HIM Training: Week 4

by Meghann on July 4, 2011

Another week in training for the Augusta Half Ironman has officially bit the dust.

Four weeks down. Twelve more to go!

Previous weekly wrap ups:

Here’s what the week was suppose to look like…

Monday – Thursday

Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 11.49.14 AM.png

Friday – Sunday

Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 11.49.26 AM.png

What actually went down…

Monday – Thursday

Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 11.58.19 AM.png

Friday – Saturday

Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 11.58.28 AM.png

That’s a lot of red up there. πŸ˜‰

Wrap- Up

• Swim:  2450 yds
  • Bike: 31 miles + 60 min Spin
  • Run: 8 miles
  • Strength: 3 days
  • Misc: 20 mins

Notes and Thoughts

• I added a third session of NROLFW this week to finish off Stage 1. The plan is now to continue with the special workouts this week and then take the recommended week of rest while I’m on vacation next week.
  • Running miles were low again this week. I’m going to have to figure out a way to fit in another run or raise the mileage/time for runs.
  • Trading my planned track run for a fun run was mentally needed.
  • I’m getting faster! Holding a 15 mph bike ride for 26 miles is a big YAY in the training book!
  • Sunday’s bike collision was an unplanned set back that I’m going to see reflected in next week’s wrap up. I’m crossing my fingers it won’t be too bad, but who knows? It’s better to give my knee all the rest it needs rather than pushing it too soon.

This coming week is going to be interesting. My fingers are crossed it won’t be too bag though!

Today’s Lunch

Mediterranean Tacos

Two whole wheat tortillas stuffed with olive hummus, tomato, mushrooms, feta, spinach, and a balsamic vinegar.

Love. πŸ™‚

Good news: I showered today for the first time in 48 hours! Derek isn’t afraid to sit by my anymore. Woo hoo!

1 Stephanie July 4, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Haha my schedule looks like this all the time, just got to go with it!
Stephanie recently posted..Wedding Woes

2 Hillary July 4, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Just reading your training schedule makes me feel exhausted! You should be so darn proud of yourself!
Hillary recently posted..Red, White, and Blue(berries)

3 Katherine July 4, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Looks like some awesome workouts. Dang, I wish I could do that.
Katherine recently posted..A Day Of Fun

4 Daniel Black July 4, 2011 at 4:04 pm

You are a real inspiration, if only I had the same determination. I think if I had to eat the food that you are for even a single day I will land in a hospital bed for malnutrition πŸ™‚
Daniel Black recently posted..Claiming Back Tax If You’ve Overpaid Through Your Job

5 marie July 4, 2011 at 5:12 pm

LOLZ on the malnutrition comment.

6 marie July 4, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Be careful, one of these days you might actually ingest a significant amount of calories in one of your “meals”. I find it odd that no one else comments on the fact that you are back to your disordered ways. We get it, you want to lose weight. Maybe do it in an actual safe manner?

7 Karin July 4, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I just showered as well… With a garbage bag over my arm… Feels so much better being clean!

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 4, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love showering…most days I shower 2-3x a day! (I teach fitness classes and swim a lot in the Summer) πŸ™‚

It is okay to feel it out, and thus see red. You’re inspiring, I am going to do a half-ironman next year. WOOT.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Oh Say Can You See

9 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes July 4, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Hope the knee heals soon! Ice, puppy and food should help πŸ™‚
Happy 4th
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Marathon Training: Week 2

10 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) July 4, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Seeing your schedule makes me miss triathlon training, but also dread it!! I have been on hiatus for a while now, but thinking I need to make a move here soon.

Good job for your commitment and sorry to hear bout your lil knee. Get better asap!

Happy 4th of July doll!

πŸ™‚
Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) recently posted..My most memorable 4th of July was in Montezuma, Colorado!

11 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm

haha! So glad you were able to shower, that definitely helps with making you feel better πŸ˜›

I think your training is going awesome, kudos to you for realizing that you needed a mental break from the team track practice.

Re running just remember that QUALITY always wins over QUANTITY particularly when you’re talking about running miles and tri training. If you feel like you needed a break from the track practice you may want to keep the amount of running as is for now. Just a thought! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..How to Host a Dinner Party Miller Style

12 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm

You had a great week! I just got caught up with your old posts and I’m so sorry to hear you had an accident πŸ™ I hope you’re feeling a lot better!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Costco’s Number One Customer

13 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 4, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I put balsamic vinegar on everything. EVERYTHING.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..A Picture Says a Thousand Words

14 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 4, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Hurray for showers!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Happy 4th of July!

15 Jessica @ The Process of Healing July 4, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I hope everything heals fast and you get back to normal sooner rather than later! I know how much injuries SUCK!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Thought

16 Shannon @ Mon Amour July 5, 2011 at 9:24 am

I hope your knee is okay. You have come so far, so just rest it and hopefully you will be good to go!
Shannon @ Mon Amour recently posted..Keystone/Baltimore Training: Week 2