Dinner with the Florida Swim Network

by Meghann on July 6, 2011

Tonight was a blast.

MealsAndMilesFlSwimNetwork.png

Discussing blogs, training, and dogs over dinner while being live streamed? What’s not to love? Throw in a couple of girls that I admire and love and a dreamy host who’s always down for a laugh and you’re golden!

You can check out the full interview on the Florida Swim Network now, but let me give you a little background…

My friend Bess and her husband (Swimmer Joe) started an online channel for swim nuts called the Florida Swim Network. Once a week they live stream a show hosted by SwimmerJoe where they invite guests on to have dinner and discuss any and everything.

A couple of weeks ago Bess invited Katy, Julie, and I on for a ‘FitBloggers’ episode and you know I immediately jumped at the chance, not only would it be fun to be on the show, but it’s an excuse to have dinner with friends.

The taping happened at the Shipyard Emporium in Winter Park.

They completed the restaurant right after I moved and I’d been dying for an excuse to check it out.

It’s a really cute place with a diverse menu, fresh baked bread, and a deli case. They also have a full line of Shipyard brews, plus a couple of loca, homegrown ones. I didn’t get to try a beer tonight, so I’ll have to come back for a sampling.

When I arrived the crew (aka Bess) was setting up for the shot.

We had our own little table in the back and it was kind of fun to be so secluded in such a beautiful space.

A hummus appetizer was awaiting when I arrived. I tried two pieces and was in garlic heave, – good thing no one can smell your breath through the internet.

At 8:00pm it was show time.

The show was incredibly laid back and so much fun. It really was just like having dinner with friends. Well, a dinner that’s being live streamed to who knows how many people, but still fun. ;)

We were even caught in the act when the food arrived and started taking photos of our food. ;)

I ordered the BBQ Chicken Flatbread because the stout bbq sauce sounded delicious, but was sadly disappointed. The sauce was too sweet and overpowered the pizza. It was also missing red onion – the green onions just weren’t the same.

However, everyone else’s meals looked delicious, so I know what exactly to order and what not to order next time. ;)

The hour show flew by so fast that even after we wrapped up, we still sat around for another hour continuing the conversation. We need to all get together and do it again (even if we’re not being filmed. ;) )

If you have some free time – I highly suggest checking the interview out! You’ll have the pleasure hearing me rattle on about my recent bike collision and upcoming Augusta Half Ironman Training, plus some great blog advice from Katy and get a sneak peek into Julie’s past as a diver. Go now! ;)

I made it to Orlando on the early side this afternoon and stopped in to Whole Foods for a Chocolate Split Smoothies (minus the bananas).

IMG_0970.jpg

It was just like a chocolate shake!

And I was able to restock my supply of Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter.

I <3 this stuff!

Locally, I can only find it at the Winter Park Chamberlains. So worth the extra drive to pick it up. I bought three jars in total! ;)

I’m crashing on Katy’s spare bed tonight! I’ll deal with driving back to Tampa in the morning. :)

Good Night!

1 Katherine July 7, 2011 at 12:04 am

Aren’t hummus appetizers just amazing?!?!
Katherine recently posted..Greek Yogurt Break Down + Giveaway

2 Erica @ A Healthy Habit July 7, 2011 at 12:18 am

Food looks so delicious and I can’t wait to check out the interview :)

3 candice July 7, 2011 at 1:26 am

Loved the video! Looked like SO much fun!! You three are so cute! I’m training for my first half ironman! Hummus is my ultimate fav.. haven’t had it for awhile.. my mouth is kind of watering

4 Sally Kate July 7, 2011 at 1:51 am

wow- i want to find that peanut butter, ive been seeing it on blogs FOREVER and just moved to a town with a whole foods- do you think they would have the naturally nutty brand?
Sally Kate recently posted..my worst nightmare

5 Lauren July 7, 2011 at 6:43 am

How fun!!! What a great event. :)
Lauren recently posted..Me? A Spinning Instructor?

6 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes July 7, 2011 at 6:47 am

Wow! Looks like a great day out!

7 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 7, 2011 at 7:02 am

The Chamberlains in Winter Park is the greatest!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bananas In Pajamas

8 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 7, 2011 at 7:19 am

Looks like a fun time — any excuse to go out to dinner is usually a good one!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Poor Man’s Garmin

9 Hillary July 7, 2011 at 7:35 am

What a fun and awesome opportunity!
Hillary recently posted..Feeling Old Fashioned

10 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 7, 2011 at 7:46 am

What a great idea! Sorry about the pizza, I do hate BBQ sauce that is too sweet :(

Safe travels! :)
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Great Bike Ride, Exciting News and Boot Camp Workout

11 Alex July 7, 2011 at 8:10 am

Ah! You were so great!! Your voice is so smooth and PERFECT for TV! Great job!
Alex recently posted..Summer Snapshots {Week 3}

12 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 7, 2011 at 8:13 am

I’ve been wanting to get over to Shipyard as well! I recently tried their blueberry beer and World of Beer, which was delicious, so I’m excited to try their other beers.

13 Hope July 7, 2011 at 8:22 am

What a fun interview! I really enjoyed it! :) The Shipyard looks like a fun place to eat too!
Hope recently posted..Big Brother…

14 Erica @AMPlified Culture July 7, 2011 at 8:23 am

Looks like you all had a blast! Shipyard is fabulous too. We’ve been there several times before for appetizers and drinks and have always enjoyed it.

15 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 7, 2011 at 8:53 am

Well, your pizza sure *looked* good! Makes me want some BBQ-ed something in my life soon!
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #18: Sunny Seed Trail Mix

16 Cait's Plate July 7, 2011 at 9:02 am

Aw yay! Looks like such a fun night!

And oh man – that Chocolate Split Smoothie looks amazing.

I can’t believe you have Naturally Nutty available around you! I can’t seem to find it ANYWHERE in my Northeast corner on the world :(
Cait’s Plate recently posted..The Best Part of Wakin’ Up

17 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 7, 2011 at 9:02 am

Sometimes when I get food at a restaurant that pales in comparison to my mates plates, I end up going back to get a takeout order of whatever they got… I just can’t end the night on a bad note (or bite, as it were).

That being said, Swimmer Joe is hot, the hummus was good, and VOILA an excellent night overall it sounds like!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Hybrid Crab Cakes and Whipped Avocado Sauce

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 7, 2011 at 9:06 am

That looks like a cool event! We don’t have Naturally Nutty anywhere near us, jealous!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Lemon, spinach and feta linguine

19 Krystina (Organically Me) July 7, 2011 at 9:08 am

I’ve been wanting to check Shipyard out, but I’m sad that it was disappointing. :(
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Mexican Salad

20 Meghann July 7, 2011 at 9:18 am

I wouldn’t call it disappointing – I would just say what I ordered was disappointing. I would go back again and get the grilled veggie salad or flatbread. That’s what Julie and Katy ordered and it looked great!

21 Bess July 7, 2011 at 9:27 am

Thanks for joining us last night, Meghann. I can’t wait to see you run that Half Ironman…wowsers! You go girl!
Bess recently posted..Space is limited. Register now!

22 Sabrina July 7, 2011 at 9:33 am

The drive to Winter Park is ALWAYS well worth it!! I live on the east coast and when I drive to visit my niece & nephew in Orlando I always make a small detour… Chamberlins, Whole Foods, and so many quaint restaurants. Makes my heart smile! ;)

23 Meghann July 7, 2011 at 9:51 am

Where do you live on the East Coast? I’m from Titusville! Space Coast represent!

24 Sabrina July 7, 2011 at 10:06 am

Melbourne!! I was just in Titusville last week to have lunch at Dixie Crossroads with a friend! <3
Sabrina recently posted..Tick Tock

25 Mary July 7, 2011 at 9:43 am

Your interview is cute! how fun, it looked so cordial just like you were having dinner with friends :)
Mary recently posted..Brick Brack

26 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes July 7, 2011 at 9:49 am

Looks like so much fun! I’m so jealous! I don’t think we have the same blogging community here in Fairfield County…which is probably totally not true because I like 3o minutes from NYC! I’ll have to do my research! Until then…I’ll be jealous!
Happy Thursday :)
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Cardboard Keg…

27 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life July 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

Awww, that looks like to much fun! Hope you had a safe drive back to Tampa :)
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Addicted To Working Out

28 Rachel July 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

I loved the white bean hummus at Shipyard and their draft root beer is AMAZING! Gonna head over to the Winter Park Chamberlain’s on my lunch break and pick up some Naturally Nutty. Thanks for letting me know where to find it! :)

29 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) July 7, 2011 at 10:11 am

Looks like so much fun! Plus, that pizza looks delicious :)
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..Wine & Dine Wednesday: Week 3

30 diana@mymarblerye July 7, 2011 at 10:17 am

Bess looks like Chelsea Handler!
diana@mymarblerye recently posted..My Wedding

31 Christie July 7, 2011 at 10:47 am

Congrats on the interview! That’s awesome! Now… let’s talk peanut butter… that Whole Foods Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter looks a-mazing. However, I noticed some of the flavors and couldn’t help but wonder if they have a lot of sugar? Also, what’s your favorite flavor? I’m only obsessed with Whole Foods (and Trader Joe’s!) so I will DEFINITELY be checking out this selection next time I venture on over there.
Christie recently posted..Iceland! In Brief

32 Meghann July 8, 2011 at 10:56 am

My Favorite is the Vanilla Almond Butter So. Good. ;)
Yes, there is a bit of sugar you can check out the full nutritional panel at http://www.naturallynutty.com/

33 Evan Thomas July 7, 2011 at 10:52 am

I’m jealous! We can’t find Naturally Nutty in stores anywhere around here. Their butter toffee is the best nut butter I’ve had.

34 Dani July 7, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Looks fun!!

35 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio July 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm

What’s the best Naturally Nutty flavor?
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Zebra Pudding– Where Have I Been?