 13, 2011 at 9:04 am

Looks like a beautiful evening, with delicious food and wonderful company! So nice πŸ™‚ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..how to make a healthy, hearty bowl of oatmeal

28 Elizabeth July 13, 2011 at 9:32 am

I completely agree on the burger thing although burgers also scream football season to me. Oh is there anything better than a burger accompanied by an FSU win? Funny enough burgers are on the menu for tonight

29 Christie July 13, 2011 at 9:36 am

That burger looked AMAZING! Well DONE πŸ™‚
Christie recently posted..In a Funk? Have a Cupcake

30 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

Um, can your brother teach the rest of us his ways??! Nice looking cookies!
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Perfect Tuesday