more ยป" />

Beachside

by Meghann on July 11, 2011

Same position – different day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Only more sand, more water, and more dogs.

IMG_0030.jpg

And more love. Can you tell we’re a dog family?

IMG_0047.jpg

Maddie is the world’s best cuddler. So far I’ve got her cuddling with both Oliver and Scooby. The girl doesn’t like to sit alone.

My Dad was in charge of lunch today and made a rockstar meal, turning left over rice into fried rice with baked chicken and a side of tortilla chips with hummus.

After lunch Ashley, Kelly, and I headed to the office to get some much much needed work done.

It was a girl’s only golf cart ride.

We spent a couple of hours at the office, the headed bak for a mid-afternoon snack.

Plain yogurt, Granola, and Blueberries

We found the boys on outing #2 and followed them to the beach.

The boys do love to fish.

The girls love to drink. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Diner was another perfect meal for a crows – Kebobs!

Each kabob had eggplant, steak, bell pepper, onion, and mushroom.

Served with left over biscuit.

The veggies were a little underdone and I learned an important lesson that kabobs are better prepared under than broiler than baked in the oven.

This island is full of beautiful sunsets.

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8856.jpg

A sweet ending to a sweet day.

Good NIght!

1 Emilee July 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm

It looks like you’re having fun. Are those brownies, brownies sound soooo good right now!
Emilee recently posted..Something Old, Something New.

2 Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open July 11, 2011 at 9:46 pm

So jealous! Looks like a great trip!
Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open recently posted..Get Outside Today!

3 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 11, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Those brownies look delicious! And the beach looks too beautiful for words. I am jealous! I live in Miami and I have yet to make it to the beachside ๐Ÿ™
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Coffee Talk: Nutritional Tidbits

4 Mary July 11, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Looks like you’re having an awesome time! I love all of the beach pictures!
Mary recently posted..Swim Swam Swum

5 Ashley July 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm

What a beautiful day!! I love the picture of you, your BF and your dog. It’s too cute!!
Ashley recently posted..Weekly Plan: July 11-17

6 Cait's Plate July 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Haha – I love the yoga picture. My sisters and I could have a similar one ๐Ÿ™‚

And oh my gosh – that picture of Maddie curled up on the couch “snuggling” is just too adorable. What a sweetheart!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Pizza & Ice Cream

7 michelle July 11, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Those beach pictures are making me so jealous! It’s rainy right now where I am at…. rainy and a little cold
michelle recently posted..19 Days!

8 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm

You are in paradise!! So jealous ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Meeting Strangers From the Internet

9 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 11, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I so want to go sit on the beach and read! That sounds amazing.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Table Topics

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 11, 2011 at 10:16 pm

ummm beautiful!! I love the pic of the 3 of you holding your legs up. Awesome!

What a pretty sunset!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..BodyPUMP Release 78 Review

11 Sarah @ EatRunGarden July 11, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Looks like you are having so much fun! Kabobs are also really good on the grill, but that only works if you have a grill ๐Ÿ™‚
I like the action shots of the dogs and your brother playing fetch with the big stick.
Sarah @ EatRunGarden recently posted..Zucchini and Kale Lasagna

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) July 11, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Looks like such an amazing time! I love how close your family is! ๐Ÿ˜€
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Chicago Marathon 2011 Training Reflection: Week 16

13 Ashley July 11, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Amazing Pictures! Looks like you guys are having so much fun.
Ashley recently posted..Week 7 Recap + Weekend Fun

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Those brownies looks so gooey and good!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Fun with liquid nitrogen

15 Ashley @ This Is The Place July 11, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Just a tip – the key to perfect kebobs is to not mix them. Put all the mushrooms on one, all onions on another, all steak on another, etc. That way you can take them out of the oven/off of the grill as each gets cooked to its own perfect level.
Ashley @ This Is The Place recently posted..New Virginia Discovery – The W & OD Trail

16 pinkflipflops July 12, 2011 at 9:58 am

This is what I was going to suggest. Love kebobs!
pinkflipflops recently posted..The Piggy Dress

17 SaraRM July 11, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Beach AND Brownies!! Definintely not a nice post!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Sarah July 12, 2011 at 1:16 am

Maddie is such a cutie! I love seeing dogs who love to swim. Cutest. Thing. Ever.
Sarah recently posted..Where does the time go?

19 Grace July 12, 2011 at 2:42 am

Beautiful pictures! I especially love your family photo and beach yoga:)
Grace recently posted..Home Sweet Home?

20 Sophie July 12, 2011 at 3:05 am

The island looks aazing, looks like you’re having a fab time ๐Ÿ™‚ I want to go on holiday!!!!
Sophie recently posted..Head Clearing.

21 Lauren July 12, 2011 at 6:54 am

I beg to differโ€ฆ.kabobs are best cooked on the grill. I’ve never tried them in the oven but I imagine they just wouldn’t have that same effect. Still looks delicious though! Hope you guys enjoy another wonderful relaxing day today!
Lauren recently posted..It’s a Brand New Day!

22 Hope July 12, 2011 at 8:30 am

Looks like such a fun trip! Veggie kabobs are so tasty! I think they would be amazing on the grill. ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the picture of Maddie all snuggled up on the couch. So cute!
Hope recently posted..Daily Routineโ€ฆ

23 Living, Learning, Eating July 12, 2011 at 8:42 am

Looks like fun! And the granola/blueberries/brownies look delicious!

24 Gwen July 12, 2011 at 9:59 am

I love how close you girlies are with your future Sister in Law. So sweet! Tight knit families are the best. I am sure your bro must have major FOMO being on the opposite coast!

25 Courtney July 12, 2011 at 10:10 am

I’m living through you with your fantastic vacation! I hope you enjoy every last second. ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney recently posted..Moss Park Sprint Triathlon Review

26 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes July 12, 2011 at 10:22 am

Awesom!
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Playing Houseโ€ฆ

27 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes July 12, 2011 at 10:23 am

I meant awesome!!! Ok! Happy Tuesday!
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Playing Houseโ€ฆ

28 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) July 12, 2011 at 10:35 am

Love all the puppy photos! I bet they are loving the beach!
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..The Culinary Maturity of a Five Year Old…

29 Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect July 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Looks like a great day! Wish I was there!!
Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect recently posted..Held Hostage on a Beautiful Day

30 Katie July 12, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I would where you cook your kebobs is your business, but I would recommend doing meet on different skewers than veggies. You don’t want to dry out the meat, or over/under cook veggies.