Peaceful Morning

by Meghann on July 10, 2011

Good Morning!

Just another beautiful morning in paradise. πŸ™‚

I’m not sure if it was the prospect of a beautiful day on the beach or what, but I was too excited to sleep in this morning. I tossed and turned about 30 minutes before finally getting up around 6:30am.

I took advantage of the quiet island and went for a 3 mile walk along the beach. I desperately wanted to run, but my knee still couldn’t handle it. Unfortunately it could barely handle the 3 mile walk.

30 minutes with an ice pack and it was good as new. One of the many benefits of spending the week with my family is having half a dozen set of eyes telling me how swollen my knee looks and reminding me to ice it. I trust their opinion more than my own on the matter.

Another benefit is my Dad’s skills in the kitchen.

Pancakes? Yes, please!

Three pancakes, one egg, and a bounty of berries.

Nom Nom Nom πŸ™‚

The internet signal here is sadly disappointing. We’re running on dial up DSL and I can barely check my e-mail on it, let along do much else. Fortunately the main office of the island has a beautiful wireless signal that runs at lightening speed. It sucks to not have immediate access at the house, but I’m thankful to at least have the ability to access it somewhere. πŸ™‚

We’re heading to the beach for the morning. The dogs are so excited – they can hardly stand it!

Have a great Sunday!

1 Amy @ThenThereWere July 10, 2011 at 9:32 am

Don’t you have a htc? Should be able to tether…?
Amy @ThenThereWere recently posted..my tea cosy confessional

2 Heather July 10, 2011 at 9:32 am

There’s absolutely nothing better than an early mornin at the beach πŸ™‚ have a fun vacation!
Heather recently posted..{Not} Running on Empty

3 michelle July 10, 2011 at 9:41 am

That breakfast looks amazing. Have a great Sunday πŸ™‚
michelle recently posted..Five Things I’m Loving

4 Alicia at Poise in Parma July 10, 2011 at 9:50 am

I know it’s hard, but try to detach and enjoy your vacation as much as you can! We all deserve some rest and relaxation from time to time – even without electronic devices πŸ™‚
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..28 at 28: A New 5K PR on the Way to Laguna Beach

5 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 10, 2011 at 10:01 am

I’m glad you have at least some internet connection so that I can look at pictures of your delicious breakfast πŸ™‚
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..House of Mirrors

6 Amy* July 10, 2011 at 10:04 am

It’s been forever since I went on a family vacation! Jealous! It looks like y’all are having a great time already!*

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 10, 2011 at 10:16 am

Dad’s cooking is always the best!

Have a great day at the beach!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Strawberry Cucumber Salad

8 Karin July 10, 2011 at 10:16 am

Hope the knee feels better soon!
Karin recently posted..β€œI get by with a little help from my friends”

9 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 10, 2011 at 10:27 am

Mmm pancakes made by one’s dad are the best kind of pancakes there are!
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Snacks that are not Sunny Seeds but are still Very Good #9

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 10, 2011 at 10:32 am

The internt is a sign to go enjoy your vacation! I miss Sunday pancake breakfasts by dad!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..The good and the bad

11 Ali @ Ali Runs July 10, 2011 at 10:38 am

This looks like the greatest morning ever. I can’t wait until I can go on vacation! πŸ™‚ Enjoy the beach!!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Words of Wisdom

12 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 10, 2011 at 10:48 am

Sometimes, you just need a daddy (or a mommy) in the kitchen to make you feel better.

Take care of yourself, and use this time off! Maybe the sun/sand/saltwater will help out that knee!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..BodyJam: Booty Blast Edition

13 Krystina (Organically Me) July 10, 2011 at 10:49 am

Have a great beach day. πŸ˜€
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..5 Healthy Foods I Love

14 Hayley @ Hayley Daily July 10, 2011 at 10:56 am

Still insanely jealous of your entire life right now! Gosh, that just looks and sounds so amazing.
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..This cannot be ignored.

15 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 10, 2011 at 10:59 am

These posts are making me so anxious for my family vacation at the beach in a few shorts weeks! I will have to live vicariously through you until then! Enjoy πŸ™‚
Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese recently posted..Quick Run.

16 Christine @ BookishlyB July 10, 2011 at 11:05 am

Whoa, dial up! How retro!
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Things That Make You Go Hmmm…

17 Lacey @ Lake Life July 10, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I wouldn’t be able to sleep in if I was there either! Maybe it’s a sign that you have poor internet at the house- all the more reason to unplug and spend some quality time with the fam (and ice your knee, of course!)
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Easy Caprese Salad Appetizer

18 Erica @ TheSqueezeBlog July 10, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Your family vacation looks AMAZING. Totally jealous! πŸ˜‰

19 Maria July 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I can always wake up so early on vacation because I never want to miss a second of the day. Too bad I can’t say that for everyday!

Dads always make pancakes better than anyone!
Maria recently posted..2011 Los Altos Art and Wine Festival

20 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm

pancakes on Sunday are a MUST! Yumm. Enjoy the beach for US πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..β€˜Course Nutrition

21 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I feel like breakfast is one meal dads always excel in cooking.
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Saturday Shenanigans

22 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 10, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Your dad looks like an awesome chef πŸ™‚ I’m pretty sure that dads make the best pancakes!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Goes Together Like Peanut Butter and Honey

23 Hilary July 10, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Mmm…that looks like the perfect vacation Sunday breakfast. LOVE family beach vacations…kinda jealous….hope you have a blast!
Hilary recently posted..Sides Show

24 Ellen @ Cupcakes and Cantaloupe July 10, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Love me some pncakes, especially when they are cooked by Dad! Looks so beautiful-such a pretty view.

25 Cait's Plate July 10, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I’m struggling with bad internet this weekend too – so annoying!

Those pancakes look awesome – I always get excited when I see that your dad is cooking (especially his biscuits!) cause I know it means something good is upcoming πŸ˜‰
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Maximized

26 Sarah July 10, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Dial up/DSL??! Oh my!! That just means you get to unplug for awhile and enjoy your family time. Sounds like a good deal to me! Have fun!
Sarah recently posted..Just-in-Case

27 katie July 10, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Good thing you iced and rested again ; ) no fun Im sure though

Take LOTS of dog PICS at the beach tomorrow!!! yay!
katie recently posted..Junk food { alley }

28 Amy July 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Captiva Island looks absolutely amazing! I am so jealous!
Amy recently posted..Facebook is the new CNN

29 Grace July 10, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I was just without internet on an island for a week and you wanna talk about having a ton of pictures for on recap post! Glad you were able to find some! Your b-fast looks amazing I love when someone makes me pancakes!
Grace recently posted..Home Sweet Home?

30 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) July 10, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Looks like you guys are having a great time!
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..A Day Late…

31 Bella July 11, 2011 at 10:06 am

I had pancakes this morning, I got three and could barely finish my second one! They were huge though, and they were Apple.. Good to know your enjoying you vaca! I wish I could be as lucky as you haha. Enjoy yourself. (:
Bella recently posted..Confidence through a blogging rutt.