Maddie’s Secret Spot

by Meghann on July 5, 2011

Where’s Maddie?!?

I’m pretty sure Maddie is thrilled that 4th of July is finally over. Three nights in a row of random neighborhood kids setting off fireworks? No thank you.

I guess hanging out under Derek’s pants makes her feel safe?

Was anyone else’s pets freaked out this weekend?

Maddie was back to her crazy loving self this morning, as was I. In fact, I felt so great, I headed to the gym. I’m still not ready to run or spin, but I did complete a 30 minute walk on the treadmill and my sister’s arm strength routine.

I was suppose to complete the NROLW ‘Special Workouts’ for stage 1 this week, but I wasn’t sure my knee could handle the squats and what not. Sticking with arms seemed like the best option for right now.

Post-workout breakfast:

Two whole grain Eggos topped with almond butter, mango chunks, and Uncle Sam’s cereal.

I enjoy topping my waffles with cereal for an added crunch. 🙂

Knee update:

IMG_0936.jpg

The bruising and swelling have leveled off – I’ll take that as a good sign. Heal baby, heal! 🙂

How was your holiday weekend? Any big adventures?

1 Cait's Plate July 5, 2011 at 10:35 am

Glad the bruising and swelling are subsiding! Hoping for SPEEDY recovery!

How cute is Maddie – so adorable to see her little face poking out from the clothes. My sister’s dog is the EXACT same way.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Scheduled

2 michelle July 5, 2011 at 10:39 am

My dog was going insane for the past 2 nights…. barking and running laps around our place everytime he would hear a “BOOM” outside. It was funny for about 3minutes and that was it.
michelle recently posted..Cheater

3 Shannon @ Mon Amour July 5, 2011 at 10:40 am

My boyfriend’s dog is absolutely terrified of fireworks. My dog, on the other hand, could completely care less. She actually tilts her head at them
Shannon @ Mon Amour recently posted..Keystone/Baltimore Training: Week 2

4 Fit Chick Britt July 5, 2011 at 10:41 am

My dog doesn’t notice fireworks or thunder, she also loves chilling in the closet with the clothes though.

5 Hillary July 5, 2011 at 10:41 am

That mango looks outrageously delicious. So juicy! And bright!

I had the most relaxing weekend ever. Baked pizza dough from scratch, read my book, took some naps by the pool. Exactly what I needed ; )
Hillary recently posted..Red, White, and Blue(berries)

6 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run July 5, 2011 at 10:45 am

That eggo looks like a win! I put fruit loops on top of my pb and J english muffin this weekend and it was pretty much amazing and weird all at once.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Things That Happened This Weekend

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 5, 2011 at 10:45 am

That picture of Maddie reminds me of “where’s Waldo”. Loved that book!
This was the first year our dog wasn’t freaked out by the fireworks, she did great!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..4th of July on the lake

8 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups July 5, 2011 at 10:55 am

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!! Happy belated 4th!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Patriotic dessert

9 Margo July 5, 2011 at 11:12 am

Poor Maddie! My parents’ wedding anniversary is July 4th, but every year they end up staying at home because their dog gets so frightened by the noisy fireworks! Glad your knee is healing!

10 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers July 5, 2011 at 11:15 am

Poor lil puppy! Luckily my cats did not freak out at the fireworks or thunder from this weekend. I had a really good weekend; I’m just sad it’s already finished! 🙂
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Clearly Fresh Bags: It’s in the bag, baby!

11 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 5, 2011 at 11:16 am

Yeah!! You’re knee is healing! My sis’s dog was going nuts too, she was not a fan of the huge loud bangs. Hah.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Living Healthy And Eating

12 Sarah July 5, 2011 at 11:25 am

I went on a biking/hiking adventure! Tons of fun and wore me out! I’m glad to see you got moving a little again today. On the road to recovery!
Sarah recently posted..Oh Hey!

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 5, 2011 at 11:25 am

My pug barks at EVERYTHING… & fireworks are no exception! 🙂
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Happy 4th!

14 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 5, 2011 at 11:31 am

My poor bird was scared of the fireworks too! Luckily they didn’t last too long.
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Independence Day

15 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 5, 2011 at 11:37 am

I don’t have a dog, but I can say that *I* am pretty glad for the respite from the neighbors’ fireworks going off in the early morning hours. Tonight I plan on catching up on some much-needed sleep!
Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories recently posted..From The Marketer’s Desk #5

16 run run rachel July 5, 2011 at 11:46 am

last night i really wanted to sit outside and read the ipad for a bit so the animals wanted to be outside with me.

fireworks started going off and they immediately wanted back in. no sooner as i had shut the door and sat back down they were pacing and pawing at the door to come back out.

it was a nice abbott and costello act we had going for awhile.
run run rachel recently posted..boom boom pow

17 Carolina @ Peas in a Blog July 5, 2011 at 11:55 am

Rocco (my mini schnauzer) barked almost every single time a firework went off, which was a lot because I live in downtown. He’s lucky he’s so cute or else I would of been annoyed, ha!

Here’s to a speedy recovery, feel better!
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..Our First Giveaway!…and a Confession.

18 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 5, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Hahahha maddie is so cute. I’m glad it’s healing up!!! Good thing you got to work out I would start going crrrazy!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..You Are Captivating.

19 Katie @ running4cupcakes July 5, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Abby was plastered to my side this weekend with all the fireworks! My husband actually had to carry her to go outside last night before bed because she was too scared and wouldn’t go outside on her own! Thankfully for her another year until more fireworks!

20 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 5, 2011 at 12:23 pm

My niece was so scared of the fireworks — she is 3 and every time she heard a boom she would start crying. It was so sad!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Good Beef + Green Lantern

21 Ashlyn July 5, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Which waffles are those? I’ve seen nutri grain, but not whole grain? Same thing?

22 Meghann July 6, 2011 at 9:47 am

They’re the nutri-grain ones. Whole wheat not whole grain. My bad 🙂

23 Lauren July 5, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Haha too cute! Our dog usually hides in the most random places….like under the cousins of the couch or under the covers of our bed.
Lauren recently posted..4th of July 2011

24 Krystina (Organically Me) July 5, 2011 at 1:18 pm

People are CRAZY on the 4th and I couldn’t stand it. :\
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Raw Chard Wraps

25 Julia @ The Bosky Blog July 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm

oh man, she is too cute!

Goliath wasn’t too freaked by the fireworks, until an m/250 went off in our backyard. Someone tossed it from the street. Cool!!

Your knee is looking better, I hope it’s feeling the same! ouchies.

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 5, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Okay, I definitely missed that knee injury after being gone all weekend! Ouch!

Charlie was NOT pleased about the fireworks!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..getaway weekend

27 Sana July 5, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Poor Maddie! I was scared as welll!!!
Sana recently posted..Oh Rita

28 Cait @ Urban Fencepost July 5, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Aww, your poor doggy! My dog isn’t too afraid, as long as he’s indoors!
Cait @ Urban Fencepost recently posted..Back to the grind…

29 erica July 5, 2011 at 5:13 pm

maddie is so cute!
my dog hates fireworks, he hides in small, dark places…behind the toilet, in a closet, behind the golf bags….poor guy.
erica recently posted..jumble

30 Katy @ RunKatyRun July 6, 2011 at 11:14 am

Maddie reminds me of my childhood pet, Daisy! She was a toy poodle and would run and hide in the oddest places every year during fireworks! Sadly, she passed away in August of last year at 14 years old. </3 I miss that pup =o/

My 7 month-old puppy, Starbuck (a post-valentines day surprise from my Fiance) didn't take them as bad as I thought he would! He was very scared and wanted to run inside when he first saw them during our walk, but when he was indoors he was just fine as long as he sat next to me on the couch. He's a giant mama's boy! =o)

31 Cat @ On the Brink of 30 July 7, 2011 at 9:25 am

Your dog is so cute! Our dog, Tux, pretends to be cool about fireworks, but then he’ll sit on our feet until all’s clear!
Cat @ On the Brink of 30 recently posted..Happy Anniversary, NewBinos!