more ยป" />

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Gets Two Thumbs Down

by Meghann on July 2, 2011

Well, there goes three hours of my life I won’t get back.

TRANSFORMERS-3-DARK-OF-THE-MOON-Movie-Poster-Ninja Romeo.jpg

This afternoon I gave Derek the choice between two movies to see tonight: Bad Teacher and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Without blinking an eye he picked Transformers. Fine by me, I loved the first two and am always up for a good action flick. ๐Ÿ™‚

Before heading to the theater, I stuck with my week long eating out ban (Wednesday and Thursday night don’t count because they were free or already paid for ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) and made a quick meal at home.

BBQ Pork Chops grilled on the stovetop.

And roasted Cauliflower, Zucchini, and Yellow Squash from the oven.

Earlier I had a Chocolate Vitatop and dried fruit. (a surprisingly killer snack)

Fast forward to movie time…

Transformers started out great – impressive special effect, beautiful cinematography, heart pumping soundtrack, etc. etc. – but it pretty much went downhill from there.

• The actress ...errr... model they brought in to replace Megan Fox was an emotionless line reader, who had no chemistry with Shia Lebouf’s character and was almost too pretty to be on screen. I found her character very flat and overall screen presence very unrelatable.
  • The storyline was littered with holes.
  • Attempts at humor were forced and only slightly amusing.
  • Even the special effects got old after a while.There’s only so many ways a building can fall down before it gets old.
  • It was way too long.

I could go on, but I’ll leave it at that.

Take my advice – don’t waste your money. Wait for the DVD. Trust me.

Derek turned to me about 3/4 of the way through and asked if we could leave. We didn’t, but I was tempted.

I sought comfort in the last of the ice cream once we got home.

Nothing better than ice cream straight from the carton. ๐Ÿ™‚

The awful movie exhausted me. Time for bed.

Good Night!

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 2, 2011 at 12:23 am

I hate when I see a bad movie in theaters! I try to wait until popular movies go in the dollar theater so I won’t feel bad about leaving ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hi, July!

2 Tara Burner July 2, 2011 at 12:34 am

and see everyone else that I’ve read/talked to said it was good…course they were all talking about all the hottie men in it so maybe that’s why ๐Ÿ˜‰
I’ll be waiting for it on dvd since I’m on a movie strike right now…refuse to pay $10 for myself & another $10 for my daughter when at that I could buy the dvd!
Tara Burner recently posted..75 min. bike ride=864 calorie

3 Lorin July 2, 2011 at 2:23 am

I just saw Bad Teacher today, I recommend that! I feel like they definitely should’ve stopped at the first one. I never saw the second one but it seemed like it has been dragged out.

4 Manissa July 2, 2011 at 2:48 am

I totally agree. The same thing pretty much happened to me few days ago, the bf chose Transformers over Bad Teacher and yeah – I had to sit there for three freakin’ hours. And what you said about that actress, geez truer words have never been spoken!
Manissa recently posted..marble cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

5 erica July 2, 2011 at 5:11 am

everyone i know that saw it said it was good…good to hear a different opinion. i’ll probably still go see it…at least for the eye candy ;p
erica recently posted..third times a charm

6 Freya July 2, 2011 at 6:03 am

I saw 10mins of the first Transformers and HATED it, so I dread to think what the 3rd was like!
Bad Teacher I have seen – it’s not good. All the jokes come in the first 10mins, then it’s blah and the characters are overdone and don’t make sense. Wait til DVD for that too!
Freya recently posted..The Power of People

7 jimmy jam jackson July 2, 2011 at 7:51 am

I see you are making a living blogging, despite being functionally illiterate. Congrats!

8 Meghann July 2, 2011 at 10:11 am

What can I say? Even us illiterates can fool the best of them!

9 Bee Goes Bananas July 2, 2011 at 8:20 am

That’s so disappointing! The first two weren’t anything spectacular, but they were definitely entertaining and watchable. I guess I should have expected the third one to fade out. I’ll wait until DVD. Thanks for letting us know!

10 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 2, 2011 at 8:45 am

I thought the first 2 Transformers were super lame so there is little chance I will ever watch this – in the theaters or through Netflix.

Sorry you sat through it!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Friday Food

11 michelle July 2, 2011 at 8:45 am

I haven’t seen any of the transformers movies and probably never will. I hate feeling like I wasted time and money.
michelle recently posted..2011 Goalsโ€“How are YOU doing?

12 Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups July 2, 2011 at 8:49 am

Sorry about the crappy movie! I should’ve guessed that by the third movie, the series would loose some steam. I just like looking at Josh Duhamel ๐Ÿ™‚
Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups recently posted..Ethos Vegan Kitchen

13 Meghann July 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

Poor Josh! I think they just wrote in a last minute role for him because of the ‘eye candy’ factor (hubba hubba!) and the fact he was in the last two movies. Unfortunately even he couldn’t make the role work. The whole time he gave off the ‘why the heck am I in this movie’ vibe.

14 Hillary July 2, 2011 at 9:02 am

Yeah, I have pretty much no desire to see any of the Transformers movies. Glad you just confirmed that for me!

Also, have you tried Breyer’s new Dark Chocolate ice cream? Get it. You will not be disappointed!
Hillary recently posted..Eat Like a Man

15 Meghann July 2, 2011 at 10:08 am

I haven’t! But now I want to. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 D July 2, 2011 at 9:05 am

Why didn’t you want to leave?!

17 Meghann July 2, 2011 at 10:05 am

Since we paid so much for the darn tickets I figured we might as well stay and see if the autobots were able to save the world or now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

18 Lindsey July 2, 2011 at 9:35 am

It was that bad?! Shoot! I was so looking forward to it! But I will save our money now, since there is so many other great movies out!
Lindsey recently posted..Food Friday!

19 melissa July 2, 2011 at 9:54 am

That is so funny. My 16 year old daughter just saw it and she LOVED it. She said she cried a few times.
Love your blog.

20 Meghann July 2, 2011 at 10:08 am

As we were leaving a couple of teenage boys in front of us were talking about how it was ‘the best movie ever.’ I wanted to tap on their shoulders and asked what exactly made it the best. However. I’m sure there are several movies I’ve loved over the years that they would roll their eyes at too.

21 Katherine July 2, 2011 at 10:06 am

Aww, that sucks that it well…sucked!
Katherine recently posted..Bowling ๐Ÿ˜€

22 Cheryl July 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

Saw Bad Teacher this week, it was very funny! Recommend you spend your money on that one next movie nite : )

23 Jess@atasteofconfidence July 2, 2011 at 10:49 am

I actually didn’t think transformers was that bad, but I did see it at a drive-in.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Body Image and Youngโ€™ins: How to Stop the Fat Fear

24 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) July 2, 2011 at 10:51 am

Haha yes, i saw it too and couldn’t wait for it to be over, although I will admit I liked some of the wittier moments of the dialogue.. the plot though? No freakin’ clue what was going on .. Maybe I should have seen the first two?
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..The best peppermint chocolate chip cookies

25 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 2, 2011 at 11:58 am

my dad and brother are seeing this right now…. so glad I didn’t join them, HA.

Ice cream is SO so good!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Plate It

26 Margo @ Peanut Butter Trees July 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Love the roasted veggies!
Margo @ Peanut Butter Trees recently posted..Boston youโ€™re my home

27 Alaina July 2, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Yeah, I’ve only seen the 2nd one and I wasn’t impressed with that. Probably won’t see this one, especially after the reviews I’ve been hearing. I still have to see Bridesmaids! That’s one movie that I know I’m going to like. ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Myers + Chang

28 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 2, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Good to know, my husband has been on my case about seeing this for the past 3 days. I thought 1 and 2 were ok, but hearing this maybe I can persuade him to wait till DVD, just maybe ๐Ÿ˜‰
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Grocery store thoughts

29 Karolina July 2, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I liked the first movie alright, but didn’t even waste my time with the 2nd one. The 3rd one I haven’t even watched a trailer for, but it’s good to know I’m not missing anything!
Karolina recently posted..Nature Deficit Disorder & The Beauty of Outdoors

30 Beth (Well I'll Be) July 2, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Nothing worse than having to sit through a too long terrible movie. Glad to know it’s not worth seeing in the theater!
Beth (Well I’ll Be) recently posted..Gearing up for the 4th

31 River July 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I never saw the first two movies, but I went to see the 3rd one in the weekend. Didn’t think it was that bad. Agreed that it was far too long, and the first half was definitely the best (though I liked the very end too), I don’t think it was quite as bad as you make out! But then, I haven’t seen the first two, so maybe they’re better than the latest one!
River recently posted..Monthly Wishlist :: July

32 Kara July 4, 2011 at 11:47 am

I agree w/ you 100% on the movie. I saw it last night in Apopka…snoozer! I am new to your blog and love it! I hope to meet you this month at the Orlando Lady Bloggers meeting!

33 Malinda July 4, 2011 at 2:19 pm

My fiance and I faced that same decision this past Friday. After much debate about which crap movie we would see (Bad Teacher or Transformers) we opened it up to a 3rd option, Super 8, which is what we went with. I would recommend it. I thought it was very enjoyable.