R.I.C.E.

by Meghann on July 4, 2011

Ouch.

IMG_0884.jpg

I think the adrenaline after yesterday’s collision has finally wore off and all I’m left with is pain. I could definitely feel a difference when I woke up this morning from when I went to bed yesterday. The knee swelled up a bit over night and the bruising is starting to break through.

Can you see a difference?

In order to speed through recovery as quick as possible I’m confining myself to the couch for the rest of the day. It sucks to be stuck inside on such a beautiful fourth of July (when I’d rather be outside at the beach or partying with friends), but I know my knee needs the rest if I want to continue with training sooner rather than later.

Luckily I’ve got a DVR full of my favorite trashy shows, a TON of work to do on the lap top, and an adorable little puppy who refuses to leave my side.

She’s my little protector. πŸ™‚

I’ve also got a fridge full of food. πŸ™‚

My breakfast was a simple bowl of cereal consisting of:

• 1/2 cup Life Cereal
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios (love these)
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Golden Goodness
  • Lemon Chobani
  • Strawberries
  • Raisins

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Light a firework for me!

1 Erica July 4, 2011 at 9:51 am

Bless your heart! Heal quickly and enjoy your relaxing day!

2 michelle July 4, 2011 at 9:55 am

Aw that sucks. I hope you feel better soon and enjoy the 4th as much as possible given the circumstances.
michelle recently posted..Saying Goodbye

3 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 4, 2011 at 9:56 am

Oh no girl :((( I hope it gets better! Ice is a miracle worker. At least you’ve got the pups to make you feel betta πŸ™‚
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..A Picture Says a Thousand Words

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 4, 2011 at 10:04 am

Yikes those stitches look sore!! Good for you for resting up though. Happy 4th of July! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Long weekend lounging

5 Stephanie July 4, 2011 at 10:07 am

Rest up ouch!
Stephanie recently posted..Wedding Woes

6 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 4, 2011 at 10:13 am

Enjoy your trashy tv shows and take care of that knee!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Happy 4th of July!

7 Fit Chick Britt July 4, 2011 at 10:15 am

Poor thing! TV, food, and doggie snuggle don’t sound so bad though. Have a good day and get better.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..A Little Bit of a Lazy Weekend

8 Cait's Plate July 4, 2011 at 10:19 am

Ugh – rest up! Hope you’re good as new soon πŸ™
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Red, White & Blueberry

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) July 4, 2011 at 10:31 am

Aw I’m so sorry!!! Hopefully this day of rest will speed up the recovery process! You can always celebrate at a later date! πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Chicago Marathon 2011 Training Reflection: Week 15

10 The Teenage Taste July 4, 2011 at 10:38 am

I am so sorry to hear about your collision. Hope you heal up quickly! πŸ™‚
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Happy Fourth Of July Weekend!

11 Hayley @ Hayley Daily July 4, 2011 at 11:07 am

Yowzers! Rest up and get better, girl. I know exactly what you mean about the trashy tv. πŸ™‚

12 Dione July 4, 2011 at 11:09 am

Ouch! I hope you feel better tomorrow!
Dione recently posted..Happy 4th of July

13 karin July 4, 2011 at 11:28 am

I just put my pitiful injury pic on twitter..want to update blog but takes too long typing with left hand:(

14 Hillary July 4, 2011 at 11:42 am

Ouch. Good call on the resting—it looks like your knee needs a break!
Hillary recently posted..That’s Just Bulgur

15 Bee Goes Bananas July 4, 2011 at 11:53 am

I hope you get better soon! RICE is the best method to a speedy recovery for sure!

16 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs July 4, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Oh no!! I hope you feel better quickly! What is r.i.c.e.?
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..Happy 3rd of July!

17 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run July 4, 2011 at 12:06 pm

So, that pic of Maddie was on my computer screen when my husband walked into the room and he totally started giggling.

My husband doesn’t enjoy blogs unless they have the word “xbox360” in them, so I think this is a step forward. πŸ™‚

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm

OH sad! πŸ™ But TV always helps!! Happy 4th!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Oh Say Can You See

19 Judy July 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm

OUCH that looks so painful! Hope you heal quickly!
Judy recently posted..DOES THIS QUALIFY AS A STASH?

20 Lauren July 4, 2011 at 12:45 pm

You poor thing! Just embrace this time of rest. You’ll be good as new in no time!
Lauren recently posted..And So It Continues….

21 Chloe (South Beach Girl) July 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I’m in the same boat πŸ™ I’ve had a stomach bug this whole weekend and know I need to continue to take it easy if I want to get better more quickly.
Hope today is productive for you and that your knee doesn’t hurt too badly!
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..Stomach Bug on the Fourth

22 Nanette @ Making Me New July 4, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Smart decision! You’ll be up and running (and cycling) again in no time! Try and enjoy the rest.
Nanette @ Making Me New recently posted..Celebrating Birth, Freedom, & Family

23 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 4, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Yeah good idea.. you ice that baby up!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Happy 4th!